peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I like the look of the MIC over painted. I prefer the painted because you can remove the side windows. I'm hoping the aftermarket will produce some cool sliders for the painted top. Thankfully I still have time to change my mind if I want.
Those are my thoughts as well. Also, ideally the white top will be flat (or satin) white, but not sure that will be the case.
Sponsored

imatexan3

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra All-Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To me, this will only look good on a black Bronco. MIC looks better than a painted top when the painted top isn't the same color as the body.

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it bad I think I like the MIC better for sure now? I didn't like the painted top from a durability (scratches) perspective, but thought it would look better on most trims. I am surprised I am just not feeling it here.
Totally agree. It clashes so much with all the matte black things and the B pillar.

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it bad I think I like the MIC better for sure now? I didn't like the painted top from a durability (scratches) perspective, but thought it would look better on most trims. I am surprised I am just not feeling it here.
I agree, I think the painted tops only look good if color matched with the body.

Sponsored

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I prefer the MIC. I find it weird not having the top and fenders match. But I'm also apparently weird since I like the BB wheels.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The best part of this top is: it will be a good base to get painted. I don't want black but I do want white, so this is the top I'll get and take to the paint shop (unless the elusive pick-your-own-color top becomes reality). Of course right now, even the Bronco itself is elusive. 🤦‍♂️
I think they are making a MOD top in white, or did I miss something along the way?

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, I am sure there will be scratches all over my Bronco, but they will come from trees or other off-road obstacles.

Because I plan to remove the hard top regularly, or at least the two front panels, it will be prone to scratching just from me pulling it apart. The MIC can obviously be scratched as well, but it being textured plastic makes it less noticeable unless they are deep.

My textured black Jeep top is actually painted to get its color and not molded in, so it has little white chips and scratches all over. I don’t know that the painted top will do this as as well, but I am avoiding the risk all together. It’s just a bonus I happen to like the way it looks more too.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Also - first BB without mud flaps!
Now just get rid of the ugly grandpa step rail...
These two points, X 1,000. Those were also my first two thoughts. And you know what? Even without the mudflaps, these wheels & tires still look puny. I don’t need Squatch, because at most I’ll be doing modest-speed or slow beach running. But something like the optional Badlands wheels/tires would look SO MUCH BETTER.

Sponsored

BroncoGoBrrr

Outer Banks
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Audi A4 Quattro Sline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was dead set on this roof until now. Just called and confirmed the MIC top change.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
These two points, X 1,000. Those were also my first two thoughts. And you know what? Even without the mudflaps, these wheels & tires still look puny. I don’t need Squatch, because at most I’ll be doing modest-speed or slow beach running. But something like the optional Badlands wheels/tires would look SO MUCH BETTER.
I'm going to wait and see when I get my BB. Might just upgrade the tires, or wheels/tires too. Hoping the 285/70 R17s fit ok on the BB wheels, that will be enough for me. Not willing to take the weight/MPG hit on anything larger.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm surprisingly on board with you on this. Mod Top had been a feature I was after until it was obvious it would push back production. Now i'm glad that the X-plan savings can go into other things than mod top.... Wonder how many cup holders I can attach to a Bronco for $1,800 with current steel prices driving up the cost of sheet metal screws?