Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Put down for a Black Diamond 4 door and planning on getting the sasquatch package + hardtop + 2.7 + Antimatter Blue if it doesn't get too much over $50k.. I've got a 2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package that's going to be sacrificed to the Bronco gods to make this happen.

I would go for the Big Bend, except all the armor and interior stuff that comes on the Black Diamond is worth the ~$2700 to me.

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved a Black Diamond 4 door manual after really thinking hard about the Badlands. In the end just don't think I will get my money out of the other one. This seems to be a great combo of real off-road capability but not crazy shit that I would (almost) never use. I will use this as my DD so I didn't go with the Sasquatch - instead I hope I can get the Advanced 4x4 option and keep the 32" wheels. I will also spring for the mid-level trim upgrade. My colors will be either the Cactus grey or Area 51 most likely. What I don't know is the grill deal. It may come with one choice and we can choose another? I REALLY like the classic, but the one they picture it with is a little too busy.

FernieSanders

Badlands
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q3, Bronco Badlands 4Dr NoSas MIC 2.7 CG High
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New here, thanks for having me! I went with Black Diamond because it seems like the cheapest version with good off-roading equipment standard and the best color combinations. My goal was to get the cheapest one in either Cyber Orange, Area 51, or Cactus Grey, and the three start being available at this trim. I also went with the 2 door. I'm leaning Cyber Orange or Cactus Grey at the moment, I like the hero colors but the Orange has been a tough sell with the wife so far. Fingers crossed, could be a game-day decision.

EDIT: Also, going to go with the 2.7L, is anyone going with 2.3L?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco21fan

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

New here, thanks for having me! I went with Black Diamond because it seems like the cheapest version with good off-roading equipment standard and the best color combinations. My goal was to get the cheapest one in either Cyber Orange, Area 51, or Cactus Grey, and the three start being available at this trim. I also went with the 2 door. I'm leaning Cyber Orange or Cactus Grey at the moment, I like the hero colors but the Orange has been a tough sell with the wife so far. Fingers crossed, could be a game-day decision.

EDIT: Also, going to go with the 2.7L, is anyone going with 2.3L?
I am thinking of going 2.7 depending on how much the jump in price will be the 4 cylinder would suit me just fine I am upgrading to a 10 speed auto no matter what I get

OP
OP
Bronco21fan

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black diamond with the optional 17" aluminum wheels sounds just right for me. Not a fan of the look of steelies.
The black Steele’s look awsome with orange old school but yeah I’m debating upgrading the wheels threw ford I’m trying to stay in a certain range I love how we get the heavy duty bumpers with this trim and the rubber floor with drain plus the skid plates. If I do keep the Steelies I will get bead locker wheels aftermarket there’s some really nice ones out there

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I do not like those white handles, hopefully they don’t have to match the top. If so, I’ll probably paint them black or if someone is skilled enough to body paint match.
Just FYI so you can see what it looks like, this photoshop was done for me in another thread because I didn’t like the white handles either.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did not see velocity blue as an option they have antimatter blue
it’s on the spec sheet stickied at the top of this board, not on the Ford,com Bronco page

Reactions: BE_

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think that is the Gray Carbonized Roof - not sure if the paint is Cactus or Area 51 - but as much as I hate gray, the lighter roof really pushes the body color into the blueish range with my eyesight.

I have a few months to do research - but I think I might end-up with the a BD with lots of options over the Badlands with some options - is the price is significantly different.
This 4-door above is Cactus Gray. As far as I can tell this is Area 51 on the sport.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread EB5E1DED-AFAB-4976-A268-0652766E7E53

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reasons I got the BD:
rubber floor/drains
rear locker
steel bumpers
rock rails
steel wheels (love the look) Not my fav, but not a deal breaker either
4.46 gears

What I am not happy about is the BD comes with General Grabbers. Yeah, Generals.
I will be replacing at the dealership with Cooper ST MAXX 285/75/17s
I'm thinking Nitto's or Goodyear's like my Truck have.

So excited for it

Black Diamond

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tried for hours to get my reservation in and finally got it last night. I will be sacrificing a vehicle to get this as well. Been waiting a long time and the black diamond trim suits me best with the vinyl and seats. Interested to see how this process plays out. Registered my username to match :)

OP
OP
Bronco21fan

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reasons I got the BD:
rubber floor/drains
rear locker
steel bumpers
rock rails
steel wheels (love the look)
4.46 gears

What I am not happy about is the BD comes with General Grabbers. Yeah, Generals.
I will be replacing at the dealership with Cooper ST MAXX 285/75/17s
Are general grabbers bad I heard a lot of good Things about that tire from people. This will be my first off roader so would know a lot more than me what you thinking as far as tires go.

Reactions: BE_

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was I the only one who thought of gambling when I saw the trim name, I never been skiing

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1594768372701
Sponsored