R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel bad for some of the FE people waiting.
My thought Ford should of built the FEs only as 21s then started the rest as 22s.
Love what you wrote!!
I'm not sure why you would feel bad for FE. They will get theirs built while WT/Badlands reservations placed at the same time or earlier are currently in limbo with no clue of whether or not they will be built in 2021.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man, I hate to have to make this thread. I 100% get the frustration and disappointment, itā€™s upsetting to not know when we are getting our rides. But I think that stepping back for a little bit of perspective on this whole thing can help people soothe their minds a little bit. Why are we so upset? Itā€™s because Ford did such a damn good job with designing this rig. They couldā€™ve EASILY taken the Bronco name, thrown it on the Sport, and said ā€œHey we did better than Chevy with the Blazer didnā€™t we?ā€ They couldā€™ve done a rebadged Ford Everest too. They couldā€™ve done kind of a mix of an Everest and the Bronco that we got that would be more like a 4Runner.

But they didnā€™t. They went balls to the wall, and gave us the Bronco that probably 95% of us that are still here wanted. They one upped Jeep, made the roof easier to remove and lighter, and added the middle roof panel. They added Sasquatch on all trims. V6 on all trims. They couldā€™ve done a standard launch over reservations, where dealerships wouldā€™ve had literal fistfights over Broncos as soon as they arrived. And right now, Ford is literally paying the price for being a bit too innovative with providing the vehicle we didnā€™t know we wanted. They have dumped BILLIONS of dollars into Bronco, and so far their return has been a few million dollars in reservations. If there was a way for them to snap their fingers and get everyone their Bronco tomorrow they would do it. But with covid and the absolutely disastrous implications on global supply chains that itā€™s had, the fact that Broncos are still scheduled to start being built in just over a month shows that they are giving it their all. Iā€™m not sure what people expected Ford to say with their statement today, I think any of us who spend enough time here knew that a lot of things are up in the air right now. Ford has definitely been overly optimistic in their statements previously, and I think theyā€™ve had to come to terms that they just need to be truthful in that they really donā€™t know when a lot of these Broncos will be built. Thatā€™s exactly what todayā€™s statement is, and I can assure you it comes from the heart. Remember that the people at Ford who got this Bronco made are all Bronco enthusiasts themselves, they want their orders too and theyā€™re going to be wheeling right alongside us down the road. So letā€™s give them a little consideration and understanding for how monumental of a challenge this must be for them.

And I know Iā€™ve said this before, but Iā€™m going to repeat it here. How damn lucky are we to even have the opportunity to buy a Bronco? To be born in the best (Or 2nd and 3rd best for our friends North and South of the border šŸ˜‰) damn country in the world. To have the means to afford a vehicle like this, to have friends and family members that put up with our constant conversations about a vehicle that only exists in our minds. And of course Iā€™m personally thankful for all of you guys to help kill time while working from home and making this 5 year wait breeze by. Bronco wouldnā€™t exist without this community, and I want to see a community built on having a damn good time, not this reaction. Feel free to roast me or do whatever but I just had to rant a little bit lol.
How do you like working at Ford? Do they offer good stock options?

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know itā€™s hard, but if this whole thing is really pissing you off and causing you mental anguish then really the best thing to do is forget about it. Kinda like my crypto balancešŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜‚. Was in the habit of checking it everyday just for shits and giggles, now after the bottom fell out last week Iā€™m just pretending it doesnā€™t even exist. And hopefully in a year from now Iā€™ll open my crypto wallets and be rich!

So maybe it would be helpful to pretend your reservation/order doesnā€™t exist, until one day you get that glorious email. Or if youā€™re in a tough spot and need a vehicle now, then just completely walk away.šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø The Bronco will be readily available in a few years whenever you want to come back. (Although good luck finding exactly what you want on a dealer lot, or not way overpaying on a used car.)

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man, I hate to have to make this thread. I 100% get the frustration and disappointment, ā€¦.
Trust me I get what you are saying and would be fine with all of it. Iā€™m pissed about all the ā€œby the wayā€ crap like dealer allocation, priority orders , and the new VIP orders. And now there is rumors of dealer inventory coming this year. To be a day one early res and get pushed to 2022, Ford will have to kiss my white ass

Sponsored

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know itā€™s hard, but if this whole thing is really pissing you off and causing you mental anguish then really the best thing to do is forget about it. Kinda like my crypto balancešŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜‚. Was in the habit of checking it everyday just for shits and giggles, now after the bottom fell out last week Iā€™m just pretending it doesnā€™t even exist. And hopefully in a year from now Iā€™ll open my crypto wallets and be rich!

So maybe it would be helpful to pretend your reservation/order doesnā€™t exist, until one day you get that glorious email. Or if youā€™re in a tough spot and need a vehicle now, then just completely walk away.šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø The Bronco will be readily available in a few years whenever you want to come back. (Although good luck finding exactly what you want on a dealer lot, or not way overpaying on a used car.)
Was hoping to use some crypto assets to help pay for the Bronco and itā€™s not looking good now but maybe by the time I get the Bronco it will help. Fingers crossed for both of us!

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
How do you like working at Ford? Do they offer good stock options?
LOL. I wish I had a job at Ford, would be pretty fun. In full transparency I do have a connection at Ford, who I consider a friend and someone who really does care about the community. I wrote this whole thing without his input. I actually wrote it because of what my dad said to me.
Ford Bronco Thank God Ford bit off more than they could chew 8C42DC30-2384-49C0-93B2-42E87C3BFAC2

My dad spends basically zero time here and it really saddens me to have that be your first impression when arriving at this website.

@Nickp

Isnā€™t 200K X50K a billion? Lol now we can debate average cost and the amount of reservations but the ā€œfew millionā€ is understating things just a bit.
Iā€™m referring to the actual money in hand from reservations not future income.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Nickp i donā€™t like you right now.
I canā€™t blame ya my man, Iā€™m 100% biased towards Ford and I give them a lot more consideration than they probably deserve. But with the plans B6G has I want to make sure weā€™ve got an upbeat community. Itā€™s one thing to voice displeasure but the absolute toxicity of the email thread is another.
Sponsored