First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I made no such comments about Bronco. None.
Yep, my bad, wasn't you. I was just trying to make a point that it's an internet forum. Ribbing to be expected. 👍👍👍
Sponsored

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Beast.
Congrats!
I am trying to hold back myself..
IMG_7229.jpg
Why on earth do you need that much horsepower in a rock n mall crawler?

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Why on earth do you need that much horsepower in a rock n mall crawler?
Need? Hell no ones "needs" a Bronco or a Jeep. We buy them because we can and they are cool.
If you are fixing to mall crawl I'm cool with it, less folks on the trails. That's not me.

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I saw one at the Mecum auctions. Had a lift, rims and bigger tires. They couldnt sell it. $80.000 was the highest bid. Still waiting for my squatched Badland.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool. Just don't make it look like this please. Looks like a shit toaster that came alive to be lame. It's not cool.

kk6wx4oltm101.png
That's the "Little Hands" model 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: Jdc

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Who cares?

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Need? Hell no ones "needs" a Bronco or a Jeep. We buy them because we can and they are cool.
If you are fixing to mall crawl I'm cool with it, less folks on the trails. That's not me.
I was asking a valid question which you defensively failed to answer. Perhaps someone else can explain why they'd need that much power. And by the way, I'm not a mall crawler.

Toecutter

Badlands
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 f150 fx4, 2016 jeep willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

keep in mind this is just my opinion but this is a not needed upgrade for a jeep, seems like a lot of fun on the pavement, you get the jeep look and it can haul ass, but for serious off roading people will be tearing up suspension and steering parts because of the added power and non upgraded components

Schmack B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was asking a valid question which you defensively failed to answer. Perhaps someone else can explain why they'd need that much power. And by the way, I'm not a mall crawler.
It is not needed, but more than welcome. The more low end torque u have on the trail the better. it helps bumping up obstacles, and helps your gearing pull u over rock faces better. Now this can be accomplished with a 4cyl diesel, but than u have no high end for fun on the street. Most dedicated built up trail/rock rigs will most probably be built with a v8 for these reasons.

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess is, because it’s fun! Also the same answer I gave my husband when he asked why in the hell I wanted a 2 door Bronco as my daily driver when we have an 8 year old and 2 dogs.
Or maybe there are other more valid reasons for more power, but fun seems like a good one.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
keep in mind this is just my opinion but this is a not needed upgrade for a jeep, seems like a lot of fun on the pavement, you get the jeep look and it can haul ass, but for serious off roading people will be tearing up suspension and steering parts because of the added power and non upgraded components
I don’t get people deciding what other people “need”. People want it, and that’s all that matters. No one “needs” a Jeep...they want them. I have no interest in the 392 or Jeep, but I’m glad Jeep did it because it raises the bar and Bronco will now respond to the response....and whether or not you think I “need” more power, I want it. It’s fun. It’s usable.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lets use your own cars as an example.

Why do you need a BMW?
Clearly you prefer BMWs, but what can your BMW do that you need it to do, that most other sedans can't?

His answer was valid. He wanted it and flat out said he does not need it. No one needs it or any of these luxuries we have.

Same with me,
I did not need an Alfa Romeo, but god damn I wanted that sexy little beast and am lucky to be able to afford it. I am down to 1 kidney as a result, but hey, I should be good for another couple of years.
🤣

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I already did. You don't.

Last edited:

Toecutter

Badlands
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 f150 fx4, 2016 jeep willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t get people deciding what other people “need”. People want it, and that’s all that matters. No one “needs” a Jeep...they want them. I have no interest in the 392 or Jeep, but I’m glad Jeep did it because it raises the bar and Bronco will now respond to the response....and whether or not you think I “need” more power, I want it. It’s fun. It’s usable.
i did say this is just my opinion, its what my thoughts are by no means am i deciding what someone else needs or wants

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lets use your own cars as an example.

Why do you need a BMW?
Clearly you prefer BMWs, but what can your BMW do that you need it to do, that most other sedans can't?

His answer was valid. He wanted it and flat out said he does not need it. No one needs it or any of these luxuries we have.

Same with me,
I did not need an Alfa Romeo, but god damn I wanted that sexy little beast and am lucky to be able to afford it. I am down to 1 kidney as a result, but hey, I should be good for another couple of years.
🤣
Perhaps I’m not making myself clear enough in my question. I could chip my car and make some changes and get a ridiculous amount of HP out of my M240i but it would be quite ridiculous unless I was tracking it. I get why people want more HP. I’m also not judging others for their wants. I’ve never owned a big truck with a 5 liter engine blah blah and I’ll never understand why anyone needs that unless they are hauling and/or driving up huge hills. I used to haul my horses to shows with a 2006 Suburban and a steel 2 horse with a full dressing room. Never needed more power.
So yes, I want a good amount of HP and torque in my BMW’s for the fun factor, but I won’t be racing around in my Bronco so I’m getting the 2.3 which will have plenty of get up and go for my needs. Y’all do you. 😃
Sponsored