Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the news is that there is no news... honestly would've been happier if they would've just pushed back to '22 so I could stop worrying about when mine will be built.

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They cannot make 2022 delivery commitments. They are not telling you everything. Yes some will get a Bronco this year, but my instincts tell me to get out and wait on the sidelines. I may check back in a couple of years. I need to call my dealer and get my non- refundable deposit back.

This is a great community and I've learned a lot. Thank you all.

Cheers!

Quick edit: Called Mac Haik Ford in Georgetown Texas to start my non-refundable refund. No problems to get my money back at all. They are a good dealership and he did not seem surprised with my request to cancel. So local Texas folk - someone just move on BL closer.

Last edited:

mylittlepony

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler / 09 TC Series 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This email tells us nothing useful. Don't give me problems, give me solutions. You want to open up some hardtops? Tell me that every softop built will include hookups and I will switch to that today.

Amateurs.
goodluck, they tried sweetening the mic top switch w/ a free headliner....

wkaotp

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Sprinter 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer just called me. He said the reason I won’t be getting a Bronco anytime soon is the hard top. My build is Badlands 2.3, Auto, High pkg, MIC. That’s it. My reservation is a 7/14, with the order placed on 3/2/21.

he said unless I change to a soft top don’t expect a bronco anytime soon. He did say that if we do have to change my order to a MY22 that any new packages or editions would be available to me to change on my order.

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
All things considered, I am not too surprised. I hear local textile mills are struggling to get polymer base pellets n such, plus have limited staff, etc. Not sure if Webasto is having the same issues, but wouldn't surprise me.

But then again, I was kind of hoping mine was delayed just so I can have it paid off from day 1 (if it's delayed past 10/10, its a win-win!).

Now if only Ford would offer us a few new colors similar to the original '66MY colors. I'd much rather have Caribbean Turquoise or Holly Green. :)

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That was about the most underwhelming "update" that we could have gotten. Ford was able to produce 87K aircraft during WWII, but these MIC roofs - that's much harder! What a joke. If WWII planes needed MIC roofs, we'd have lost the war.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone that is pissed, please cancel so I can move closer to a build date. We knew this was going to happen. Did everyone think it was going to be fantastic news? At least they let us know they don’t have a build date for us.

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the news is that there is no news... honestly would've been happier if they would've just pushed back to '22 so I could stop worrying about when mine will be built.
Seriously what good is a Bronco in December? Unless you live in Arizona.

Tory Brecht

Wildtrak
First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Things not addressed in the 5/28/21 communication:

What about current scheduled orders: We have been told by our zone managers that if you currently have a VIN you are OK and the hard top issue should NOT affect you. Of course, this is not in writing but has been verbally confirmed by at least 2 reps.

What about FEs that haven’t been scheduled yet: Again, non-confirmed information is that a large chunk of these will be looked at next week when another round of scheduling happens. Not sure if it will be the balance of what’s left or just a portion.

Am I screwed if I’m a WT or 2 door: Neither the email nor associated FAQ address this question except for FE orders. There has been no information to say yes or no but several of us believe you may be hosed. I hope additional communication comes out to address this.

If I change tops will it get built: No, sort of. The FAQ plainly states you have a better chance of getting built if you have a 4 door, soft top and none of the restricted commodities. There is no guarantee changing these will get you built as dealer allocation and time stamp are still major factors.

Allocation: Ford states they intend to continue to schedule as many builds as they can within the production capacity and commodity constraints. We have heard they intend to fill dealer allocation numbers regardless if a customer walks away from the order or not. This could mean the dealer has a unit on the lot that they are free to sell. What it doesn’t mean is there is some sort of dirty deal between Ford and the dealers. If we tell Ford a customer wants the vehicle, they are going to build and ship it. Customer decides not to take delivery it’s still our problem.

Production: Ford is going to build as many units as possible but is likely to miss the targets they set at the beginning. There are no figures available to say how far short of the target they will be as several factors have impacted this.

What happens if you don’t get a ’21: No information has been provided to us yet to answer this. We assume they will have 2 more rounds of scheduling to fill out the ’21 model year. They may ask us to reconfirm ’22 model orders and make changes as needed. Nothing has been communicated related to time stamps, however we assume they will try to build ’22 models with consideration to commodity availability and time stamp.
Here is the crux of what's bullshit:

Production: Ford is going to build as many units as possible but is likely to miss the targets they set at the beginning. There are no figures available to say how far short of the target they will be as several factors have impacted this.

This is unadulterated B.S.

SOMEONE -- actually, MANY someones in board rooms and on factory floors - has run numbers and done estimates and has an idea of what they can produce given current supplier constraints and work orders. There is absolutely zero chance there isn't a target number, best-case scenarios and worst-case scenarios written down on paper. Now, the reason they probably don't want to share that is having been burned by over promising on deadlines in the past, and I get that. But I hate being talked to like I'm stupid, and Ford thinking that we think they have NO IDEA of what their production pace is going to look like for the next several months is beyond ludicrous.

//end rant :)
Sponsored

Last edited: