Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what I’d want eventually and wouldn’t be shocked if we got a Warthog with bigger tt V6 and hybrid powertrain. Probably in the works to be released in 2 years or so. PHEVs are an excellent way to get people into electric cars without having to go full EV.
20 miles like the 4xE would be like 3 days round trip (when I'm not wfh)
Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford and many others take a more conservative battery approach to encourage the longevity of batteries vs squeezing the life out of them like Tesla. This and the F-150 will likely go much further than the stated range. Like it or not, EVs are the way of the future as V8s will be more and more phased out.
EV's are not even massively adopted yet and we have some states that are experiencing blackouts.

we simply do not have the energy surplus to use electricity to power transportation.

The battery technology is terrible and reliant on extremely bad mining practices. The technology is a giant trap that is going to backfire

yes EV's outperform ICEs but its not enough to outperform something

Hydrogen would be a better solution

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully the range will be better than the 2 door BL....

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still hope that they will boldly offer the first manual hybrid when they electrify the Bronco. It could be paired with the 2.3, get a boost of power and torque, improve mileage, and bring in a bunch of safety/convenience features that normally are only on Autos. Getrag specifically states that the transmission supports a hybrid drive.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A) If they offered a EV version of the Bronco today, it's what I would order. I keep holding out hope (naively) that they will announce a 2022 or 2023 Bronco EV. I know it's crazy, but they did redesign the F-150 for '21 and announced a '22 EV version.

B) I think one of the most under appreciated features, and no one has mentioned this, of an EV is the frunk. Especially on an open air vehicle like the Bronco. To have enclosed lockable storage of that volume is a game changer in my mind.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Right now our two car replacements are a Bronco and an EV. I want to Bronco for camping adventures and an EV for 90% of our combined driving (makes the most sense). I likely will still get a gas Bronco just due to the range (and lack of charging where I will be headed).

The F150 Lightening is AWESOME I think - if only we could deal with a full size truck (I hate the size), as for our daily driver neither of us wants to deal with parallel parking the thing in town or any other places where it will go. Looking forward to see this type of technology trickle into a sporty SUV (the Mach E is a possibility).
I've got a similar situation and outlook. Currently living in an urban area, and having looked at my family average daily mileage, an EV would cover vast majority of our usage. (Other than my son who drives around aimlessly with his friends.)

And then a gasoline vehicle would supplement for longer distance and off-road adventure. Because I'm not sold on an EV yet for longer trips (searching and waiting for charges), and off-roading in back woods mountain locations for lengths of time.

In fact, I would have bought an EV urban car last year, instead of the gasoline model I bought. But the gasoline model was $14k, compared to near double that for an EV. Economy EVs need to come down in price.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For a primary car EV I definitely want Lucid Air kinds of efficiency and Range. However our Bronco will be my wife's DD and a toy for off-roading nearby. The local speed limits range from 15 up to 35 and it will be unusual for her to go more than 10 miles in a day and 90% of all our off-road adventures are literally out our back door so an EV Bronco would be awesome.
Unfortunately it looks like it's still a few years off so in the meantime our ICE Bronco will do just fine and hopefully hold its resale value for when we can trade it on an EV version. That assumes of course that we actually get it in 2022. If it looks like it will slip to 2023 I'll likely just cancel and get something else to hold us over in the meantime. I ordered too late to even hope for using it this summer but I really do expect to have it by this time next year.

G Watkins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thinking that would be a better option also. A day of off roading would probably drain a battery.
Everything MUST be electric by 2050. Including freight trucks. I'm glade they're working on it now. Gives them about 30 years to figure it out.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In the OP’s post, it outlines the Explorer is likely on that list (and makes sense).

I’m still not sure how I feel about the looks of the Mach E. Part of me likes it, part of me doesn’t… can’t put my finger on it until I see them on the roads.
I have seen a few in the wild now. In the right color, I hate saying it they look great.

The front and side looks amazing but it has one hideous ass end.

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

Electric Bronco? Probably electric Ranger at the same time.
Can see the business sense for a electric Transit.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
4xe's are selling well! dealer initial stock 26 down to 2!

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just hope Ford doesn’t think they need to make it look “futuristic” just because it’s electric. Already hating those rubber bands on the Mars rover like wheels in the render.
Sponsored