Sponsored

Is anyone else cancelling and getting the F150 Lightning?

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
But an ICE vehicle does 100% of an ICE vehicle and can function as an only car - something an EV, at this time, cannot dream of doing. Especially not with 300 miles of range.
I’d have bigger things in life to worry about if I couldn’t afford the cost of gas, and buying an EV would be at the bottom of that list.
Haha. My Ford Focus ST had 250 mile range when full. Your argument is flawed. An EV can be your only vehicle.
Sponsored

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Water vapor is the only emission with Hydrogen. Electricity is primarily generated by diesel, natural gas, and coal. Only a miniscule percentage of electricity is generated by hydo-electric dams, windmills, and solar. Just because you're electric vehicle doesn't produce emissions, doesn't mean the electricity generated to charge it didn't. Not to mention the toxic elements and metals that are mined to manufacture electric vehicle batteries. Some of these elements and metals are mined in foreign countries with poor environmental standards and working conditions. Water runoff, etc. from these mines can be an environmental issue. Electric Vehicles are an over hyped sham IMHO!
Where do you think Hydrogen Fuel comes from? Honest question.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Exactly. The only recyclable part of the EV battery is the casing. The massive piles of spent lithium will mimic nuclear waste.
HUH????

Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you put your Lightning reservation in today, you probably won't get your truck until 2023. Maybe 2024. The reservations exceed their yearly production rate. The amount of reservations doesn't even include fleet orders, which could be significant and take precedent over retail orders.

I reserved one and I fully expect a 2024 model. If I get it sooner, great, but I'll sit and chill for now.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
ICE vehicles are the best option now. Maybe in the future EV battery technology will rival the range and efficiency of the ICE? Or maybe there will be game changing improvements to Hydrogen production and delivery in the future? For now, I'm staying with my gas powered vehicles.
Good news! The future is here today!

Ford Bronco Is anyone else cancelling and getting the F150 Lightning? 1621627719042

Reactions: Jdc

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Haha. My Ford Focus ST had 250 mile range when full. Your argument is flawed. An EV can be your only vehicle.
It can't be everyone's only vehicle right now. I could not have an EV as my only vehicle. The charging network is not robust enough, and vehicles don't charge fast enough based on some of my drives. A Tesla may work, because of the supercharger network, but their manufacturing processes are garbage.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford does not say the size of the battery. The grid will not support a ton of EV's on the line. You're not going to just plug it into a wall outlet. A good question is, how many KWH's does it take to charge the battery to make it go full range. Then figure the cost. Moving a vehicle takes power and power is not free.

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Canceling?

No.

No way.

Already have an F150 that runs great. No need to replace it with the same thing.

Bronco or bust!

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

nope never going to do plug-in electric ..the Bronco will probably be my last Ford and I have pretty much have owned nearly all Ford’s. So unless Ford gets with the hydrogen Program i‘ll be heading to Toyota ..where Japan is going 100% hydrogen. Chevron just inked a deal to provide a nationwide network of hydrogen pumps across the USA .

whats really exciting to me is not only Toyota doing hydrogen fuel cells, but they have had major break throughs with direct hydrogen internal combustion.

here Is their new hydrogen internal combustion race car .

Isn't hydrogen pretty expensive? Im pretty sure I saw a video that said after you use all of your fuel credits, you can expect to pay 90 bucks to fill up.

Deleted member 3063

Exactly. The only recyclable part of the EV battery is the casing. The massive piles of spent lithium will mimic nuclear waste.
They have been recycling lithium batteries for years. EV batteries are more complicated due to their size but the process is the same.

The contents of the batteries are exposed using a shredder or a high-speed hammer, depending on battery size. The contents are then submerged in caustic water. The caustic solution neutralizes the electrolytes, and ferrous and non-ferrous metals are recovered. The clean scrap metal is then sold to metal recyclers while the solution is then filtered. The carbon is recovered and pressed into moist sheets of carbon cake. Some of the carbon is recycled with cobalt. The lithium in the solution is converted to lithium carbonate. The lithium carbonate is used to make lithium ingot metal and foil for other batteries. It also provides lithium metal for resale and for the manufacture of sulfur dioxide batteries
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: