redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Even a stock Jeep ain't gonna have that front wheel on the ground in that spot.
I was not singling out a stock jeep or a stock bronco, no mention of stock that I see. I was making the point that an IFS will "hang" a tire more often than a SFA. In others words you can lift a SFA to the sky and it will maintain contact with the ground for far longer than an IFS, maybe the pic below will help with my point.

Ford Bronco 4WP Bronco Upfits Packages & Parts ifs-vs-sas

One will need a locker more often with IFS because of this fact. Or you will have to have more momentum to conquer certain obstacles. Not crawl over them.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was not singling out a stock jeep or a stock bronco, no mention of stock that I see. I was making the point that an IFS will "hang" a tire more often than a SFA. In others words you can lift a SFA to the sky and it will maintain contact with the ground for far longer than an IFS, maybe the pic below will help with my point.

One will need a locker more often with IFS because of this fact. Or you will have to have more momentum to conquer certain obstacles. Not crawl over them.
The one on the right is heavily modified. Heavily. I bet the two pictures are meant as a direct comparison but I feel like it’s favoring the SFA for the purpose of illustrating the superiority of the SFA. You could build an IFS with crazy range but no one does because it’s way harder.

dirtstar2002

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72K5Blazer, 1980Toyota Hilux, 2014 silverado1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the response Ryan, this helps a lot.

Now that I have a better understanding here maybe you, being in engineering, can answer one question that I have.

The shocks/struts/coilover/ whatever term you use, are they rebuildable ?? or are they a "throw away" when shot and buy new ??

rebuildable

vs non rebuildable

one other thing also, do yours have any adjustment in ride height, some "throw aways" have the ability to set the lower spring perch at three setting. stock height, 1 1/2" lift, and 2" ??

For the record I use the term coilover. Mainly because it is just that. Now a strut has the "coil over the shock" but it is a different animal than a true coilover that is not an attachment point for the suspension.
The 4WP coilover shock package is a 2.5 piston rebuildable shock adjustable from 1''-3.5'' at 3'' you will want upper control arms for alignment correction. (we have those too)

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The 4WP coilover shock package is a 2.5 piston rebuildable shock adjustable from 1''-3.5'' at 3'' you will want upper control arms for alignment correction. (we have those too)

Cool. Good to know those points. Thanks for the info. Yes VERY familiar with needing upper arms for the "more than a spacer" lift range. I work at a place that "pimps" off road vehicles. It is VERY hard to explain that to customers who think you are trying to "pad" the bill. Just lifted a Gladiator and had the customer want the new pass through Fox stab at the last minute and got from Transamerican. 😁

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Question - Sorry if it was asked/answered. Does your kit come with a solution for the lower control arm for the lower shock bolt sticking out the bottom?

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the Sasquatch package is a killer deal and this makes no sense. $6500 for just 35” tires WOW!

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Question - Sorry if it was asked/answered. Does your kit come with a solution for the lower control arm for the lower shock bolt sticking out the bottom?
in the front we use the oem lower control arm. It’s a very nice part. We do change the lower hardware on the shock.

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still think one of the parts i'm most interested in is the Roof Rack for the soft top 4dr ... Especially since the factory roof rack (you cant even get on a sasquatch hard top build) is only a half rack... :)

What would be awesome about the rack would be able to keep the light bar (front section) of the roof rack attached, and remove the top and back support.

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

In another item @dirtstar2002 or may not be able to give us insight on. At the 4WP show in Dallas on Saturday the rep said the dash accessory rail is so popular Ford may sell it through Ford accessories and not just have it aftermarket.

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In another item @dirtstar2002 or may not be able to give us insight on. At the 4WP show in Dallas on Saturday the rep said the dash accessory rail is so popular Ford may sell it through Ford accessories and not just have it aftermarket.
the Dallas show rep might have newer intel. My guess you will see it through 4wp factory channels first. We got rev 3 sample in the shop today. More features, more robust mounting solutions. I believe it’s a videoworthy part all by itself.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The one on the right is heavily modified. Heavily. I bet the two pictures are meant as a direct comparison but I feel like it’s favoring the SFA for the purpose of illustrating the superiority of the SFA. You could build an IFS with crazy range but no one does because it’s way harder.

Take a closer look. This is a before and after a solid front axle swap. Same truck, same wheels and tires, and the same obstacle, and almost the same spot on the obstacle.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And rear? At what height lift do you have to make changes to control arms and track bar? All bolt on changes or any welding of brackets required?

Who is making the shocks and springs for 4WP? Will there be different spring rates available for those of us running heavy?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take a closer look. This is a before and after a solid front axle swap. Same truck, same wheels and tires, and the same obstacle, and almost the same spot on the obstacle.
It's still comparing a stock IFS to a heavily modified SFA. It's like comparing a stock car to a "stock car".

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

And rear? At what height lift do you have to make changes to control arms and track bar? All bolt on changes or any welding of brackets required?

Who is making the shocks and springs for 4WP? Will there be different spring rates available for those of us running heavy?
Here is a closeup I took Saturday.

Ford Bronco 4WP Bronco Upfits Packages & Parts 20210515_125713

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

totally bolt on. the springs are custom to that application but the shock is based on 2.5 shock technology. meaning you can probably tune coils from the racing industry. The team did a great job nailing that shock and spring down. try it first before you start tuning.
Sponsored