First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for the response and educating me.
Also, if you happen to use them when driving in poor conditions on a road (think mountain drives in the snow), and you can't flip them off fast enough then the Amber doesn't bother the oncoming driver as much.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have experience/thoughts about the bumper vs roof kits?
I like the bumper kit, but other than overhanging trees and the price difference, I think the roof is an overall a safer (theft/damage) place to have lights with better throw.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone have experience/thoughts about the bumper vs roof kits?
I like the bumper kit, but other than overhanging trees and the price difference, I think the roof is an overall a safer (theft/damage) place to have lights with better throw.
I'd say that's a safe assumption, however, Baja Designs does offer some more theftproof hardware in case you don't like how the bumper assembly is - https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Security-Hardware-Kits.asp

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if I can get a bracket for just the squadrons to be tucked up in the corner tight on the modular bumper. I don’t need the extra lighting and I want to be able to remove the end caps and still get some extra clearance.

If not, I am sure I can build something! Stuff looks good!

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With this lighting solution, i'm sticking with the Ford modular bumper since i can get fog lights without giving up the uniquely bronco identity of the bumper. One of the issues with the aftermarket options is that they change the character of the bronco in serious ways...any solution that preserves the true nature of the bronco over the competition will take priority for me.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Baja Designs Lighting Kits Launched For 2021 Bronco 447751_l2

Sorry (not sorry) but this single bolt POS looks like over priced Pep Boys junk that would wiggle wobble all over and break off. No way I'm putting crap like this on my Bronco.

Sponsored

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
447751_l2.jpg

Sorry (not sorry) but this single bolt POS looks like over priced Pep Boys junk that would wiggle wobble all over and break off. No way I'm putting crap like this on my Bronco.
I agree it looks bad on the Bronco, but Baja Designs, especially their Pro line is much preferred by Baja racers. Compare the output, longevity and warranty to Pep Boys and you'll see why they cost so much more. You really get what you pay for when it comes to aftermarket lighting, they may not be worth it for how you use your vehicle, but they can be lifesaving in more ways than one.

I've been running my BD lights (all of their low end models) and they have never let me down and they've been sitting in TX sun for over 3 years.

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Lighting Kits Launched For 2021 Bronco IMG_0644-XL

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With this lighting solution, i'm sticking with the Ford modular bumper since i can get fog lights without giving up the uniquely bronco identity of the bumper. One of the issues with the aftermarket options is that they change the character of the bronco in serious ways...any solution that preserves the true nature of the bronco over the competition will take priority for me.
I want to make sure I am understanding. The “Fog Pocket Kit” is intended to fit in the space on the OEM heavy duty modular bumper. Is that correct? Seems like a dumb question, but the Baja Designs web site doesn’t exactly say that. For example, maybe it’s intended to fit the stock bumper. Another question for those that have installed Baja Designs stuff, is it fairly straight forward to install? In any case, I do like the Fog Pocket Kit. But I won’t be getting my WT until next year, so perhaps there will be others to chose from by then. Thanks, in advance, for answering my questions.

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey everyone!

Man, this thread took off quicker than we could get in here to keep up with. Lots of great feedback and questions. I don't think I can get to all of them today, but I want to address two quick points in regard to these kits.

First, the comment on roof versus bumper applications. We generally recommend that 80% of your lighting package should be below your hood line. The best place for most people to start if off the bumper, and build your way up as needed. A-pillar and roof mounted lights are fantastic at casting light down range and over obstacles, but anything above the hoodline tends to contribute more glare off the hood, trim, and particulate in the air (dust, fog, snow, etc.). In offroad conditions, you can generally run your bumper lights all night without issue. However, the roof mounted lights are typically only turned on as needed in order to avoid eye fatigue from the potential glare.

Second, our fog pocket kit options. The Sportsmen is the entry level offroad package, with a lower intensity combination of lights for those that just want a bit more of a visible and safe light package to get to and from camp, or around trails casually. As you get into more serious offroading, with dedicated night wheeling, we recommend stepping up to the Pro kit, which provides a much more intense array of lights. The SAE is the last of the trio, geared more towards street/offroad hybrid use. The SAE Squadron is a road-compliant light that is paired with two dedicated off road lights for a very functional kit. Users are able to connect these to the upfitter/auxiliary switches provided by Ford, or use an available BD harness to put switches anywhere else in the cab. Some users also choose to custom splice into their brights/fogs/running lights - depending what they are driving.

Sidebars:
Apologies the "photoshopping" is not up to your standards. That first image was actually produced in a very cool rendering software in which we are able to make custom environments and mock up some very useful images. That photo set was created before we could get our hands on a live vehicle, and gave us a big leg up in getting these lights out to you guys ASAP.

Believe it or not, it is VERY difficult for us to get our hands on vehicles light these before they launch. Typically it involves sending our engineers out across the country to measure and test fit in a fairly painstaking series of visits.

Price - You are correct. These lights are not cheap. They are not junk either. They come with a lifetime warranty, the very best components that we can source, and a large amount of the machining, assembly and development all being conducted in San Diego, CA. You won't find lights built to this quality, from a company with a heritage like ours, all with pre and post sale support that we put literal blood, sweat, and tears into.

Please let me know if you guys have any specific questions that I can help answer. Stay tuned in the next week or so. We will be releasing a bunch of new info to help you guys make an educated decision on what to purchase. I definitely recommended signing up for our newsletter if you are interested in staying up to date with our movement.

-CF

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey everyone!

Man, this thread took off quicker than we could get in here to keep up with. Lots of great feedback and questions. I don't think I can get to all of them today, but I want to address two quick points in regard to these kits.

First, the comment on roof versus bumper applications. We generally recommend that 80% of your lighting package should be below your hood line. The best place for most people to start if off the bumper, and build your way up as needed. A-pillar and roof mounted lights are fantastic at casting light down range and over obstacles, but anything above the hoodline tends to contribute more glare off the hood, trim, and particulate in the air (dust, fog, snow, etc.). In offroad conditions, you can generally run your bumper lights all night without issue. However, the roof mounted lights are typically only turned on as needed in order to avoid eye fatigue from the potential glare.

Second, our fog pocket kit options. The Sportsmen is the entry level offroad package, with a lower intensity combination of lights for those that just want a bit more of a visible and safe light package to get to and from camp, or around trails casually. As you get into more serious offroading, with dedicated night wheeling, we recommend stepping up to the Pro kit, which provides a much more intense array of lights. The SAE is the last of the trio, geared more towards street/offroad hybrid use. The SAE Squadron is a road-compliant light that is paired with two dedicated off road lights for a very functional kit. Users are able to connect these to the upfitter/auxiliary switches provided by Ford, or use an available BD harness to put switches anywhere else in the cab. Some users also choose to custom splice into their brights/fogs/running lights - depending what they are driving.

Sidebars:
Apologies the "photoshopping" is not up to your standards. That first image was actually produced in a very cool rendering software in which we are able to make custom environments and mock up some very useful images. That photo set was created before we could get our hands on a live vehicle, and gave us a big leg up in getting these lights out to you guys ASAP.

Believe it or not, it is VERY difficult for us to get our hands on vehicles light these before they launch. Typically it involves sending our engineers out across the country to measure and test fit in a fairly painstaking series of visits.

Price - You are correct. These lights are not cheap. They are not junk either. They come with a lifetime warranty, the very best components that we can source, and a large amount of the machining, assembly and development all being conducted in San Diego, CA. You won't find lights built to this quality, from a company with a heritage like ours, all with pre and post sale support that we put literal blood, sweat, and tears into.

Please let me know if you guys have any specific questions that I can help answer. Stay tuned in the next week or so. We will be releasing a bunch of new info to help you guys make an educated decision on what to purchase. I definitely recommended signing up for our newsletter if you are interested in staying up to date with our movement.

Can't wait to get my Lp4's for on the pillars

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I want to make sure I am understanding. The “Fog Pocket Kit” is intended to fit in the space on the OEM heavy duty modular bumper. Is that correct? Seems like a dumb question, but the Baja Designs web site doesn’t exactly say that. For example, maybe it’s intended to fit the stock bumper. Another question for those that have installed Baja Designs stuff, is it fairly straight forward to install? In any case, I do like the Fog Pocket Kit. But I won’t be getting my WT until next year, so perhaps there will be others to chose from by then. Thanks, in advance, for answering my questions.
You are correct the website doesn’t specifically say it and may be it’s too presumptuous on my part to make that assumption but it seems to be the only logical conclusion otherwise I’m not sure what they are trying to sell us.
Like you I’m getting the Wildtrak in 2022 or whenever it’s ready so we shall see how it looks on the 2021 version.
Sponsored