First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I guess what I’m asking is.. I’m looking at a BD. I know signature lighting isn’t available. But I plan on getting the mid package. I know there was talking about the kid package getting you LED tails due to BLIS (similar to F150s and Rangers). Do we think that’s the case with the BLIS not in the housing but below now?
Great question!! I'm bouncing between Big Bend and Black Diamond! I asked Brandon at Grangers that very same question and I never got it answered! I believe he may have overlooked the question accidently!

I'm really wanting the tube-step, LED Signature & tail lights, Advance 4x, MGV!

I'm hoping to convert my reservation tomorrow into an order with Granger!! Decisions! Decisions!
Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Edit: I'll also point out that a BLIS sensor will have reduced efficiency and range if placed behind a metal panel.
...right, but who's saying those modules go beneath a metal panel? Willing to bet those fender-end closeouts are painted plastic/ composite. May have to go find a parked prototype this weekend and rap on the surfaces for S&G.

Posted earlier, someone was able to confirm that the BLIS is *not* included in the taillamp, but rather separate units mounted below the tail lights. (The black boxes visible in my post from earlier in the thread.)
Yep. Not that this helps much or any, but from the bits of the OE wiring diagram that are starting to eke through service portals...

Ford Bronco Analysis: swap headlights and tail lights from Base to Signature, possible process? 1620233073060

Further, this is pin-out for the connectors on the LH LED signature tail (RH pinout is identical, just mirrored).
Maybe I'm an idiot, but I don't see a circuit for SODC/ BLIS listed as entering the lamp housing.

Ford Bronco Analysis: swap headlights and tail lights from Base to Signature, possible process? 1620233565501

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
$43,275 - 4Dr Base 2.7L Squatch, MIC, Aux
$47,545 - 4Dr BB 2.7L Squatch, MIC, Aux

$4275 - BB from Base
$795 - Signature Lights

$5070 - Not spending this to get Sig Lights AND Lose the Sasquatch Base Badge

I'll save my money and get Sig Lights on my Warthog

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
WHAT

The prices for these parts are exactly 4x what I would have estimated. $1,600 PER HEADLIGHT? On a...Ford...RANGER? I would have guessed $800 for a pair of headlights and $500 for a pair of taillights. $1,600 for one headlight has me thinking state of the art tech built into an S-Class headlight

These numbers just dont make sense. Especially when you think about the cost of ranger vs the cost of replacement parts in a collision. A 2021 ranger in 5 years after depreciation, sustaining some front end damage could easily be flagged as totalled, if $3,200 for a set of headlight is a sign of what other parts could cost. Just the headlight parts alone would be 15%+ of the future value of the vehicle.

Last edited:

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I honestly prefer the base lighting look.
But if I change my mind. I will look into 1968 bronco headlight conversion for $12.95 each.
Screenshot_20210505-131404_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

aftermarket

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

$5200!!!

Ford Bronco Analysis: swap headlights and tail lights from Base to Signature, possible process? giphy

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
...right, but who's saying those modules go beneath a metal panel? Willing to bet those fender-end closeouts are painted plastic/ composite. May have to go find a parked prototype this weekend and rap on the surfaces for S&G.

Yep. Not that this helps much or any, but from the bits of the OE wiring diagram that are starting to eke through service portals...

Ford Bronco Analysis: swap headlights and tail lights from Base to Signature, possible process? giphy

Further, this is pin-out for the connectors on the LH LED signature tail (RH pinout is identical, just mirrored).
Maybe I'm an idiot, but I don't see a circuit for SODC/ BLIS listed as entering the lamp housing.

At this point we can't confirm the materials which will be covering these modules or sensors. The BLIS sensors have proven to be reliable with plastic coverings and the proximity sensors must be uncovered (thus bumper mounted).

My original post was made some time ago when there was still speculation what was possible as there had been a half-dozen new threads about swapping the lights across. As of this writing we still don't know if it's possible or at what cost. All a waiting game!

Thanks for posting the pinout and parts diagram. Frankly i'm too old and care about other things than digging that deep for info to give others that level of detail. If it was a project i'm doing on my rig then I would delve deeper and give the info. My personal hunch is that Ford will be consistent with history (both theirs, and other OEM's) and make a hardware swap to upgraded content difficult at best. I still haven't seen a single successful headlight swap aside from the one thread linked in the OP and that was a Ford employee who admitted it was financially a poor decision compared to just buying the upgraded trim level that had the content he wanted.

$5070 - Not spending this to get Sig Lights AND Lose the Sasquatch Base Badge
I'm pretty sure you can order the Base Sasquatch badge from the parts counter for a lot less than $50,070. Bet they won't even require you to verify you have that model to purchase the badge!

WHAT

The prices for these parts are exactly 4x what I would have estimated. $1,600 PER HEADLIGHT? On a...Ford...RANGER? I would have guessed $800 for a pair of headlights and $500 for a pair of taillights. $1,600 for one headlight has me thinking state of the art tech built into an S-Class headlight
Yes, this is fact what the headlights cost. Headlamps have long been one of the most expensive single part-numbers of a car almost as soon as HID lamps came onto the market from OEM's. These prices aren't absurd or out of line with the rest of the automotive landscape.

Your fun analogy with the S-class is awesome (sounds like a comment i'd make!) however, it falls apart when you price out S-class headlights as they are well north of what Ranger headlights cost.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/byv-s-class-2014-w222/c-electrical-lighting_c-headlights

Are you saying that if someone hit my Broncos headlight it would cost $5200 to replace?
I would venture a guess we're all saying you didn't read the thread, especially the first post.

Sponsored

96ExplorerSport

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After seeing the Broncos in person at Super Cel, I prefer the base lights (and simpler overall appearance) so much that I am 99% sure I'll switch my order from OB to Base.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it really costs $5300 to swap to the sig lights..... I’m speechless.

especially since yesterday in traffic I realized the base taillights are from the econoline parts bin.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
After seeing the Broncos in person at Super Cel, I prefer the base lights (and simpler overall appearance) so much that I am 99% sure I'll switch my order from OB to Base.
You had me til the “I’ll choose to to pay $15,000 less than i intended “
OB has a lot more than just sig.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does the standard rear lights have BLIS - so where is the sensor ? BLIS is blindspot monitoring, correct, and isn't that part of the mid package ?
Sponsored