NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I can hear my reservation moving up the build pull chart as i type this.
Nah, no cancellations will actually be cancelled. Dealers will refund the deposit to customers and keep for themselves.
Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nah, no cancellations will actually be cancelled. Dealers will refund the deposit to customers and keep for themselves.
You are correct, unfortunately.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m pretty happy with 17 city on a 330hp vehicle running 35s. I canā€™t think of a scenario where you could have tires that big and get mileage that good. Not bad.
Ditto. Really happy to see 17 MPG city sasquatch. That's an accomplishment given the stats.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will admit I am a complete newb when it comes to off road vehicles so just take this as some outside perspective from the mustang world. Don't you typically want lots of low end torque in a off road vehicle? In the F150 the 5.0 doesnt make peak torque till 4250RPM and doesn't make peak power till 6,000RPM. The 5.0 is an engine that loves to be wound up in the higher part of the power band, that doesn't seem like a good set up for offroading from what I have learned so far.

I agree the 5.0 isnā€™t the best for low end torque, but it still has a mass quantity, and the linear power band of a naturally aspirated engine is going to be nicer than more torque in those low speed maneuvers, particularly when you already have low range engaged and have 4.46 or 4.70 gear sets on TOP of low range. I canā€™t imagine you would want more.

I hope Ford downsizes and builds an aluminum variant of the Godzilla - thatā€™s where low end torque and fuel economy would come together in perfect harmony.

EEliason

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not going to lie the 4xe is looking pretty attractive right now. As much as I want the Bronco it is making me reconsider.
I did it. Tired of waiting. Tired of a dealership that doesn't communicate. And love the idea that I'm on electric all but 30 days a year because of a short commute, but power when I want it.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2.7 SAS gets same hwy mileage as 392 wrangler and 392 wrangler has bigger tank šŸ˜¹

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Tory Brecht

Wildtrak
First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Weeeeeeellllllllllllll, itā€™s a little better than my M4 I guess. :oops:

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean... the numbers aren't surprising. I was thinking about 16-18 and hoping for low 20's.

Like someone mentioned the gearing is what is the reason for the bad hwy MPG. You'll be in boost that whole time. Plus for the Badlands, its like 5k lbs, so....

Ironically you can put a bigger turbo on and not have boost until later in the RPM range, but then you're spending more money and adding complexity...for what?
You shouldn't be in boost if you're cruising.

Teewsda

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did it. Tired of waiting. Tired of a dealership that doesn't communicate. And love the idea that I'm on electric all but 30 days a year because of a short commute, but power when I want it.

šŸ¤£

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

its 2021 for a company like ford to design a car and have the milage come out to this is so bad somebody should lose their job.

just put a v8 in the car if you are going to ship and "Ecoboost" vehicle that gets 16mpg
And these are just official EPA numbers. In real life, it will probably be closer to 12 MPG! šŸ¤Æ ;)

Toaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLUR, ā€˜19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you must have a heavy foot. I average between 20 and 21 with 65% hwy miles @ 70 mph. This weekend I got 18 driving through the Ozarks at 80-85mph
I baby the throttle driving it and even with it on cruise control at 70 it only gets 15mpg. Iā€™ve never heard of any other rubicon owners getting that good MPG so you mustā€™ve gotten a special one

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not bad at all, but at the same time these figures should be more than reachable with the new 5.0L which is a bitter pill to swallow.
Lololol.

Ford Bronco Official MPG figures: 2021 Bronco 2.3L and 2.7L fuel economy 1620755220728

Somehow you're going to burden that engine with big ol' tires, high numerical gears, and a brick of an aero profile and do better than 20 on the highway? The Coyote in the Bronco would end up at like 13 city. :ROFLMAO:

I predicted a little under a year ago that the fuel economy of small turbo engines would not be great in something geared so high, these engines will always be in boost during normal use which destroys the eco aspect.
These numbers are right in line with what everyone was predicting - no one thought the Bronco would do 25, just about everyone I saw said they'd be pumped to see 20. These are exactly inline with most everyone's expectations:

I'd believe those numbers for the Bronco Sport. No way Bronco gets 26. I doubt the 2.7 will get any higher than 20.

I will admit I am a complete newb when it comes to off road vehicles so just take this as some outside perspective from the mustang world. Don't you typically want lots of low end torque in a off road vehicle? In the F150 the 5.0 doesnt make peak torque till 4250RPM and doesn't make peak power till 6,000RPM. The 5.0 is an engine that loves to be wound up in the higher part of the power band, that doesn't seem like a good set up for offroading from what I have learned so far.
Don't feed the troll. He's apparently never driven a Coyote, so he doesn't understand how NON-linear its powerband is. There's basically nothing from idle up to about 3000 when the cams finally kick in and there's a HUGE surge in power. It's the peakiest engine I've ever owned. The 2.7 EcoBoost in my Lincoln has a perfectly smooth powerband - the turbos spool as the torque converter flashes, so it ends up being very linear, responsive, and predictable. If I try and accelerate my Coyote through an intersection with a little gusto, I get nothing at first, then halfway through the intersection when the engine finally gets into the powerband, it just lights up the rear tires with no change in throttle position.

And let's not even mention that the 2.7 F-150 very handily out-accelerates the 5.0.

He continues to hang his hat on this theoretical concept of a linear powerband from idle to 2000 rpm, which he's never been able to quantitatively demonstrate, because it doesn't exist.

But reality has never stopped some people from believing whatever they want to believe.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lololol.

1620755220728.png

Somehow you're going to burden that engine with big ol' tires, high numerical gears, and a brick of an aero profile and do better than 20 on the highway? The Coyote in the Bronco would end up at like 13 city. :ROFLMAO:

These numbers are right in line with what everyone was predicting - no one thought the Bronco would do 25, just about everyone I saw said they'd be pumped to see 20. These are exactly inline with most everyone's expectations:

Don't feed the troll. He's apparently never driven a Coyote, so he doesn't understand how NON-linear its powerband is. There's basically nothing from idle up to about 3000 when the cams finally kick in and there's a HUGE surge in power. It's the peakiest engine I've ever owned. The 2.7 EcoBoost in my Lincoln has a perfectly smooth powerband - the turbos spool as the torque converter flashes, so it ends up being very linear, responsive, and predictable. If I try and accelerate my Coyote through an intersection with a little gusto, I get nothing at first, then halfway through the intersection when the engine finally gets into the powerband, it just lights up the rear tires with no change in throttle position.

And let's not even mention that the 2.7 F-150 very handily out-accelerates the 5.0.

He continues to hang his hat on this theoretical concept of a linear powerband from idle to 2000 rpm, which he's never been able to quantitatively demonstrate, because it doesn't exist.

But reality has never stopped some people from believing whatever they want to believe.
Thank you for making my point.

2018 so not the newest.

Ford Bronco Official MPG figures: 2021 Bronco 2.3L and 2.7L fuel economy AB254717-7E40-4E8F-8207-890F7477B03B
Sponsored