Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Surprisingly, MIC. I did not want to change as I do not like the Ford soft top. I want to get the Bestop fastback (the Ultra equivalent) but need the MIC to get the defrost and (even if lame) washer. Gonna run HT Nov-Apr and Soft for the warmer months.
and more hope!

UGHHHHH.

:LOL:
Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah that sounds about right. I figure if I kept my BB non-Squatch build then "maybe" I would've been in preview again this week. No guarantee of course. And in the end, easier to go Squatch, get the better suspension, than try to do all that shit aftermarket. 🤷‍♂️ Now I just gotta get me a tow receiver and wires.
See you finally came back around to sas 😅. Is sas still a constraint? The last email ford sent out didn't say anything about it

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

interesting. I thought hard tops were like unicorns these days!

I hate that you're giving me hope right now. damn you! lol
Well yeah it's possible. If you don't have any of the other deadly sins. Not even sure what they are anymore.

But no guarantee. And I'm at the point that I don't want to give stuff up just for a "chance" to get my Bronco earlier.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

See you finally came back around to sas 😅. Is sas still a constraint? The last email ford sent out didn't say anything about it
Yeah I have no idea if it is or not. I was just way too stressed trying to find wheels (that don't seem to exist yet) and tires that may or may not fit without a lift. So I said F#*K it and went the easy route with Squatch. 🤷‍♂️

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But no guarantee. And I'm at the point that I don't want to give stuff up just for a "chance" to get my Bronco earlier.
agreed.

Why I'm sticking with the hard top, but really need the car as soon as I could get it...

But lately with all I've heard I am pretty pessimistic on getting it this year.

Besides the hard top, I have no other constraints and am within allocations, & a 7/16 reservation... guess it just all depends on how bad this hard top constraint really is.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I saw the soft top I didn't mind it. I could care less about the hookups and won't need them anyway so hopefully I can get a build date this year and just get a hard top down the road. At this point I don't trust any hard top they will put on the 2021's considering the problems they are having.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At this point I don't trust any hard top they will put on the 2021's considering the problems they are having.
what problems are they having?

I straight up thought it was just production. as in, they're only producing 5/day vs 100/day. (which are probably accurate numbers, 😂 )

If you tell me it's fit, or plastic is falling apart or they're crumbling when water hits it, coming out purple instead of gray... then I'd be concerned. But if it's just production delays... meh. Not concerned. They'll work through that.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

what problems are they having?

I straight up thought it was just production. as in, they're only producing 5/day vs 100/day. (which are probably accurate numbers, 😂 )

If you tell me it's fit, or plastic is falling apart or they're crumbling when water hits it, coming out purple instead of gray... then I'd be concerned. But if it's just production delays... meh. Not concerned. They'll work through that.
People were saying that someone that works there was saying they were not passing QC's. Something with a different process than normal where there is some kind of honeycomb center for strength and sound deadening. Kinda makes sense there is no cross member like in the jeeps for support.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
People were saying that someone that works there was saying they were not passing QC's. Something with a different process than normal where there is some kind of honeycomb center for strength and sound deadening. Kinda makes sense there is no cross member like in the jeeps for support.
but they must have some if people are getting builds that have MIC tops... so if it were a manufacturing defect, I'd doubt they have any.

but we heard it on the internet, so it must be true! :D

you heard one thing, I heard another, so basically no one knows...

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

but they must have some if people are getting builds that have MIC tops... so if it were a manufacturing defect, I'd doubt they have any.

but we heard it on the internet, so it must be true! :D

you heard one thing, I heard another, so basically no one knows...
yea who knows at this point. After seeing the soft top I am happy if I get. I will wait till aftermarket comes out with a hard top. There will probably be tons of companies making them. I am not going to have a freaking hard top stop me from getting a bronco this year if that's the case

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it is a quality problem, and we experience that, I have every confidence that it will be addressed under warranty. I am not as certain that there will be "tons" of hard top alternatives out there, certainly not for a while. The cost and effort to tool up for a decidedly small market (initially - particularly since most people will be waiting to get what they want) will make it unlikely someone will invest in this effort unless there is a massive population of customers with an un-met demand. Even the 'white-top' demand is probably not enough to chance the kind of investment it would take to do this.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read here 22's will start the first week of Dec '21.
I'm guessing the B&P will be updated in Sept/Oct for '22 options. At that point, you'll be able to mark you order a 99 if you want/forced into MY22 only option, e.g. new paint color / dropped paint color.
I see some issues if you have a MY21 only option and no build date. Your order will be un-buildable as of Dec 21. Seeing how most people aren't keeping up with info and most dealers seem clueless, some people will be sitting for weeks with un-buildable orders in Dec.

BigBronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado, 2021 XC90
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If it is a quality problem, and we experience that, I have every confidence that it will be addressed under warranty. I am not as certain that there will be "tons" of hard top alternatives out there, certainly not for a while. The cost and effort to tool up for a decidedly small market (initially - particularly since most people will be waiting to get what they want) will make it unlikely someone will invest in this effort unless there is a massive population of customers with an un-met demand. Even the 'white-top' demand is probably not enough to chance the kind of investment it would take to do this.
Hopefully your preview gets scheduled.

What was your res date / time? Any idea what number you were at Brewster?

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not Brewster - I'm at Chapman. 7.13 at 10:58PM EDT

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I read here 22's will start the first week of Dec '21.
I'm guessing the B&P will be updated in Sept/Oct for '22 options. At that point, you'll be able to mark you order a 99 if you want/forced into MY22 only option, e.g. new paint color / dropped paint color.
I see some issues if you have a MY21 only option and no build date. Your order will be un-buildable as of Dec 21. Seeing how most people aren't keeping up with info and most dealers seem clueless, some people will be sitting for weeks with un-buildable orders in Dec.
The Sport B&P was up in July for a vehicle that wasn't planned for delivery until December. Is it wishful thinking that Bronco 2022 B&P could go live in July?
Sponsored