Sponsored

They should offer hardtop retrofit kit (with connection / switches preinstalled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would go with a soft top if Ford ran the wiring for the wiper and plumbing for windshield washer and then provided a reduced cost for the MIC top and free installation of the hardtop when available.
Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I asked my contact at Ford about this a few months ago and he said it wasn’t likely to happen but it was something they looked into.

Honestly I can’t even remember the last time I used my rear wiper. I’ll probably swap to a soft top and either live with it or add the hard top and who cares about the rear washer 🤷‍♂️
Northeast here. I don’t care about the wiper either but I need the rear defroster. Does it not include a rear defroster?

Deleted member 19381

I am frustrated at this point and am considering other options including a different vehicle... boiling it down to either a Lincoln Corsair GT PHEV or Mustang Mach E AWD with the 88 kwh battery pack option.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do “we” keep going over this again snd again?

Oh wait, I know….this is B6g.

Reactions: RG7

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked my contact at Ford about this a few months ago and he said it wasn’t likely to happen but it was something they looked into.

Honestly I can’t even remember the last time I used my rear wiper. I’ll probably swap to a soft top and either live with it or add the hard top and who cares about the rear washer 🤷‍♂️
Darn it Nick! As someone who lives in Cleveland but has experienced the sunny weather in Phoenix this statement makes me all types of jealous. Yesterday it was 48 and pouring... and it’s almost June!!

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Northeast here. I don’t care about the wiper either but I need the rear defroster. Does it not include a rear defroster?
The rear defrost is with the hookups yes.

I honestly don’t even know if I’ve used a rear defrost in my life lol which is why I didn’t even mention it.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Darn it Nick! As someone who lives in Cleveland but has experienced the sunny weather in Phoenix this statement makes me all types of jealous. Yesterday it was 48 and pouring... and it’s almost June!!
Honestly with it starting to get in the mid 100’s next week I’d take some rain and cooler weather 😂😂😂😂

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you can barely see out of the back window so that tiny ass wiper and defrost are pointless. Just get a review mirror where it has a back camera and a rearview video on 100% of the time. Will be able to see everything behind you with a better view

Ford Bronco They should offer hardtop retrofit kit (with connection / switches preinstalled) 1622299874058

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would gladly add a Soft-Top now if I could get my Bronco sooner. Seeing I'm switching to order both I would like a discount later when my hardtop comes in! Let's pre-wire the soft-tops for wiper and washer.
Ditto

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

you can barely see out of the back window so that tiny ass wiper and defrost are pointless. Just get a review mirror where it has a back camera and a rearview video on 100% of the time. Will be able to see everything behind you with a better view

Ford Bronco They should offer hardtop retrofit kit (with connection / switches preinstalled) 1622299874058
Have a link beside the embedded picture?

Sponsored

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Let’s us use the Ford cash to buy a softy top, have wiring setup for hard top and take delivery of first edition with soft top, wait for hard top delivery.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
do we really know if the plant is building below capacity because there are no soft top orders left to fill?

I kind of doubt it.
Definitely not the case. 9/20 reservation with soft top, 2.7, mid, Sasquatch, tow, no email. Although I was previewing the week the 5/20 orders went out. Once mine gets assigned a VIN I’m sure they will be towards the end of the soft tops. What was it, something like 5% of the orders were soft top only? That’s still about 6-7k orders that can be filled, along with the MICs that have already been produced. Hopefully I can get bumped up but I don’t think they’ve exhausted the production at MAP yet and are just waiting on more hard tops.

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would gladly add a Soft-Top now if I could get my Bronco sooner. Seeing I'm switching to order both I would like a discount later when my hardtop comes in! Let's pre-wire the soft-tops for wiper and washer.
RIDICULOUS!

The LAST things Ford wants to do are:

1) Spend time and money wiring soft top vehicles to accommodate hard tops
2) Worry about customers AFTER their vehicle has shipped
3) Ship a bunch of hradtops later and sell for a discount

REALITY

a) Enough people will change their orders (softtops, 2.3, etc) to keep full production going
b) Customer orders (obligations) will continue to get filled
c) People that want hardtops, Squatch, 2.7L, etc will wait a little longer
d) Entitled folks will piss & moan until their Broncos arrive
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.