Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

going this route...removing the BD sticker and having it drilled.
Screenshot_20210413-181545.jpg

Ohhh, that's exactly what I want as well. I'd like to swap that chrome plastic Bronco on the back for a black one too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BadlandsBill

BadlandsBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Suzuki Samurai Modified, 2017 F-250 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that flat on the back, or are there mounting pegs? All the ones I found have pegs that would need to be cut off.

If flat, is adhesive already on it?

And where did you get it?

Thanks!
There are pegs on the back same as OEM. So you take these, a 2X4, and a sheet of paper, press emblem onto paper on top of wood 2X4. Then you have pattern of pegs to drill into your fender, not for the faint of heart. Remove fender, place paper where you want, trace punch holes onto fender then drill with slightly larger bit. This emblem is cast metal, not plastic. The chrome plating is very good. From Tom’s Off-road $25 each.

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are pegs on the back same as OEM. So you take these, a 2X4, and a sheet of paper, press emblem onto paper on top of wood 2X4. Then you have pattern of pegs to drill into your fender, not for the faint of heart. Remove fender, place paper where you want, trace punch holes onto fender then drill with slightly larger bit. This emblem is cast metal, not plastic. The chrome plating is very good. From Tom’s Off-road $25 each.
Why not just use a dremel to take the pegs off then use 3m double sided tape to adhere. That way you aren’t compromising your paint with an irreversible mod.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a 3M adhesive on the back - I got a pair too for my Big Bend! They were made by a founding member of our “True Broncos are Two Doors” group. I believe he only offered them to folks buying the Two Door Bronco. ;)

They’re about 2.75” in diameter..... heavy - steel, not plastic.

44C66136-3E60-4D59-AC17-91372F3E9539.jpeg
Can you link us? I've got a 2 door Badlands on order. True Broncos are 2 doors.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can you link us? I've got a 2 door Badlands on order. True Broncos are 2 doors.
I actually killed my FB Account since; I can send you the sellers contact info if you PM me though..... he’s in Florida. I owe him; he spent a fortune in shipping to Canada and promised he would never do so again.

Sponsored

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just checked Tom's and he has plenty of Bronco stuff

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There is a 3M adhesive on the back - I got a pair too for my Big Bend! They were made by a founding member of our “True Broncos are Two Doors” group. I believe he only offered them to folks buying the Two Door Bronco. ;)

They’re about 2.75” in diameter..... heavy - steel, not plastic.

44C66136-3E60-4D59-AC17-91372F3E9539.jpeg
Very nice. I might have to switch to a two door, just to get those. 🤔

OP
OP
BadlandsBill

BadlandsBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why not just use a dremel to take the pegs off then use 3m double sided tape to adhere. That way you aren’t compromising your paint with an irreversible mod.
I think that much double sided tape with all the intricate cuts would trap much dirt and dust over time. The peg method allows water under pressure to blast dirt out.

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think that much double sided tape with all the intricate cuts would trap much dirt and dust over time. The peg method allows water under pressure to blast dirt out.
Every modern emblem is put on this way with double sided tape. Why make a hole in your paint paint if you don’t have to? It’s an irreversible mod, you risk exposing bare metal, and asking for rust. At one point I headed detail at a major brand dealer, I’ve seen bad rust from the smallest exposure of bare metal.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BadlandsBill

BadlandsBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every modern emblem is put on this way with double sided tape. Why make a hole in your paint paint if you don’t have to? It’s an irreversible mod, you risk exposing bare metal, and asking for rust. At one point I headed detail at a major brand dealer, I’ve seen bad rust from the smallest exposure of bare metal.
Modern emblems have solid backs and work well with double sided tape. These have an open back which would reduce the tape contact area. Any holes drilled in the steel would require a light sanding on both sides to remove the burr and application of primer paint to prevent corrosion. I would add a dab of silicone sealant to the posts as well.

75F68EA4-B592-4167-B03F-5887E7345711.jpeg

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just wait for ones to be released that have 3m double sided tape on the back I wouldn’t drill holes in the bronco you got to worry about rust to if you drill.

OP
OP
BadlandsBill

BadlandsBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wait for ones to be released that have 3m double sided tape on the back I wouldn’t drill holes in the bronco you got to worry about rust to if you drill.
I have restored many vehicles in my life, this method is no big deal if you properly treat the raw steel Perforation. These are chrome plated steel, new ones with tape will no doubt be plastic. Bottom line do whatever you are comfortable with, this is the path I’ve chosen.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have restored many vehicles in my life, this method is no big deal if you properly treat the raw steel Perforation. These are chrome plated steel, new ones with tape will no doubt be plastic. Bottom line do whatever you are comfortable with, this is the path I’ve chosen.
Just seen there is a recall on 2021 f150 something about the steering gears locking up its not affecting all but some I would type your vin in to see if it’s part of the recall

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm doing this over my Wildtrack sticker

Ford Bronco My Bronco arrived! 75F68EA4-B592-4167-B03F-5887E7345711
That's the wrong bronco! If they can make the right one and in silver or black (instead of that weird gold then I'd buy...
Sponsored