Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love that Ford is doing a school. But they should really consider making it seem more generous, as a pure marketing, brand-loyalty tactic.

I went with a buddy to pick up his BMW M3 in Spartanburg, SC and took the half-day M Performance School. Free pickup at the Greenville Airport in a 7 series, free dinner and drinks at the Marriot hotel, free night at the hotel, free breakfast, free ride to the school, then free instruction from race-car drivers, and free drive-courses, including trying to spin out a 3 series on a skid-pad wet down to show off traction control, an X3/X5 off road course, M3 cones slalom course, and a hot lap ride in an M6. Then a free tour of the factory. That experience makes someone who was apathetic on Beamers, or even didn't like them before, change their thinking about the entire brand. (Same for our earlier factory delivery of the M3 in Munich, which was an insane free food and beer spread, and of course, insurance to punch it around Europe for up to a month, and the ability to drop it off at various ports for shipping back to the US. Again, all free.)

Sure, the M3 he bought was about $65k at the time, but the top end of the Bronco lineup is up there as well. If Ford just said the school was free for the owner +1, that would make a big difference. $600 plus a damage waiver for the owner (and only up to $3500?!) is gonna seem like nickel and diming to a lot of people.

edit: Don't want to sound too negative, as again, it's a cool event. I'm of course still going to do it! Just see this as an opportunity for Ford to build brand loyalty.

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

??????

I don’t even know what to say at this point to some of this negativity.
Seriously. Why is everyone so upset. I'm excited to go. I was going to take a guest, but decided I didn't want to spend the money. So it will just be me touching a Bronco for the first time. I can't wait.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't reserve past Labor Day. I wonder if they just haven't opened up those days yet or is it going to be a seasonal event?

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reserved! Sept 4 & 5. Total was 601.56 We will be staying at an alternate location.

Sponsored

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm late to the party. Only midweek dates are left and I can't take 4 days off work midweek for it. I'd love to know when the next batch of dates is released.

EDIT: Looks like they're blocking out weekends if you try to reserve using a Sport purchase. They haven't verified my big Bronco yet, so I guess I'm SOL.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm curious about the scheduling of the day and half sessions. Are they running the Roadeo continuous 7 days a week? The second day session starts at 8am-12pm. Does that imply that the next round of participants will have their day 1 afternoon session that afternoon starting at 1:30pm? If not, then I don't understand why the early start. If it starts at 8am, then you'll have to be on the shuttle from Horseshoe Bay no later than 7:30am. That implies an early start of 5 or 6am to get going.

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm late to the party. Only midweek dates are left and I can't take 4 days off work midweek for it. I'd love to know when the next batch of dates is released.
I see every weekend in July & August available still

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Texas only, but you already knew what I was going to say.

Sponsored

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see every weekend in July & August available still
Ow wow, looks like they're blocking out weekends for me cuz I'm reserving using my Sport purchase. What a dick move.

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously. Why is everyone so upset. I'm excited to go. I was going to take a guest, but decided I didn't want to spend the money. So it will just be me touching a Bronco for the first time. I can't wait.
Because this has been promoted as some special thing for those with pre-orders and suddenly having to shell out $600 to bring a friend makes it way less exciting.

Schmack B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The insurance is a joke. If they really are going to crush them afterwards what's it matter. They spend 100% of their time on a offroad course, of course something is going to happen to them. I dont get it.

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ow wow, looks like they're blocking out weekends for me cuz I'm reserving using my Sport purchase. What a dick move.
yep:

Locations which are disabled are unavailable for selection because they are closed, full, or reserved for other types of attendees based on ownership status or vehicle type.

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because this has been promoted as some special thing for those with pre-orders and suddenly having to shell out $600 to bring a friend makes it way less exciting.
Not for me. I am still excited. It would have been nice to bring a friend, but not a big deal. I will save that money and spend it on some accessories when I get my Bronco (someday).
Sponsored