Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The park rangers patrol in their trucks and ATV's regularly, the one that caught you must have been in a good mood because he didn't write you up. I doubt the fishermen called him on you, he went over to the fishermen to check if they were legal also, That's what the park rangers do.
Maybe. I was leaving on the access road and he was coming in so fast he almost hit me. We stopped maybe 200 feet from paved road. He certainly wasn't in a good mood. You can't see the beach from where we were.
Plus, we saw a fisherman use his phone while we there. He was in a group of 4 and they were looking at the Cayenne while we were feeding the dog. I figured they were looking because you don't see many Turbo Porsches 4 wheeling.
Circumstantial, but it looked like the ranger was responding to an early sunday morning call and was all bent out of shape he had to rush down to the beach for someone who essentially drove down the access road and back out.
Sponsored

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I have a question for you Base guys.

B&P states 4 door Base starts @ $33,200.
Got my new DORA yesterday, it shows $33,995.
What's the extra $795 for? I must be missing something? Or was B&P never correct for the base price?

Edit: Is the extra $795 for the advanced transfer case maybe?

Edit #2: Scratch this one I guess. According to our Invoice Price list on the forum, Ford does charge the extra $795 for the advanced transfer case. What kind of bullshit is that? 🤬 🤬
Hasn't Ford always stated the advanced 4x4 was $795? Or is it because you added Squatch and it automatically adds Advanced 4x4 needed with the package?

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hasn't Ford always stated the advanced 4x4 was $795? Or is it because you added Squatch and it automatically adds Advanced 4x4 needed with the package?
I went from my BB build down to a Base Squatch build. And looking at the DORA I noticed the amount was different than the B&P (starting at #).

As I dug a little more, figured that had to be the cost for the advanced 4x4.

It's a pain to figure out #'s based on the B&P, because when you build the Bronco, it lumps half of that shit into the MSRP. You know, the rockstar web designers Ford uses 😔

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I have a question for you Base guys.

B&P states 4 door Base starts @ $33,200.
Got my new DORA yesterday, it shows $33,995.
What's the extra $795 for? I must be missing something? Or was B&P never correct for the base price?

Edit: Is the extra $795 for the advanced transfer case maybe?

Edit #2: Scratch this one I guess. According to our Invoice Price list on the forum, Ford does charge the extra $795 for the advanced transfer case. What kind of bullshit is that? 🤬 🤬
The Advanced transfer case is a required option when adding the Squatch to the Base.
The price list shows series code E5D for 'Base4-door Advanced 4x4' and code E5B for 'Base 4-door'.
...... and your $795 price difference.
It is screwy (to the customer) since you can't order the E5D unless you also add the Squatch package.

It's even more confusing for the 2-door Base.... the $30890 E5C with advanced is $2390 more than the E5A since it adds the 10 speed auto and the Advanced transfer case.... and again, you have to add Squatch to get it.
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1621950335549

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

And if it makes you guys feel any better (probably not cuz I'm not at Brewster anymore, but that's a different story).

Last week my BB build was in preview mode from Tuesday through Saturday (when it dropped off). This week my Base Squatch build, not in preview. Which I never expected this thing before December, hell lucky if I even get a MY21 with the way Ford is handling this crap. Pretty sad when you consider it's a Day 2 reservation 🤬

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And if it makes you guys feel any better (probably not cuz I'm not at Brewster anymore, but that's a different story).

Last week my BB build was in preview mode from Tuesday through Saturday (when it dropped off). This week my Base Squatch build, not in preview. Which I never expected this thing before December, hell lucky if I even get a MY21 with the way Ford is handling this crap. Pretty sad when you consider it's a Day 2 reservation 🤬
so what made you drop down to a base?

this was brought up in another thread (I think? I can't keep up anymore) But honestly, at this point, shouldn't they all be 2022's? I mean, other manufacturers will be releasing their 2022 models shortly, and we're going to be still waiting for Ford to even BUILD our 2021's? Other plants are already transitioning over to making 2022's...

Brings up the question... what is the plan here? When is MAP going to switch over to 2022's? I'm sure the transition won't take long since it's likely to be zero differences (besides a new color or 2). But are they going to build 2021's right through Dec? And then 2022's won't start being built until Jan? Delivered in Feb/March? So 2022 models could realistically be looking at Spring next year. And if we're 'lucky' enough to get a 2021, it could be built in Dec? Delivered in Jan? Feb?

Just kinda rambling here, but I think you get where I'm going...

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

so what made you drop down to a base?

this was brought up in another thread (I think? I can't keep up anymore) But honestly, at this point, shouldn't they all be 2022's? I mean, other manufacturers will be releasing their 2022 models shortly, and we're going to be still waiting for Ford to even BUILD our 2021's? Other plants are already transitioning over to making 2022's...

Brings up the question... what is the plan here? When is MAP going to switch over to 2022's? I'm sure the transition won't take long since it's likely to be zero differences (besides a new color or 2). But are they going to build 2021's right through Dec? And then 2022's won't start being built until Jan? Delivered in Feb/March? So 2022 models could realistically be looking at Spring next year. And if we're 'lucky' enough to get a 2021, it could be built in Dec? Delivered in Jan? Feb?

Just kinda rambling here, but I think you get where I'm going...
Original build was a BB Squatch (Race Red). The more I thought about it, I HATED the $49k price tag. I drive approx. 29k-30k miles per year, didn't want to spend that much on something that'll
hit 200k miles in 7 years.

Moved down to a BB non-Squatch. Dropped down to $43k (not bad). But figured I'd do aftermarket wheels (BB wheels are butt ass ugly) and bigger tires (295's preferred). That's another $3k right there, and no definitive answers how much of a pain getting 295's to work.

That brings me down to last week. I know I'm around allocation 63 out of 64 (I'm not getting anything soon). So I moved to Base Squatch (yes I lose my Race Red & pretty lights 🤬) but I get bigger tires (that I wanted), lift kit, and front locker for same price as BB (minus aftermarket stuff) around $43k. No added costs, just my down payment when I pick it up.

To respond to your model year question, I don't know!! My best guess is:
Ford will build MY21 through the month of December. January 1st will be the start of MY22 builds (ship month or so later). So for anyone who plans to resell their Bronco at some point, I'd say MY21 will get killed in resale value. I'm a lifer, I'll drive it til it falls apart. So model year doesn't mean much to me.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To respond to your model year question, I don't know!! My best guess is:
Ford will build MY21 through the month of December. January 1st will be the start of MY22 builds (ship month or so later). So for anyone who plans to resell their Bronco at some point, I'd say MY21 will get killed in resale value. I'm a lifer, I'll drive it til it falls apart. So model year doesn't mean much to me.
so they'll basically just be behind going into 2022 as well... sounds about par for the course. 🤦‍♂️

I guess at some point they'll need to get back on the regular schedule. maybe 2023's...

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparently I'm getting 'pre-engaged' (previewing) this week! I see though from @EvlNvrDys that Ford apparently can change their mind and break it off, so until they give me the ring (VIN) I won't get too excited. Even then, the build date can change, so I won't be able to send out invitations for rides until I get notice that it is actually built AND shipped, and nobody has closed down the roads between here and Detroit... 😁

Sponsored
OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Apparently I'm getting 'pre-engaged' (previewing) this week! I see though from @EvlNvrDys that Ford apparently can change their mind and break it off, so until they give me the ring (VIN) I won't get too excited. Even then, the build date can change, so I won't be able to send out invitations for rides until I get notice that it is actually built AND shipped, and nobody has closed down the roads between here and Detroit... 😁
Yeah that sounds about right. I figure if I kept my BB non-Squatch build then "maybe" I would've been in preview again this week. No guarantee of course. And in the end, easier to go Squatch, get the better suspension, than try to do all that shit aftermarket. 🤷‍♂️ Now I just gotta get me a tow receiver and wires.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Surprisingly, MIC. I did not want to change as I do not like the Ford soft top. I want to get the Bestop fastback (the Ultra equivalent) but need the MIC to get the defrost and (even if lame) washer. Gonna run HT Nov-Apr and Soft for the warmer months.