Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No one has come out & said it, but my best guess is Webasto's MI plant is producing ZERO tops. Perhaps the few Broncos that are dribbling out of MAP with MIC tops are sporting a top from one of Webasto's international plants.

Webasto's Plymouth MI plant does not seem to be a huge operation, yet they currently have 67 production jobs posted as 'open'. What a cluster!!

Ford's thursday blast to dealers was that July builds would be at least 80% soft top.

I think we're way past the point of frustration & uncertainty...seems to me this launch is at serious risk of failure.
Actually they are producing the clam shells / tops, but only 20-40 per day. Good luck with keeping up with actual Bronco production at this point. Yes it’s a clusterfxxk at Webasto, has been since day one of last year! Ford has sent technical support but the main problem is the non Ford employees or lack of them. Even with a authorized bonus pay of I believe $17 an hour people don’t want to work there. Employee turnover is a huge issue. Also the fact that non skilled non Ford employees that most Suppliers use would rather sit at home collecting that government check is the real problem plaguing most businesses including Ford!
Sponsored

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would hope that since the 2 door only has the hard top from the factory that they would prioritize that over the 4 door hard Tops but who knows ??
You better change that from hope to pray lol. Cause Webasto is mainly producing 4 door clam shells as of this week.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You better change that from hope to pray lol. Cause Webasto is mainly producing 4 door clam shells as of this week.
Thanks for your insights. Has Webasto been shipping in limited quantities of the MIC from outside the US?

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here’s my two cents on how Ford can speed up production. Ford needs to mitigate the Webasto fiasco that will continue to limit Bronco production long into Summer. FORD should just bite the bullet and install the hard top washer and rear defrost wiring and accompanying hardware ON ALL MY2021 BRONCOS and then promise to sell the hard top for dealer install at factory prices with no shipping charges when they later com Available. And also allow especially 2-door people like myself to purchase a dealer installed Bestop convertible top. Those who want to not wait for Webasto to ramp up to full production can jump ship thus freeing up spots for those who do/must get a hard top 😉. My fear is if they did that then we would be hearing from Bestop saying they can’t keep up 🤦🏻‍♂️

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the real question that needs to be asked is those who are getting emails about a rescheduled build date, soft top or MIC build? I have a 6/28 date and have not received a reschedule email.

I have a 2dr BD and did not get an email. I wonder if both 4 and 2 door are getting emails or if it is just 4 doors.

Sponsored

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for your insights. Has Webasto been shipping in limited quantities of the MIC from outside the US?
I have zero info on that. Only the many problems with ramping up full production at the Plymouth plant 🤪. The way I currently see it, and it’s just fuzzy math, for every 10 Broncos FORD can build Webasto can only produce one top! I believe at this point 70% of Webasto‘s problem is lack of quality employees. Not sure what the solution will be but I know FORD is working on it. Maybe they need to up the bonus pay further at Webasto so that employees make union wages. Something has to be done to get people off their butts because currently the worker turnover at the plant and lack of quality employees is Webasto’s greatest problem!

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to my dealer, you can. He suggested not getting it installed because the aftermarket was much cheaper
my concern is this...

i have a 2017 jeep grand cherokee. i added the hitch myself. wire to the bumper was pre-run. so i bought the chrysler hotch and connector and installed. the. paid $150 at dealer to "activate the wiring"

my brother in law tried to do the same with his 2018 jeep grand cherokee (exact same model and package). Jeep did NOT pre run the wiring to rear.. so he is now stuck.

Will ford not pre run the wires? i also head a slightly different bumper as it needs a little notch

moejoe34

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I received my email April 15th with my VIN and a June 7th week of build.
No emails from Ford stating there is a delay but on May 6th I noticed it went from “scheduled for production” to “order in processing”.

Stopped into my dealer today and we pulled the order. Now it shows a week of June 28th build.
2 door Badlands. MIC, Lux, Tow, 2.7

Dsprouse

First Edition
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 2 door FE with tow package and received my build date for 6/21. I have checked on my status and my build date is not listed, I did not receive an email about a delay and when I contacted my dealer they said no email no delay. I am doubtful that is true. Are there any other FE out there getting bumped?

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No emails from Ford stating there is a delay but on May 6th I noticed it went from “scheduled for production” to “order in processing”.

Stopped into my dealer today and we pulled the order. Now it shows a week of June 28th build.
I have a different build (BD 2.7 Squatch 4DR Soft, but your dates are the same as mine. No delay email, but confirmed with dealer.

Sponsored

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Hey, I just looked at mine and it also shows "order in processing." I never noticed what it said before. I never received an email from Ford or Granger. Oh well, I guess I'll have wait a little longer! My original build date is/was 06/21!

basundy

Outer Banks
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey, I just looked at mine and it also shows "order in processing." I never noticed what it said before. I never received an email from Ford or Granger. Oh well, I guess I'll have wait a little longer! My original build date is/was 06/21!
Same here. I’ve emailed my dealer but, crickets so far.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Waiting for my 2021 Bronco...
Ford Bronco THE my Bronco production build date has been DELAYED / MOVED BACK thread 1620558747753

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would say go with what your dealer is telling you since it’s a new date for your Order, but stay alert for an email from ford. They’re probably running behind on emails as well.
@802Bronco

This quote is directly from Ford.

"Customers with a modified build week started receiving emails from Ford on May 6. All affected customers will be notified by end of day today, May 7. Vehicle Visibility has also been updated to reflect any scheduling changes."

This statement is clear. If you didn't receive a modification email on May 6 or 7, then your original build date should stand. I did a poll post regarding this issue and a third or less of people with VINS received the re-schedule email.

Some affected vehicles are Ford courtesy vehicles and dealer mannequins.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@802Bronco

This quote is directly from Ford.

"Customers with a modified build week started receiving emails from Ford on May 6. All affected customers will be notified by end of day today, May 7. Vehicle Visibility has also been updated to reflect any scheduling changes."

This statement is clear. If you didn't receive a modification email on May 6 or 7, then your original build date should stand. I did a poll post regarding this issue and a third or less of people with VINS received the re-schedule email.

Some affected vehicles are Ford courtesy vehicles and dealer mannequins.
You still actually believe what ford says

Ford Bronco THE my Bronco production build date has been DELAYED / MOVED BACK thread 1620562040345
Sponsored