Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really excited for this, there's no V8 or 4xE Wrangler Bronco competitor yet but I would think both are going to be released in next couple years with full EV to follow. The Mach E is pretty great for what it is. Relatively affordable, spacious, decent range and AWD EV. After seeing a few in person the styling is MUCH better than pictures. Although the handlebar mustache is...eh. Also hopefully we can get a unified charging network together rather than a dozen companies clamoring for their stake while confusing consumers.
One thing to keep in mind is that electric motors are more efficient at low speeds than high speeds. Stop and go is what really kills them, Iā€™d be curious what the ā€œrock crawlingā€ range of an electric bronco could be.
Range shouldnt be bad especially with regenerative braking no? A lot of the time EVs are killed by also going at high speeds but just meandering at low speeds and being on the brakes consistently would help replenish batteries.

Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'll happily sell my '21 Bronco for a '25 EV Bronco - I've often said the Bronco would be my last combustion engine vehicle...it might as well be my first EV too! :)
this is what I said also, I might follow that same path. Make it, we will come.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just saying to my fiancĆ© the other night that I wish the Bronco had an EV model. That might be an unpopular opinion, however I think itā€™d be a great idea.

I am very intrigued by the Ford Lightning and some of its capabilities. I donā€™t tow anything, and a full-sized truck is not something I really need. I do think an EV Bronco would be cool, but it would need long range for off-road adventures and a way to recharge as well. Realizing solar panels is unlikely to have the ability to charge it significantly, Iā€™m not sure what the solution is outside of an extremely large mileage capacity. A hybrid might be a better option. I would imagine weā€™ll see an EV Bronco Sport before the full-size though.
I really wish there was a plug-in like the Jeep 4xE

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if the MASSIVE F150 with tons of empty space to stuff batteries gets 230 miles i honestly dont want this product which will suck ass

give us a V8 please

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if the MASSIVE F150 with tons of empty space to stuff batteries gets 230 miles i honestly dont want this product which will suck ass

give us a V8 please
Ford and many others take a more conservative battery approach to encourage the longevity of batteries vs squeezing the life out of them like Tesla. This and the F-150 will likely go much further than the stated range. Like it or not, EVs are the way of the future as V8s will be more and more phased out.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really wish there was a plug-in like the Jeep 4xE
This is what Iā€™d want eventually and wouldnā€™t be shocked if we got a Warthog with bigger tt V6 and hybrid powertrain. Probably in the works to be released in 2 years or so. PHEVs are an excellent way to get people into electric cars without having to go full EV.

Sponsored

Denba1

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll happily sell my '21 Bronco for a '25 EV Bronco - I've often said the Bronco would be my last combustion engine vehicle...it might as well be my first EV too! :)
I keep using the "last combustion engine vehicle" excuse to justify buying something with such awful gas mileage. Last hurrah! I'm intrigued by Rivian's trucks, too. But not ready yet.

mylittlepony

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler / 09 TC Series 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Really excited for this, there's no V8 or 4xE Wrangler Bronco competitor yet but I would think both are going to be released in next couple years with full EV to follow. The Mach E is pretty great for what it is. Relatively affordable, spacious, decent range and AWD EV. After seeing a few in person the styling is MUCH better than pictures. Although the handlebar mustache is...eh. Also hopefully we can get a unified charging network together rather than a dozen companies clamoring for their stake while confusing consumers.

Range shouldnt be bad especially with regenerative braking no? A lot of the time EVs are killed by also going at high speeds but just meandering at low speeds and being on the brakes consistently would help replenish batteries.
Magneto will help push the market demand for this type of setup[4xE]
35's standard.
Ford Bronco Electric Bronco EV Teased in Announcement of New Ford EV Platforms Magneto.JPG
. as you stated when available, which may not be too far out if there are no hangups[chips].

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the OPā€™s post, it outlines the Explorer is likely on that list (and makes sense).

Iā€™m still not sure how I feel about the looks of the Mach E. Part of me likes it, part of me doesnā€™tā€¦ canā€™t put my finger on it until I see them on the roads.
I cant get past the fact that this new "suv/coupe/sedan" thing is called the MUSTANG mach-e. Same goes for F-150 Lightning, which will always be a step-side supercharged F-150 in my opinion.

I get it they want to capitalize on brand awareness but its a slap in the face. Especially when its not even the same platform as the car its named after.

Carreratime

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, '68 Alfa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered a new Bronco. I'll carry extra fuel when I off-road, just in case. Reserved the upcoming F-150 Lightning. If I take that out for an extended (or even off-road) drives, I'll bring a gas generator. That would be good enough for a few miles of charge to get to a real plug. No big deal.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had my eye on the Rivian for about two years until I got sidetracked with the Bronco. Couldnā€™t pass it up. Took a test drive in my first electric vehicle 3 weeks ago, and you couldnā€™t wipe the smile off my face. So I ordered it and it will be my commute car (20k miles a year). Saw the Lightning F-150 and reserved it. Next year I will have to decide what to do?
Sponsored