First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72K5Blazer, 1980Toyota Hilux, 2014 silverado1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey all, If you've seen any of the 4WP Race Red Bronco vids you've probably heard me blabber on about 4WP Engineering and all the new products that 4WP factory are getting ready to release. I thought I would do a formal introduction and so you all could understand my roll at 4WP Engineering. So here it goes. Ryan Kennelly AKA Dirtstar2002 on instagram ( i'm not the power lifter that held the world record for the dead lift ) I'm the engineering drivetrain manager at the secret location in San Diego. That's just one of the rolls I play at 4WP. So lets get to the fun stuff. I started at Pro Comp Suspension in 2006 as a suspension designer. (Pro Comp was one of the original house brands of Transamerican Auto Parts). Soon after I started, we acquired Smittybilt, Rubicon Express and Trail Master. This meant I was no longer designing just suspension. I was now wearing many hats Designing bumpers, sliders, roof racks, tube doors and fender armor. Fast forward to the present, My day to day job is working with G2 axle and gear, wheel, tires, innovation council, and outsourcing parts to get a better price so we can stay competitive in the market. Lets not forget off road testing products and the occasional marketing video. In my spare time you will find me in the dirt nearly every weekend. looking for ghost towns, mine shafts or early man sites like petroglyphs. in the evenings after work I restore vintage 4x4's. I like to build usable rigs ready for any adventure. So there you have it. a glimpse into my life and history at 4WP.

I'm sure you want to dig in with all kinds of Bronco related questions and I'll do my best to answer the ones I can, and point you in the right direction when I can't.

Ford Bronco Ryan Kennelly 4WP Introduction Ryan UA Jeep.JPG
Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ryan!! My friend. Welcome to the forum. So glad you can join us! I know everyone will appreciate your knowledge and wisdom. Plus you can answer all those technical questions the members want to know!!

Can’t wait for you to share all the exciting bronco things with us!!

@Administrator

Sponsored
OP
OP
dirtstar2002

dirtstar2002

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ordered plenty of 4wp parts for my rig, including a set of RE leaf springs đź‘Ť. Looking forward to seeing what you guys put up for the new Bronco! View attachment 121224
Love your scrambler. We got some awesome stuff coming for the Bronco. it is a blast to speed down the trails.

Cali Gaucho

Base
First Name
Cali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Welcome, glad to have you..

Sponsored
OP
OP
dirtstar2002

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi Ryan,

Is there a hidden winch solution that does not block the camera coming out anytime soon?

Fraternally yours,

Mansquatch lover
Right this second I don't see one. the area I'd put the winch is filled with shutter doors, coolant lines and intercoolers. lets see what surprises ford gives us down the road. I'm a big fan of the hidden winch.

Gaul Piamatti

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey Ryan!

Glad to see you’re a fellow San Diego guy. What are some of the areas you’ve found these abandoned mine shafts/ghost towns in? I’d be really interested to explore these myself

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Welcome! I think the burning question for a lot of us is, how is that M190 holding up to the 37s?

For me personally I would like to be able to run 285/75r17 on the M190 without worry.

OP
OP
dirtstar2002

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey Ryan!

Glad to see you’re a fellow San Diego guy. What are some of the areas you’ve found these abandoned mine shafts/ghost towns in? I’d be really interested to explore these myself
Follow my instagram dirtstar2002. sometime we run trail rides. Ill show you some cool hidden Gems not far from home.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks so much! Sometimes you need someone to put out the dumpster fires.
That other thread from your counterpart was going off the rails.
Sponsored