Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love all the fastbacks and the fact you can’t order a fastback from the factory...

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought there were no ext cab gen 3 Raptors?

Big ragu

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Where are the Hard Tops?

aaw33.JPG

qwe3.gif
for one cannot complain. When ordering first opened we all knew tops were going to be an issue. If you wanted a painted top you had to wait. When i decided i wanted a my21 over waiting till 22 i did a new reservation Feb 14th 2021. Ordered Mar. 1st with soft top and got a build date of 6/21. If you want a my21 just switch to the soft top. Ford isnt the only company in this boat. Its easier to get a Bronco than it is to get a Telluride.

Sponsored

Big ragu

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

for one cannot complain. When ordering first opened we all knew tops were going to be an issue. If you wanted a painted top you had to wait. When i decided i wanted a my21 over waiting till 22 i did a new reservation Feb 14th 2021. Ordered Mar. 1st with soft top and got a build date of 6/21. If you want a my21 just switch to the soft top. Ford isnt the only company in this boat. Its easier to get a Bronco than it is to get a Telluride.
That crying bear is perfect lol

stpetermatt

Base
First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
With all these units at MAP...why cant they ship some out so people can see them?

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That 2 door fastback is growing on me... and honestly how often does one really need the wipers? so many vehicles just don't have them anyway... drop the price a grand, offer it in tan or white to go with next years green and I'd be sold :ROFLMAO:

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have no desire at all for a soft top... And then I retracted the roof at a dealer event in like 8 seconds. I'd be all over it if they included the hookups. Come on Ford!

Ford Bronco SPOTTED: MAP Broncos & 4DR Wildtrak vs F150 Raptor Comparison do-it-just-do-it (1)

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me clarify, they've essentially said "you want it, you gotta switch"
But there is literally no factory soft top option for the 2dr, so what exactly do I get to switch to? a 4dr that bumps my price up a couple grand, just so I can now have a factory soft top as an option?

No thanks, I guess I just gotta wait.

I have zero info on this, but from what we have read, they are making SOME hard tops, but not many....they obviously need MANY many.

My gut feeling is, because there is no other option for 2dr buyers right now, Ford/Webasto is focusing on making only those tops and just enough 4 door tops for 4dr FE customers, once those two numbers are fulfilled, they'll put whatever tops they can get into the build que.

4 door soft top buyers get a FastPass to the front of the line.

Right after I decided a baseBase was the rig for me, the term "commodity shortage" started getting thrown around in Ford memos.
I used to joke about my 2dr baseBase being build #7001 , right behind all the FE's..... boy was I wrong.

Cmo

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford was smart, they build all the Bronco's with necessary plumbing and electrical connections for the hard top and offer the consumer the option of buying the soft top at a discounted rate and ship hard top at a later date?? This way, we all get our Bronco's?? Just a thought. Tired of this shit show already!
I agree I thinks it’s more than a roof issue. If they offered the hookups at an extra charge and people switched to the soft tops they would make extra money when the customers bought the hard tops. So that being said they have an opportunity to make extra money but they haven’t went that route..... 🤔

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know what state you are in, but I can get a Telluride on Tuesday if I wanted. The factory soft top is crap, so why get something I will throw away? The Bestop Retractable Fastback looks way better and is more functional. One day I will might want to roof mount gear or the person I sell it to will so Ford has stuck people with getting a hardtop from factory. Great for you to jump on here for the first time and gloat about jumping the line....and for the umpteenth time your order date doesn't matter!

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great pics, thanks for sharing. I would pay the extra for the Bestop soft top and take delivery of my hardtop later to get the Bronco sooner as many have stated. But that would only be the Bestop. The factory soft top isn’t my cup of tea. There are likely lots of reasons this isn’t happening, but 1. They likely don’t have enough harnesses to equip all Broncos with hard top plugs. 2. The suppliers cant build enough soft tops in the available timeframe. Ford wouldn’t want to create another issue trying to fix the existing problem. I am worried the even my June build will end up way late because of the Webasto debacle. Order date definitely matters btw. It’s just so messed up that it distorted everything. I intentionally took off towing and avoided Lux, plus moved my order to a dealer where I was #1 in line (that was not intentional, didn’t know at the time where I would be in their allotted Broncos). Seems like an outside possibility I get it before the late August Detroit “Dream Cruise “ 🤞🏽

Last edited:

BadlandsBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Suzuki Samurai Modified, 2017 F-250 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why Doesn't Ford contract Bestop to crank out a shitload of 2D soft tops?
Sponsored