Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Even without the past year with Covid, Ford is rolling out many new vehicles all at once with the Maverick, Bronco, new Raptor editions (F150, Bronco, Possibly Ranger), EV Mustang and F150s. Spreading the resources real thin at the moment, especially to have accepted untold amounts of upfront deposits to collect interest in the bank! Regardless, I'll wait until a Ranger Raptor could possibly sway me away. Most likely stay with Bronco!
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The email I got says that Ford was a victim and is spending money to, someday, in an unspecified amount of time, but not soon, to make Broncos. It also says that they aren't going to give us delivery estimates that they explicitly promised because it is too hard. It contained exactly no concessions, no apologies, and the last second telling us they won't be fulfilling any thing they contracted in a timely manner is obviously in preparation to flood dealers with stock this Summer. Oh yeah... They remained silent until they couldn't hide it anymore, that was also clearly stated in the email I got. Shows contempt and indifference towards the folks that needed an estimate to decide if they could limp their current vehicle to delivery time, screwed people who put down non refundable deposits who have no timeline at all and did all of this at the end of day before a long Holiday weekend so they could hide for a few more days. The person who drafted that email is probably getting a bonus for deflection well done.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...especially to have accepted untold amounts of upfront deposits to collect interest in the bank!
One minor correction: even though you made your reservation online, the (fully-refundable) $100 went directly to the dealer you chose, so Ford did not reap any windfall here. And for a company that had $155 billion in sales, interest on $20 million (even at a very generous 2%, that's just $400,000 per year) doesn't even show up as a rounding error, let alone cover the incentives, freebies and other things Ford has offered up to make peace. Heck, the whole $20 million doesn't even cover that.

dmalaquias

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Porsche Cayenne S, Audi Allroad
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think we all agree that Ford did a great job designing it or we all simply wouldn't be here. They did a great job hyping it, they developed it as a sub-brand (thus placing themselves in the position of ensuring this rollout goes smoothly), heck they've even convinced 100+ dealers to build specialized Bronco only showrooms. The result was nearly 200K reservations of which the vast majority converted to orders. And yes, for most of us it was more than that $100 reservation fee - I myself am sitting with a $2500 non-refundable deposit. Maybe some of that thought and energy should have gone to supply chain planning. The whole Just in Time manufacturing process clearly didn't work in this case - even acknowledging the pandemic. I agree with the many who have stated that Ford's communication has sucked. Plain and simple. We've all been waiting for almost a year now (I realize we all knew summer "21 was when they'd start being delivered) but now what, wait another year for it? Hopefully it will be sooner than that but none of us know. And that's the point. How long do we simply stay on the hook? What happened to the bespoke Bronco where no two would be alike due to the plethora of options - they'll all be the same as they're limited to the couple they can actually produce.

@Ford, I'm not mad, I'm simply disappointed in you. Screw that - I'm mad too.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think people keep forgetting Covid ACTUALLY HAPPENED and has effected the supply chain pretty hard. Could things have been done a bit smoother? Sure. I think people need to step back, chill out and get a reality check.
You guys are in for a rude awakening when you realize COVID has almost nothing to do with the current shortages..

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The result was nearly 200K reservations of which the vast majority converted to orders. And yes, for most of us it was more than that $100 reservation fee - I myself am sitting with a $2500 non-refundable deposit.
That was an unfortunate move on your part. And it kind of screws over the rest of us, by making that sort of arrangement more acceptable and expected by car companies and dealers.

I have no reservation. No way I was making one. And the minute some dealer wanted 1k plus for a vehicle that was still kind of vaporware, was the time to say "see ya".

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well said. Perfect, actually.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One minor correction: even though you made your reservation online, the (fully-refundable) $100 went directly to the dealer you chose, so Ford did not reap any windfall here. And for a company that had $155 billion in sales, interest on $20 million (even at a very generous 2%, that's just $400,000 per year) doesn't even show up as a rounding error, let alone cover the incentives, freebies and other things Ford has offered up to make peace. Heck, the whole $20 million doesn't even cover that.
Who got freebies? I didn't get any freebies. Hell, i didn't even get the email.

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
How do you like working at Ford? Do they offer good stock options?
What’s funny about that statement is ...could you imagine what it would be like if you where on the Bronco Nation forum . They are probably banning a lot of members Right about now 😳

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

LOL. Because Subaru doesn't make anything exciting to the point that a cyber launch is warranted. BTW, they can't even make valve springs work correctly...
I guess you don’t know about forester XT or wilderness outback bruh.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs