Sponsored

2023 Ranger Raptor 3.0L EB V6 Confirmed - Hello Warthog!

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you would look, i.e. Google it, there are people trashing their names on social media. Also, while I appreciate you assuming the magnitude of my ignorance extends to tuning I don't appreciate the sexual harassment via kissing emoji.
I ❤ an easily triggered forum member, thanks for making my day.
Sponsored

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We already know the Warthog will be “ wider”, so it only makes sense the extra width is to accommodate a larger motor. The 3.0 won’t be available in the current Bronco platform due to chassis size.
2.7 and 3.0 are dimensionally the same

Sponsored

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The warthog is built on the same platform with the same engine bay(and occupancy area), only difference is the body sheet metal changes.
We are guessing, at best, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Warthog will have more differences than just body sheet metal changes...

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
We are guessing, at best, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Warthog will have more differences than just body sheet metal changes...
I’m sure but my point is that the passenger compartment and engine bay is structurally going to be the same, it would cost an insane amount of money for the warthog to completely deviate from the regular Bronco.
Think Raptor vs F150, the Raptor interior and engine compartment share the same dimensions.

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sure but my point is that the passenger compartment and engine bay is structurally going to be the same, it would cost an insane amount of money for the warthog to completely deviate from the regular Bronco.
Think Raptor vs F150, the Raptor interior and engine compartment share the same dimensions.
I understood your point and spot-on about that(have an '18 Raptor, myself)... my only issue with your initial comment was the body sheet metal-part.

Sponsored

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
TFL and others have tested the 5 Star tuned vehicles, might wanna do a little looking before you assume that they are just going to shit the bed within 6 months. Again ... I think 5 Star and Livernois have a name to withhold and if that was the case they would be slandered all over forums and social media over their tuning ignorance 😘
I'm not sure, but how many vehicles does TFL have in their stable that are 5Star-tuned? Do they have or had any that they held onto for an extended period of time?

I do not have an issue with modifying your own vehicles, but we have to be cautious with making statements without concrete evidence... it's why we all must take most data and other people's experiences with a grain of salt. I've modified and tuned several vehicles in the past with varying levels of success(and failures). Today you wouldn't find me making such changes to these modern vehicles... personally, the little gains just don't outweigh the gripes!

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure, but how many vehicles does TFL have in their stable that are 5Star-tuned? Do they have or had any that they held onto for an extended period of time?

I do not have an issue with modifying your own vehicles, but we have to be cautious with making statements without concrete evidence... it's why we all must take most data and other people's experiences with a grain of salt. I've modified and tuned several vehicles in the past with varying levels of success(and failures). Today you wouldn't find me making such changes to these modern vehicles... personally, the little gains just don't outweigh the gripes!
100hp and 150tq are little gains?

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would be pleased with those gains from just a tune, but also leery of any tuner advertising that from a tune alone. With that being said, I cant wait to see numbers from tunes with and without bolt-ons!

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... getting those type of gains(if actual)at an expense to what? Engine internals? Transmission? Fuel economy/efficiency? Most modern normally aspirated vehicles will not see gains like that, at all... not much left on the table by the manufacturer's engineers. Forced-induced vehicles may, but at what cost? Yes some tuners maybe better than others, but there are no guarantees on reliability and durability from that point on... if you don't care about your warranty, then fine. You may hear the stories about incredible gains... you don't always hear an after-action report or later update on said modified vehicle... bricked ECU's... ruined engine blocks... premature wear to cats... trannies shot.

Tuning for specific octane grade is cool and all, but I prefer keeping the manufacturer's adaptive program and warranty. Some manufacturer's warranties may reduce even under a manufacturer-backed tune. It's a personal thing... I'm so over tuning. Just my experience.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would be pleased with those gains from just a tune, but also leery of any tuner advertising that from a tune alone. With that being said, I cant wait to see numbers from tunes with and without bolt-ons!
... getting those type of gains(if actual)at an expense to what? Engine internals? Transmission? Fuel economy/efficiency? Most modern normally aspirated vehicles will not see gains like that, at all... not much left on the table by the manufacturer's engineers. Forced-induced vehicles may, but at what cost? Yes some tuners maybe better than others, but there are no guarantees on reliability and durability from that point on... if you don't care about your warranty, then fine. You may hear the stories about incredible gains... you don't always hear an after-action report or later update on said modified vehicle... bricked ECU's... ruined engine blocks... premature wear to cats... trannies shot.

Tuning for specific octane grade is cool and all, but I prefer keeping the manufacturer's adaptive program and warranty. Some manufacturer's warranties may reduce even under a manufacturer-backed tune. It's a personal thing... I'm so over tuning. Just my experience.
Obviously you will get more gains on e30-e85 but these gains on a stock turbo vehicle are fairly common with a tune.

Ford Bronco 2023 Ranger Raptor 3.0L EB V6 Confirmed - Hello Warthog! 1620765908241

Ford Bronco 2023 Ranger Raptor 3.0L EB V6 Confirmed - Hello Warthog! 1620765915113

Ford Bronco 2023 Ranger Raptor 3.0L EB V6 Confirmed - Hello Warthog! 1620765924565
Sponsored