Zeebo390

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT, 2016 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I see what you're saying as far as the torque on the bracket .... i would still like to see the part at a better angle or on a dwg by itself.
I wonder how the different bumpers work on there, cuz the towing flanges are different ! do you have to unhook the intercooler from those brackets to mount a different bumper?

https://www.google.com/search?q=202...XTLH0KHVZbDl4Q_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1902&bih=907
I just noticed this: if you zoom in on the right side of the intercooler mount, you’ll see the hole on the bracket is round. Zoom in on the left and you’ll see it’s oval shaped. This provides the intercooler with a bit of left-right slack in case either recovery bracket flexes under torque. Hopefully it leaves enough play to keep it from being a problem!

Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco Workshop Manual (6th Gen) now live 55DF6528-523B-4FC5-A70D-EA661C1097A0
Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco Workshop Manual (6th Gen) now live 6C4413B6-7F89-4E41-A74F-B1EE8DF74E75
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rednek

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i just wonder if they use a different bracket on the BD and BL with mod bumper,the tow hooks hold the bumper on with that setup?it doesn't show 2 different brackets but the bumper mounted ones would be in the way

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I remember correctly, the bash plate tore away in the "Bronco R" race & they wound up improvising a replacement with a "STOP" sign they found just sitting on a pole
Note to self
start picking up damaged street & stop signs to carry in the Bronco on trails lol. Forget door storage bags for the cargo area, I need bags for stop signs!

mandrew

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
10R60

Also states the front ride height difference between Badlands (113mm) and Sasquatch (122mm). That must be the “10mm” height difference Ford kept saying. Seems like Squatch is just tire height, minor spring difference and the shocks have a changed internal bump stop position.

Edit: the above is essentially meaningless I had assumed it was a body height difference but it’s just basically the height of the lower control arm off the ground.
Don't forget the 4.7 gear ratios....literally the only reason I am Squatching my BL. Planning 37's and eventually all the suspension will be replaced with mid or long arm. Not having to mess with the gears makes Squatch worth the $2500 to me.

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

nerds!

I don’t need a manual!

I will just ask NickP and HotDogThud!!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I remember correctly, the bash plate tore away in the "Bronco R" race & they wound up improvising a replacement with a "STOP" sign they found just sitting on a pole
HaHa, I bought a used Polaris Razor with an old real estate sign for a skid plate, the backside was exposed and painted black. I didn't notice it was a sign until I left it on a rock!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

plastic bumper
Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco Workshop Manual (6th Gen) now live mod bumper

mod bumper
Gooood info! I intend to cut out part of the shaded area on the plastic bumper and install shackle mounts like the mod: To mount proper shackles and tow bar mount.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Half my old Chilton's manuals were not used, since I was not rebuilding engines. Hope Ford gets the more typical owner performed operations right. Starting with a readable oil dipstick. (Looking at you Subaru, near impossible to read.)

Maine-Mike

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger XLT 4x4, 2018 Fusion Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where is the Air Filter access at?

THIS is one of the many reasons I loved my '66.... and imagine the 170 I-6 in that bay.. it was a dream to work on.
:(

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just noticed this: if you zoom in on the right side of the intercooler mount, you’ll see the hole on the bracket is round. Zoom in on the left and you’ll see it’s oval shaped. This provides the intercooler with a bit of left-right slack in case either recovery bracket flexes under torque. Hopefully it leaves enough play to keep it from being a problem!

55DF6528-523B-4FC5-A70D-EA661C1097A0.jpeg
6C4413B6-7F89-4E41-A74F-B1EE8DF74E75.jpeg
that's done to omit the tolerance build up when dimensioning drawings ... the intercooler is most likely built by a 3rd party and it has a dimensional tolerance in mounting points .... the brackets have a tolerance and so does the frame .... it will be a pain to add up all those tolerances in an area that doesn't need that kind of accuracy ..... put a hole in one side and a slot on the other and your stack up is solved.

EDIT: the more i look at the fuzzy zoomed up picture the more it looks like grommets and not fasteners in those brackets .... it doesn't seem like its fastened to those brackets rather just resting on and in there to avoid lateral movement

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I see what you're saying as far as the torque on the bracket .... i would still like to see the part at a better angle or on a dwg by itself.
I wonder how the different bumpers work on there, cuz the towing flanges are different ! do you have to unhook the intercooler from those brackets to mount a different bumper? seems like the brackets will change with different bumpers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=202...XTLH0KHVZbDl4Q_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1902&bih=907
Close up view...

(The bottom frame loops are for models with the Standard plastic front bumper. The Yellow frame end style shackle mounts are for the modular and capable style bumpers.)

Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco Workshop Manual (6th Gen) now live 1-bronco-chassis-frame-suspension-at-factory-9-
Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco Workshop Manual (6th Gen) now live 2021 Ford Broncon Engine chassis-1

Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco Workshop Manual (6th Gen) now live a03b0e33-d8e3-46c9-8735-420f60e1e261-jpe

Last edited:

Zeebo390

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT, 2016 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Close up view...

1-bronco-chassis-frame-suspension-at-factory-9-jpg.jpg
2021 Ford Broncon Engine chassis-1.jpg

a03b0e33-d8e3-46c9-8735-420f60e1e261-jpeg.jpg
Nice! That gets to the bottom of it then - the intercooler is mounted direct to the frame, and the recovery hook brackets just hold locating pegs to keep movement under control.

Still, if you have the regular plastic bumper, it would be suicidal to do real off-roading without a beefy skid plate. That intercooler is super exposed without one!

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
So the manual is live but no one is sharing it despite starting a thread titled "the bronco workshop manual is live". Did I miss something? Like where is the fucking manual?
Sponsored