Sponsored

Deleted member 18388

Nice to see more information on some of the systems (auto high beams, auto hold brakes, intelligent access, etc.). Still bummed it looks like adaptive c.c. probably doesn't have lane centering?
These options are not standard right? I don't want any of these lol
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nice info but BN can go screw themselves with their stupid a$$ logo....
F$$k me...
Now that we were able to get the original document posted, it just shows, yet again, how ridiculous and nonsensical the Ford and Bronco Nation marketing partnership is. While Bronco6g is up to six pages of discussion of the, clean, readable spec we now have, the Bronco Nation "enthusiast" forum has three posts, that is 3 posts, not 3 pages of their unreadable document. Remember, BN is run by Jackson Dawson, Ford's marketing agency for the Bronco.

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Roadside assistance is 3year/36 miles. Hmmm........

Sponsored

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was the 2.3L always rated at 300hp? I thought it was 270 stock and could be tuned up to 300?

edit: I see the other thread on this now...

Last edited:

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Badlands is 1" longer on 2dr and 4dr...?
I'm thinking wheel offset is different seeing how it also shows a wider stance, therefore the spare tire would stick out further though according to a chart i just looked at, the offset is showing the same with an 8" rim rather than 7.5......still doesn't calculate unless the sidewall pokes out an extra 1/2"

Last edited:

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Now that we were able to get the original document posted, it just shows, yet again, how ridiculous and nonsensical the Ford and Bronco Nation marketing partnership is. While Bronco6g is up to six pages of discussion of the, clean, readable spec we now have, the Bronco Nation "enthusiast" forum has three posts, that is 3 posts, not 3 pages of their unreadable document. Remember, BN is run by Jackson Dawson, Ford's marketing agency for the Bronco.
I saw that shit yesterday and had a good chuckle :D.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking wheel offset is different seeing how it also shows a wider stance, therefore the spare tire would stick out further though according to a chart i just looked at, the offset is showing the same with an 8" rim rather than 7.5......still doesn't calculate unless the sidewall pokes out an extra 1/2"
Wheel and tire specs including offsets:

Ford Bronco 2021 Ford Bronco Full Tech Specs 1620478992296

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Badlands is 1" longer on 2dr and 4dr...?
Found that odd as well. Maybe itā€™s the steel rear bumper? If it was the spare tire, the Wildtrak and FE would need to be longer as well.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Maybe my calculations are different but taking into consideration the difference in tire size...

Big Bend Tire Size (255/75R17=32.1") Difference of 2.3" from Wildtrak/Sasquatch tires.
Badlands Tire Size (285/70R17=32.7") Difference of 1.7" from Wildtrak/Sasquatch tires.
Wildtrak Tire Size (315/70R17=34.4")

2Dr Big Bend Height = 72.9" (2.3" shorter than Wildtrak)
2Dr Badlands Height = 73.8" (1.4" shorter than Wildtrak)
2Dr Wildtrak Height = 75.2"

2Dr Big Bend Height with 315/70R17 Tires = 75.2"
2Dr Badlands Height with 315/70R17 Tires = 75.5"
2Dr Wildtrak Height with 315/70R17 Tires = 75.2"

So according to my calculations, if we just changed the tires to the same tires as Wildtrak, Big Bend would be same height, Badands would be 0.3" taller???. That suggests to me the Wildtrak/Sasquatch suspension doesn't add height???

Sure the suspension may travel further, but it appears it doesn't get you height...
So I pulled diameters from Tirerack specs.
Big Bend Duelers: 32"
Badlands KO2s: 32.8"
Wildtrak Territories: no diameter listed so Duratrac as a proxy 34.4"

Those are diameters, which need to be converted to radius for difference in height between the hub and the ground.

Big Bend = 0"
Badlands = +0.4"
Wildtrak = +1.2"

Keep in mind here this is an estimate, since all tires flatten at the bottom of that lower radius, and while we can approximate they will flatter equally, the difference in recommended pressure and tire volume may have them flattening slightly differently. The only way to really know is to have three Broncos at OEM tire pressure on flat ground side by side and measure.

Anyway based on our approximation, if I subtract the tire radius differences from the heights:

Big Bend = 72.9"
Badlands = 73.8" - 0.4" = 73.4" or 0.5" higher than Big Bend
Wildtrak = 75.2" - 1.2" = 74" or 1.1" higher than Big Bend and 0.6" higher than Badlands.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It still kind of blows my mind that this new ā€œsmallerā€ midsize Bronco is in some cases heavier then the 5G full size Bronco.
A 2d Badlands is 4877lbs and thatā€™s not even Squatched! It doesnā€™t even have that heavy ass tailgate window motor or those lead back seats šŸ˜‚

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I pulled diameters from Tirerack specs.
Big Bend Duelers: 32"
Badlands KO2s: 32.8"
Wildtrak Territories: no diameter listed so Duratrac as a proxy 34.4"

Those are diameters, which need to be converted to radius for difference in height between the hub and the ground.

Big Bend = 0"
Badlands = +0.4"
Wildtrak = +1.2"

Keep in mind here this is an estimate, since all tires flatten at the bottom of that lower radius, and while we can approximate they will flatter equally, the difference in recommended pressure and tire volume may have them flattening slightly differently. The only way to really know is to have three Broncos at OEM tire pressure on flat ground side by side and measure.

Anyway based on our approximation, if I subtract the tire radius differences from the heights:

Big Bend = 72.9"
Badlands = 73.8" - 0.4" = 73.4" or 0.5" higher than Big Bend
Wildtrak = 75.2" - 1.2" = 74" or 1.1" higher than Big Bend and 0.6" higher than Badlands.
This makes sense as it was stated previously that the Squatch does have an extra half inch on the badlands (ignoring tire diameter) when everyone was trying to figure out if the suspension on the badlands is identical to the Squatch package or not.

Burnsy949

Badlands
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Rubicon, 2018 Volkswagen Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did anyone else notice that the 2 door has 4 gallons less fuel capacity than the 4 door? (About 19% less). Thatā€˜s significant. I had a 1973 Bronco so I know that ā€œreal Broncos have 2 doorsā€ and all, but thatā€™s important to know. I do a lot of overlanding so Iā€™m going 4 door anyway, but itā€™s something to keep in mind. Range on trail will be affected.
Sponsored

Last edited: