Sponsored

For Those with VINs and Build Dates ONLY - DELAYED or NOT?

Was Your Build Date Delayed? Priority or NOT?

• Total voters

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
This survey should help us get a grasp if the 2 week Michigan shutdown is worrying or not. My intuition tells me it is not a big deal. Some with VINs have received official email notification from Ford that their confirmed build dates are delayed 2-3 weeks. Others with VINs have NOT received notification. Ford is stopping two week of May mannequin builds which always had planned low volume output.

I have a Priority build with June 21 scheduled and have NOT received any delay update from Ford. If my build continues as scheduled, this is GOOD NEWS, not just for me but for everyone. I also take as a positive sign that Ford communicated via email to folks that are delayed. This flies in the face of those that say Ford is not communicating, they are!

If I or anyone receives the delay email AFTER voting, please return and revise your vote accordingly. I am truly appreciative at having a VIN and feel the anxiety others have at not having one yet. I don't think the 2 week shutdown is a big deal and I encourage everyone to keep the faith. Ford needed to shut down Ranger production because of chips, therefore imo it would make little sense to keep that big factory open just to have small Bronco output in second half of May. It's a shrewd move by management that won't affect Bronco much at all. Bon weekend!
Sponsored

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This survey should help us get a grasp if the 2 week Michigan shutdown is worrying or not. My intuition tells me it is not a big deal. Some with VINs have received official email notification from Ford that their confirmed build dates are delayed 2-3 weeks. Others with VINs have NOT received notification. Ford is stopping two week of May mannequin builds which always had planned low volume output.

I have a Priority build with June 21 scheduled and have NOT received any delay update from Ford. If my build continues as scheduled, this is GOOD NEWS, not just for me but for everyone. I also take as a positive sign that Ford communicated via email to folks that are delayed. This flies in the face of those that say Ford is not communicating, they are!

If I or anyone receives the delay email AFTER voting, please return and revise your vote accordingly. I am truly appreciative at having a VIN and feel the anxiety others have at not having one yet. I don't think the 2 week shutdown is a big deal and I encourage everyone to keep the faith. Ford needed to shut down Ranger production because of chips, therefore imo it would make little sense to keep that big factory open just to have small Bronco output in second half of May. It's a shrewd move by management that won't affect Bronco much at all. Bon weekend!
I didnā€™t get an email so I contacted my salesman and he said build date is june 28, previously june 10, Iā€™m a priority 1, he said out of the 5 allocations, 3 is June 28 the others 2 pushed to July. he also said it could change again to sooner, or later. Itā€™s a guessing game at this point.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I cast my vote... now when do I get my VIN? šŸ˜

I like voting in all these polls.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
There were lots of order build dates moved(pretty much all of them) that didn't get an email from Ford. Just because you didn't get an email doesn't mean yours didn't get moved. I can promise that 100%.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
There were lots of order build dates moved(pretty much all of them) that didn't get an email from Ford. Just because you didn't get an email doesn't mean yours didn't get moved. I can promise that 100%.
This may or may not be true and I have no reason to not believe what you are saying. Statistically, this is a good poll as it uses actual. measurable data. It may do nothing more than show that Ford is arbitrary in communicating to affected customers, although I think there is more to it than that.

I tend to put more weight in official Ford communications than hearsay from dealers, many of whom are misinformed and have been wrong time and again.

JadeF100

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 , 75 F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I called my dealer an hour ago as i didnt get an email. Mine still shows as week of June 7 build, no change. But time will tell still.

He said that it will be there before his two mannequins as they got pushed.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called my dealer an hour ago as i didnt get an email. Mine still shows as week of June 7 build, no change. But time will tell still.

He said that it will be there before his two mannequins as they got pushed.
Priority?

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This may or may not be true and I have no reason to not believe what you are saying. Statistically, this is a good poll as it uses actual. measurable data. It may do nothing more than show that Ford is arbitrary in communicating to affected customers, although I think there is more to it than that.

I tend to put more weight in official Ford communications than hearsay from dealers, many of whom are misinformed and have been wrong time and again.
Verified 10 minutes ago with my dealer. 6/7 build week is still holding.

Last edited:

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco, 21 Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What classifies a priority build?? I received my VIN and email for a June 28th build date. I have not received anything about a delay.

Sponsored

JadeF100

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 , 75 F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Priority?
No, but first hour res. BD. Sas. SoftTop (I switched late). I was #8 at this dealer and only one in his top 10 to get a date. Got lucky i suppose, or the soft top helped.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, but first hour res. BD. Sas. SoftTop (I switched late). I was #8 at this dealer and only one in his top 10 to get a date. Got lucky i suppose, or the soft top helped.
Just trying to see is there's a certain combo or option that's causing the bump. Could be shuffling build order to account for commodities or chip issues I guess. Just wish they would give us a reason why. Better to have the info to pass along rather than stay silent and let everyone's imagination go wild.

Reactions: abe

WillisCā€™onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My build and Res date/time
Base
4 door
Auto
Squatched
MIC
Aux

7/13 @ 2204 MT

VIN assigned and Build date week of 6/28, no change yet but I also haven't contacted my dealer.

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
What classifies a priority build?? I received my VIN and email for a June 28th build date. I have not received anything about a delay.
Your dealer would tell you if you were a priority. Since you don't seem to know, you probably are not a priority. Dealers all got 1 or 2 Priority builds that they could allocate to any customer they want.

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your dealer would tell you if you were a priority. Since you don't seem to know, you probably are not a priority. Dealers all got 1 or 2 Priority builds that they could allocate to any customer they want.
Why the "Sad" emoji? You have a VIN, so you got selected based on your timestamp, commodities, etc. More people were selected without priority, like you, than with. in either case, a VIN is a VIN and you should be happy. If you have not received a DELAY email, be all the more happy! :)
Sponsored