Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After all the delays and uncertainty, I figured I'd just wait until the '22s and be one of the first in line. The biggest concern is that by the end of May, Ford actually comes out with everyone's VIN and expected build date for '21. Then you are stuck with the timing and can't 99 it until next year. I originally was thinking I'd be driving mine this summer but as a 2dr Badlands manual Lux Tow, I probably won't see if for awhile. And if in a week I get a build date of say Nov 15th, I'd be pissed to be taking delivery in the winter with the '22's about to be built. Looking forward to not overthinking it in the short term and hopefully someone gets a '21 now that wouldn't have.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm on the verge of doing the same...I really don't want to take delivery in the dead of winter.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Well I did it. 99'd my 7/13 reservation 1621523525878

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With a early Day 2 reservation I seen this coming in March. I thought, might as well wait for the body color modular top in 2022.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After all the delays and uncertainty, I figured I'd just wait until the '22s and be one of the first in line. The biggest concern is that by the end of May, Ford actually comes out with everyone's VIN and expected build date for '21. Then you are stuck with the timing and can't 99 it until next year. I originally was thinking I'd be driving mine this summer but as a 2dr Badlands manual Lux Tow, I probably won't see if for awhile. And if in a week I get a build date of say Nov 15th, I'd be pissed to be taking delivery in the winter with the '22's about to be built. Looking forward to not overthinking it in the short term and hopefully someone gets a '21 now that wouldn't have.
You better hope you first in line I wouldn’t beleave crap Ford says about time stamps

Sponsored
OP
OP
BadSquatch21

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You better hope you first in line I wouldn’t beleave crap Ford says about time stamps
That's a risk I'm taking but I don't think there will be many early time stamps for them to have to deal with in '22. Also the price lock seemed like a good deal since I'm sure with the demand Ford will jack the price next year.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a silly question...
I’m seeing a lot of peeps not wanting a “winter delivery”, why is that?
I get you can’t have the “open air experience”, but you can still use it on trails? Also you’d have a very low mileage vehicle and a first release. I’m confused what the downside are?
Yes i get the possibility of added features and upgrades for future years, but not really into all that. I was never “iffy” on any of my build choice selection.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for your service. :)

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For all of you early RES holders that 99 their order " Thank You".:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After all the delays and uncertainty, I figured I'd just wait until the '22s and be one of the first in line.
Well, first after the next round of 3100 Priority orders, an unknown number of VIP orders, probably start doing a one dealer stock per converted reservation, ETC.

OP
OP
BadSquatch21

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a silly question...
I’m seeing a lot of peeps not wanting a “winter delivery”, why is that?
I get you can’t have the “open air experience”, but you can still use it on trails? Also you’d have a very low mileage vehicle and a first release. I’m confused what the downside are?
Yes i get the possibility of added features and upgrades for future years, but not really into all that. I was never “iffy” on any of my build choice selection.
Well if I lived in FL, I definitely wouldn't care. Come November in the northeast, its cold and grey for 5 months. Just not fun to have it sit outside in the cold and not be able to take the top off.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm on the verge of doing the same...I really don't want to take delivery in the dead of winter.
I would hold off until you get your email with the estimate. You're locked in with a 2021 price. If you cancel, you're going to have to pay 2022 prices. At the rate the current vehicle market is going the 22's could cost thousands more. If you are buying a new car, now is the time to buy.

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only flaw that I see in your logic is the assumption that body color modular hard tops will actually be available immediately on early '22 builds.

The way things are going, I would surmise that you probably won't be able to get a body color match hard top until sometime later in the model year. So, you may still be in the same boat where you get a '22, but you still will have to either go with a MIC or Black top if you want it when your number is called.

OP
OP
BadSquatch21

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, first after the next round of 3100 Priority orders, an unknown number of VIP orders, probably start doing a one dealer stock per converted reservation, ETC.
I'm thinking the priority orders, VIP BS ect is a '21 mainly thing.
Sponsored