First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this thread about things that are over rated or just things you don’t want? Because they’re not the same...

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Removable top and doors is a primary feature which distinguishes the new Bronco from nearly every other vehicle available in the USA. It's a major reason to get the Bronco, rather than some other 4x4.

So yeah, I'll be making use of the top/doors off feature. It's been one of the best features of my Jeeps over the years, providing great views of scenery and trails and overall fun. Fun is highly underrated, and top down/doors off = fun! :)

12" screen? I work in IT and stare at a screen for hours a day. So if I could get a Bronco without a screen - I would!

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will have the roof and doors off as much as possible like I did on my Wranglers.
I love tech, and the larger screen looks great because it eliminates the plastic bezel.
That’s my 2¢

Sponsored

QuitPlayinWithYourDingy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Rav4 V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm with you, OP. Driver assists, auto rear view, 12 inch screens, auto dual climate, ... all that is for the birds.
The only things I want above Base are heated seats and a nice steering wheel. One will be aftermarket and the other will be just buying an oem 'leather' wheel.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right now, I have enough screens and digital crap in my life that I am not looking to complicate it any further. I'm tired of all the digital life, cameras everywhere, etc. Just looking to keep things simple! Crank up the tunes and roll on down the road!
I am definitely in that boat. 12" screen is nice. The 8" in my F150 looks small in that big dash. I will take the doors off often. Waiting for the aftermarket tube door options!

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1- Ford’s integrity
2- My patience

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Summer in the South:

In the daytime, top always up, with or without panels. But doors off works. Top can go down at night. But most of the time in summer I’ll have the doors on, top up, the panels on.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im in the no doors boat but I have zero use for any dash screen. I would be into those dvd players that pop out of the dash for video playback, trail monitering, and maybe a video phone call. I am really disappointed that there isnt a delete option on modern vehicles to just get a regular radio. Everything else it does is just bullshit to me. I just really wish these damn things folded away so you can just drive.

But yeah I will be taking the doors off plenty. Aside from the TV in the dash there isnt much on here I dont like. I mean the carpet is utterly pointless and damn near negligent on a "offroader" vehicle. But I cant really think of much else.

Sponsored

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First. Welcome to the forums

#1 - Most people will probably take their doors off a couple times at the beginning and get tired of it.

#2 - No I'm not in the same boat. I've seen both the 12" and 8" in person and the 12" is awesome. Bigger is better.
Agreed once I saw the 12" compared to the 8" it's a no-brainer, ESPECIALLY if you have the HIGH package with that 360 cam!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, I know that many people are fond of these features and I do understand why.

BUT...

for me personally:

1. I really probably will never take the doors off. I feel that with the top removed, it gives enough of an open air feeling. I will keep the doors on for the arm rest factor, safety, and additional dust control. Just really don't see a reason for removing them.

2. I know the 12" screen is nice by those who have seen it, but I have no interest in a larger screen. Right now, I have enough screens and digital crap in my life that I am not looking to complicate it any further. I'm tired of all the digital life, cameras everywhere, etc. Just looking to keep things simple! Crank up the tunes and roll on down the road!

Anyone else in this boat?
I will most likely never remove the doors, but the top will be off often. I wouldn't turn away from a 12" screen but it's not a priority. Plus I'm in Base camp so it's not an option.

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is funny to read so many comments about doors and roof off in the summer when you live in a place where the doors and roof can be off all the time except summer.😉😉

Well... All the time as long as you have a bikini top or a big hat.😁
Must be in Florida too... ;)

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do people realize the 4dr rear roof cap only weighs 68 pounds? That's not much more than a front door. It should be no problem to do by yourself. Even the 2dr cap is only 80.5

Soft top is 110.

I've been counting on being able to do it alone. I'm not a big guy by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd be surprised if i have much trouble.

This is almost half the weight of the a jeep hardtop rear cap.

With such a light roof, conveniently sectioned, and nicely designed door bags that can be put on before removing the doors, it's going to be easy and safe to switch.

Doorless topless for me.

Yes for the 12" too. Looks bad with the bezel around the 8". Cameras are sweet. Allows you to keep 2 apps going as well. There is no argument that wins for the 8" except price. Glare? Its going to happen on both. I'm sure a matte screen protector can be had. I know I'm putting a protector on my 12".

Also, I don't know what the carplay is full screen on 8 and not on the 12" is about. It runs at the same resolution and size. You are not gaining anything by having it fill the 8" screen vs partial on the 12"

Items Leaning towards gimmicky: beadlock wheels, sport mode, bottle opener
Sponsored

Last edited: