Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Gearing hasn't changed from the preliminary info. No word on the Final Drive Ratio (unless I missed it?)

Ford Bronco 2021 Ford Bronco Full Tech Specs Bronco gearin
Sponsored

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are correct, although you don't need to be so damn snarky about it, wonder why the just released spec sheet shows it as standard on Badlands?
You're right, apologies. But yeah just wanted to clear it up. Seems like Ford can't get anything in bulk sent out that doesn't have mistakes. It's insane really. Like nobody cross-checks.

mattyzx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So re-doing the height calcs still nets Wildtrak 1.1" of suspension over Big Bend, and 0.6" over Badlands FWIW.

Maybe my calculations are different but taking into consideration the difference in tire size...

Big Bend Tire Size (255/75R17=32.1") Difference of 2.3" from Wildtrak/Sasquatch tires.
Badlands Tire Size (285/70R17=32.7") Difference of 1.7" from Wildtrak/Sasquatch tires.
Wildtrak Tire Size (315/70R17=34.4")

2Dr Big Bend Height = 72.9" (2.3" shorter than Wildtrak)
2Dr Badlands Height = 73.8" (1.4" shorter than Wildtrak)
2Dr Wildtrak Height = 75.2"

2Dr Big Bend Height with 315/70R17 Tires = 75.2"
2Dr Badlands Height with 315/70R17 Tires = 75.5"
2Dr Wildtrak Height with 315/70R17 Tires = 75.2"

So according to my calculations, if we just changed the tires to the same tires as Wildtrak, Big Bend would be same height, Badands would be 0.3" taller???. That suggests to me the Wildtrak/Sasquatch suspension doesn't add height???

Sure the suspension may travel further, but it appears it doesn't get you height...

Last edited:

Zeebo390

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT, 2016 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The dual port/direct injection on the 2.7 is a big plus. At a Bronco viewing last week I looked underhood and noticed that both of these engines use cooled EGR for emissions control. For the DI-only 2.3 that means the intake valves get hit with oil mist from the PCV AND cold exhaust from the EGR, with no means to rinse them off since there’s no fuel injection in the manifold. Anyone heard about how bad the intake valve buildup gets in rangers that have this 2.3 ecoboost with EGR?

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Maybe my calculations are different but taking into consideration the difference in tire size...

Big Bend (255/75R17=32.1") Difference of 2.3" from Wildtrak/Sasquatch tires.
Badlands (285/70R17=32.7") Difference of 1.7" from Wildtrak/Sasquatch tires.
Wildtrak (315/70R17=34.4")

Difference of 2.3"

So according to my calculations, if we just changed the tires to the same tires as Wildtrak, Big Bend would be same height, Badands would be 0.3" taller. That tells me the suspension doesn't add height. Sure the suspension may travel further, but it doesn't get you height.
There are dozens of threads on this with hundreds of calculations, no one knows for certain and Ford still refuses to tell us even with the release of the tech spec, Hint, it's not just tires, but let's not derail this thread by going into anymore than this hint.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/search/2678542/?q=Sasquatch+height+lift+difference&o=date

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The dual port/direct injection on the 2.7 is a big plus. At a Bronco viewing last week I looked underhood and noticed that both of these engines use cooled EGR for emissions control. For the DI-only 2.3 that means the intake valves get hit with oil mist from the PCV AND soot + condensed vapors from the exhaust, and there’s no means to rinse them off since there’s no fuel injection in the manifold. Anyone heard about how bad the intake valve buildup gets in 2.3 ecoboost mustangs or rangers that have this cooled EGR system?
Here is the answer, lots of insight, discussions and solutions.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/search/2678609/?q=2.3+carbon&o=date

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has it been determined whether the length dimension includes the width of the spare tire in back?

mattyzx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There are dozens of threads on this with hundreds of calculations, no one knows for certain and Ford still refuses to tell us even with the release of the tech spec, Hint, it's not just tires, but let's not derail this thread by going into anymore than this hint.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/search/2678542/?q=Sasquatch+height+lift+difference&o=date
The only thing I was pointing out is according to the height specs listed above, if you were to only change the tires to all the same size, Big Bend, Badlands and Sasquatch are the same height.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Big Bend Tire Size (255/75R17=32.1") Difference of 2.3" from Wildtrak/Sasquatch tires.
Badlands Tire Size (285/70R17=32.7") Difference of 1.7" from Wildtrak/Sasquatch tires.
Wildtrak Tire Size (315/70R17=34.4")

2Dr Big Bend Height with 315/70R17 Tires = 75.2"
2Dr Badlands Height with 315/70R17 Tires = 75.5"
2Dr Wildtrak Height with 315/70R17 Tires = 75.2"

So according to my calculations, if we just changed the tires to the same tires as Wildtrak, Big Bend would be same height, Badands would be 0.3" taller???. That suggests to me the Wildtrak/Sasquatch suspension doesn't add height???

Sure the suspension may travel further, but it appears it doesn't get you height...
It’s past my bedtime… but did you use the diameter differences of the tires when it should have been the radius?

Honestly, I’m not be snarky, I just can’t seem to track your math in this moment and it looks like you’re double counting the height differences in the tires.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco Full Tech Spec, seen in post #1. Its barely readable with the massive BN logo on it. If Ford made it available to you can you please post the original pdf file?
I can tomorrow morning. I should have everything saved on my pc. I swore I posted everything to my group but can't seem to find it now. I'm sure someone will beat me to it before then.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco Full Tech Spec, seen in post #1. Its barely readable with the massive BN logo on it. If Ford made it available to you can you please post the original pdf file?
Haha no sooner did I post that and it looks like someone posted it!

Double IPA

Wildtrak
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan, 2002 RS Warrrior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Someone forgot the page with the towing info for 4dr Wildtraks
Noticed that as well. Makes me nervous that they’ll come out and say you can’t get a 4DR Wildtrak with towing. Like they pulled with the winch and a front camera or ACC.
I think/hope that this is a typo on the last page. They've included Black Diamond 2.7L in there twice. They did this once before in a prior spec sheet post regarding towing capabilities.
Sponsored