mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will have hope when b&p lets me add manual trans with sasquatch.
Sponsored

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked Ford this morning what this meant for Wildtrak and 2 door customers since there currently isn't an option for soft tops on them. He didn't know the answer to that and said he'd get back with us. He simply said we should try to switch everyone to the soft top if we could and if they wanted a chance at a Bronco this year.

I haven't read this entire thread, so it could've been stated already, but I will add this part that isn't going to be popular. Given the number of units currently in the queue that have constraints, Ford is going to allow dealers to put in "stock" orders with the hopes they get pulled so the plant is at capacity. I heard that rumor yesterday, and actually tried to put one in WBDO, but we didn't have the option to choose "stock" as the order type. Supposedly within a few days, they will have that changed just like every other model we order. To put in simpler terms, say a dealer is allocated 10 units for a build cycle, but only 5 orders get scheduled because of constraints. If that dealer has stock builds in the system that are buildable, those will get pulled to fill the total allocation of 10.

I assume most dealers will simply put in a bunch of 2.3L, soft top 4 doors with minimal constraint items. Don't shoot the messenger.
😳

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What about maybe offering a solution vs. a problem identification regarding the hard-top to customers.

Say maybe if you switch your order to Bronco with soft-top that is "hard-top ready" (e.g. comes with connections for wiper and fluid installed).

Would need to add this option - "hard-top ready" in build and price and provide dealer delivered pricing for both MIC and Modular hard tops when available.

My guess is that would get people to switch ASAP. Thus allowing you to fill more early adopter orders and more happy customers.
Because if they did that most everyone would take them up on it and then they’d be out of soft tops as well, and no Broncos would be built.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing.

Do you know if dealers will lose their allocations if they fail to submit enough stock orders? In other words, can they choose to leave reservations in play longer?
Using my allocation as an example. 7 of my 17 have VINs. When the next preview or whatever they are going to call it happens, just say I get the other 10. Of those 10, we might only be able to get 7 of those built as they are now and assume no one else will change their order to fill the other 3. They are going to offer me 3 units we can configure (soft, 2.3, auto, 4 door, mid or high, no tow, etc) basically, stuff they have plenty of parts to build. Theoretically, if all of this even happens, we get the 3 built for stock or we decline them and they go back into the pool and would be offered to other dealers in my zone or region.

Not sure if by declining excess '21 allocation will impact '22 allocation but I'm not willing to take any chances since it would impact my other '22 customers. By going to off-roadeo we get additional allocation for '22. Nick and I went on the 10th, our GM and a salesman got back yesterday and we might send 2 more groups yet. It's costing us about $1K per person but if it helps us get more for our '22 peeps, all the better.

Sponsored

Eric L

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2017 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

38 pages of blah blah blah.....

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
yay everyone is a 'Priority' at free off-roadeo!

"They don't mention that you still have to pay your own flight and pay $300 a night at their preferred hotel."

oh, nevermind.

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Switching vendors is not even remotely possible. Sure, if the plan is for the new vendor to make them for 2023.

Ford did state they spent millions to fix the roof supply issues. You can take that with a grain of salt, but they did state they are fixing supply issues.

With a product that will be made in such large quantities (10s of thousands a year), switching vendors, factories, processes, etc. is a massive undertaking. They can't just have a meeting one night and decide to cancel Webasto and start with someone new next week. Nor can they implement a change that will fix the supply issue overnight.

If it was as simple as that, wouldn't they have done it already? Any delay is not helping Ford either.
Agreed just can't believe they didn't see this problem coming down the pipe who was asleep and didn't sound the alarm

BmoreCmore

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Scatpack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So if you want a bronco now, you have to order the most “Bare Bones, Basic Bronco” that not a lot of people want. Lol

Sponsored

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I got 4 out of 7. Looks like we in this long haul together. Smoke em if you got em.
6/7 for me and it would have been 7/7 if I could get the tow package.

T Neil

Outer Banks
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover, LR3 HSE, 2011 BMW 335IS, KTM SAS 1290
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
blaming everything on webasto :rolleyes: email reads like BN wrote it.
This is the second time this week that Webasto got me. Boat heater failed after 4 years. Now the hardtop. Damn it.

Seriously, I can only hold Ford accountable. This production (lack of production) issue has been known for months, possibly 8 months now, and still they can not get over 40 unit molded in one day? Old Henry Ford would be left scratching his head on that one.

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They could make the hard top shortage a non-issue for a lot of people if ordering the soft top came pre-wired to support the rear defroster and wiper. Then when you can finally get a hard top you’re good to go.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The next shoe to drop will be Ford announcing that 20% names not matching the reservation will be upped to 50% so the dealers can sell the Broncos that the original reservation holders dropped out of.
Sponsored