Sponsored

Dealership say Can't Change Order (Canada)

Azemotay

Badlands
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4d Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do not have a VIN or build date. Last change I made was a colour change a month ago.
Had remorse and went to change it back and have been in contact with my dealership since Friday and they are telling me that,
" Sorry it’s official - Ford has locked out all changes on ordered Broncos as they prepare for build"

I don't know exactly how much the process can vary between US and Canada stuff so I am just asking how true this is or what should I do?
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: abe

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just changed my order on Monday here in the states. Dealer had zero issues with it. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed my colour recently without an issue. I’m also in British Columbia.

As long as you don’t have a VIN or build week, you can change it. I also would suggest getting an updated copy of the Vehicle Order Confirmation after they make the change, and then a copy of the new DORA the next day or two, when Ford acknowledges the change in their system.

Maybe ask to speak to another sales person or a manager.

OP
OP
Azemotay

Azemotay

Badlands
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4d Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed my colour recently without an issue. I’m also in British Columbia.

As long as you don’t have a VIN or build week, you can change it. I also would suggest getting an updated copy of the Vehicle Order Confirmation after they make the change, and then a copy of the new DORA the next day or two, when Ford acknowledges the change in their system.

Maybe ask to speak to another sales person or a manager.
I emailed them again today asking to move the request up the food chain as there is no reason they shouldn't be able to do it. If they still tell me no then I honestly don't know what I am going to have to do.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I emailed them again today asking to move the request up the food chain as there is no reason they shouldn't be able to do it. If they still tell me no then I honestly don't know what I am going to have to do.
Email can be a bit of a pain in the butt back and forth. You may find better traction calling them or visiting them in-person. I can assure you there’s no issues making a change to your build here in Canada, unless you have a build week/VIN. Keep escalating it further up at the dealership if you don’t get any answer or they keep saying the same thing. I’ve spoken directly to the “Bronco champion” who keys and manages orders for Bronco customers at my dealership, and he was very helpful… Very different than talking to my actual sales person for some items.

Sponsored

havingfunyet

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Base
I sent an email to my dealer in Ontario with changes today and got back an email saying no problem he would make the changes, a short time later.

OP
OP
Azemotay

Azemotay

Badlands
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4d Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As i kinda figured. Turns out I have a VIN assigned and he had no idea. He didn't say anything about having a build week. A special request was put in by his GM to change the colour, but I won't recieve an answer for 2 weeks which just kinda seems like a way to get rid of me lol.

So simultaneously the best and worst news regarding wanting to get the colour changed.

donspillman

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer here in the States told me the same thing this week. I was hoping for a similar answer as you got (I was going to drop tow), as I knew others on here were making changes. But still nothing from Ford or dealership, so I don't know. Maybe they were previewing and it didn't get a VIN. Who knows??!! What color did you want / not want?

OP
OP
Azemotay

Azemotay

Badlands
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4d Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was on Carbonized Grey for literally the longest time, but after placing the order decided I wanted to change to A51. Evidently, i want to change back to CG :p

No matter what i'll be happy but my SO likes CG more, so I want to keep her happy as well. With it just being something as simple as a colour change, maybe the special request will go through? Who knows, not holding my breathe.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Azemotay

Azemotay

Badlands
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4d Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or maybe the dealers are just sick and tired of changing the orders for the people who can't make up their damn minds?
It is a few keystrokes. I am spending 75 grand. I am going to 'attempt to'* get nothing short of exactly what I want. I personally do not think that is anything short of reasonable when you are a reasonable, polite customer as well.

*edited

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
The dealer I used wouldn't even return my messages about switching my build. At this point I am not going to be surprised if they try some mark up BS with me when it gets delivered. They told me MSRP, but I have nothing in writing other than my build sheet showing my MSRP.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
The dealer I used wouldn't even return my messages about switching my build. At this point I am not going to be surprised if they try some mark up BS with me when it gets delivered. They told me MSRP, but I have nothing in writing other than my build sheet showing my MSRP.
Gonna be a lot of that shit going on, I fear. I have mine in writing in an email string, but I would not have to go that route, I hope...

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is a few keystrokes. I am spending 75 grand. I am going to 'attempt to'* get nothing short of exactly what I want. I personally do not think that is anything short of reasonable when you are a reasonable, polite customer as well.

*edited
How many changes have you made since placing the order? Is the first one?

BroncoGoBrrr

Outer Banks
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Audi A4 Quattro Sline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve made at least five changes since my order was converted. Pretty safe though based on my later reservation date.
Sponsored