Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had 35’s with 2” lift on my jeep average gas mileage was 17.
My daughter's JK with 35", 2.5" lift, 4.56 gears and 6sp manual gets 15mph if she keeps it at 65mph, anything over and it drops quick.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My daughter's JK with 35", 2.5" lift, 4.56 gears and 6sp manual gets 15mph if she keeps it at 65mph, anything over and it drops quick.
She should get her speedo recalibrated. 15mph at 65mph is just too far out.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
any idea how much Eco mode will affect MPG?
If like other eco modes I have seen, The only thing that will be increasing any noticeable amount is not the MPG, but the exponential increase in swear words flying out of your mouth when you command more throttle. Having said that, there is no cylinder deactivation, lean burn programming strategies will send NOx readings sky high, so the EPA will not allow that, all it is going to do is keep you in a higher gear, lessen throttle response, maybe cycle the A/C compressor less. Essentially no difference at steady state driving. Any difference may not be calculated within the accuracy of the odometer.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So since the Bronco gets 17 mpg “ combined”,per this info, does this mean a “ gas guzzler” $1000 tax will be applied to the MSRP, or do trucks/suv vehicles elude this tax? The 2021 Mach1 Mustang gets 17 combined and the gas guzzler tax is applied.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So since the Bronco gets 17 mpg “ combined”,per this info, does this mean a “ gas guzzler” $1000 tax will be applied to the MSRP, or do trucks/suv vehicles elude this tax? The 2021 Mach1 Mustang gets 17 combined and the gas guzzler tax is applied.
Trucks are exempt from the guzzler tax, so we'll escape this.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gas guzzler tax only applies to passenger vehicles. Trucks/SUVs are not subject to the tax. Makes zero sense anymore since everyone is buying SUVs/Trucks instead of sedans, but whatever.

In fact, many states like VA where I live are now doing perverse "highway usage taxes" where if you're vehicle gets too good of a MPG then you pay an extra tax to make up for the lost gas taxes. So if your vehicle gets 25 MPG or greater here in Virginia they add a tax on to the sale price.

whitmack1

Outer Banks
First Name
Whit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Sahara JKU / '18 4Runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Via Bronco Nation

1620750232409.png

The competition

1620750480248.png

More reference points / technical specs chart for comparing the trims / models:

2021 Bronco official MPG fuel economy.png
as a Jeep owner, those Jeep numbers are incorrect or I am doing something wrong.

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
17/17/17 MPG for all the Sas models?
IF it actually hits those numbers, it's literally a 100% increase for me.
Sold!

Sponsored

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Owning a vehicle with that 10-speed in it (2019 Ranger Lariat FX4), I can easily see why it gets an extra emm pee gee compared to the manual.

Shift order is 1-3-4-7-9-10. And you'll be in 10th gear before you get to 40 MPH. From there it's alllll smooth sailing in 10th. No sane human being would drive in the gear that the 10-speed will be putting you in. I'm guessing the MPG rating will drop by at least 2 just by putting it in sport mode and going through the gears sequentially with enough revs that it doesn't feel like crap.

If you're on the highway and try to pass somebody it will do the cringe worthy 10-6 money shift. At any time it needs to engage 2nd gear you've got a 50/50 shot of that reassuring feeling and sound of a piston leaving the block, except it's the transmission slamming into a gear it never likes.

The 10-speed is an acquired taste much in the same way that being punched in the face is an acquired taste. If you're into that numb feeling of accomplishment, then you're going to love the "sport" of driving this transmission.
The 10 speed in my '17 F150 and my '20 F350 don't shift like you describe. In the F150 the jump from 1st to 2nd is large so it lurches ahead. Sure if you floor it it downshifts from 10th to 6th- what do you expect?

Since my 10 speeds give me more than 1mpg better than the previous gen trannys I will keep them!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The 10 speed in my '17 F150 and my '20 F350 don't shift like you describe. In the F150 the jump from 1st to 2nd is large so it lurches ahead. Sure if you floor it it downshifts from 10th to 6th- what do you expect?

Since my 10 speeds give me more than 1mpg better than the previous gen trannys I will keep them!
Probably because we're describing different transmission tuning and platforms?

On Ranger it avoids 2nd gear like the plague as that's the lucky gear that has the tendency to buck pretty hard and sound like you just broke something.

There is some irony in this generation of manual transmissions returning the same fuel economy as the previous generation automatics were. Progress is a fickle beast.

lvgambler

Base
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf TDI, F250 Crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are too many holes in those numbers to take them seriously, as so many of you have pointed out.
"Official"ly BS!
I'll wait for the officially, official announcement! (...from Ford?)

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs