Sponsored

My wife saw a Defender and liked it...oh boy...

ttboy

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so driving home after grocery shopping with wifey and my wife says..oh that looks interesting [shiny white 4dr Defender drives by us]...now granted my wife wife wants nothing to do with my reserved Bronco but knows how important it is to me...thing is her lease on her SUV ends end of next yr, so approx 6mths after I think my day four reservation/order is delivered...no way I can afford both....what do I do? She usually gets what she wants...
Sponsored

azbittel

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach E - Premium - AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you got the last new vehicle, she gets the Defneder (ewww). If she got the last new vehicle, you get the Bronco. But you need to convince her she wants the Bronco. Thats the real pro move.

Alternately, he (or in my wifes case she) who makes the money, chooses....

Thekev87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Watch "the fast lane" car reviewers youtube channel...there's literally an entire series about the defender the runner of the site bought....issues within 48 hours and 167 miles and about 10 more videos documenting more issues even in replacement vehicles.

So do what I had to do and explain to the wife that land rovers are shiny expensive garbage

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

happy wife happy life
IMHO this term is so overused. Should you do your best to try and make your wife happy? Absolutely! But if everything you’re doing to make your wife happy is in turn making you miserable then it is pointless...

Sponsored

cowinsawdents

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE, 19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

IMHO this term is so overused. Should you do your best to try and make your wife happy? Absolutely! But if everything you’re doing to make your wife happy is in turn making you miserable then it is pointless...
Guess I needed to spell this one out. Lets try another one...pick your battles. If you can't make your wife happy without making yourself miserable, you probably shouldn't be together. Which new car to buy seems like a dumb hill to die on.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A few thoughts, as someone who has researched them quite a lot and is still considering one (as I don't expect to get a 7/14 reservation MIC top Badlands this year):

- Don't drive one. They ride REALLY nicely and you'll want one... or she will even more.
- Fit/finish on the inside is fantastic.
- I'd take that "The Fast Lane" video in context. I would absolutely not suggest anyone get a 2020 Defender (first year "new"). They were plagued with many issues, mostly software-related, and they were truly unacceptably bad. Many/all have been sorted via software updates. I'm far less concerned about a 2022 model.
- Also worth noting my Escape had to have the entire engine replaced (fortunately under warranty) as coolant was leaking into cylinder 3. This is not an unusual failure, sadly. I've also been shocked to recently learn that many Subaru owners have no ends of problems with their cars. You're taking a chance with any manufacturer these days. FWIW.

Schmack B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you got the last new vehicle, she gets the Defneder (ewww). If she got the last new vehicle, you get the Bronco. But you need to convince her she wants the Bronco. Thats the real pro move.

Alternately, he (or in my wifes case she) who makes the money, chooses....
I am the opposite of this. I got the last new vehicle in the house(16 tacoma). Now it is her turn. I have talked her into a Bronco, she loves them. The only problem is she wants a completly different build than i would want her to get. She has ordered a 4dr Badlands with all options, i would want her to get a 2dr base. I know it is greedy of me because its her turn, but i want the right Bronco.

To make things even worse, this past Monday(Memorial day). I went to the Ford place to test drive a Ranger Tremor. I loved it, talked to them, and with the way used car trades are going they were going to give me 30k for my Tacoma i bought for 38k 5 years and 70k ago. Along with the 2k they were going to take off the ranger and the 30k, I would have got a new Ranger for 8 grand plus taxes and fees. I almost could not resit, i would have been in the dog house for a month.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You get a second job and get both... easy solution. 😉

grewhi

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati MC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The proper quote should be "Unhappy wife, Unhappy life" as if she is miserable I'm sure as hell sure your life sucks.
Sponsored