Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Altho hopefully overblown, the concerns expressed re flare theft has me considering:
- plan to shallowly engrave my phone number into the underside of mine which may make sale on eBay more problematic. If others did the same might make flare thefts less of a thing if the ne’er-do-wells are aware of this trend amongst owners.

Anyone have any other thoughts on marking or other means to mitigate this issue?
Sponsored

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing I could think of after only seeing them in person for a few minutes is to put some sort of small lock on the quick release tabs preventing them from either turning or being removed from their respective seat holes

edit: I think your idea is a good one, I’m just thinking they could easily scratch out the numbers

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Altho hopefully overblown, the concerns expressed re flare theft has me considering:
- plan to shallowly engrave my phone number into the underside of mine which may make sale on eBay more problematic. If others did the same might make flare thefts less of a thing if the ne’er-do-wells are aware of this trend amongst owners.

Anyone have any other thoughts on marking or other means to mitigate this issue?
Take a lighter and melt the clips so they can’t be removed.

Just kidding.

I hope this is a non-issue. I think engraving them is a good idea, even with just the last few digits of the VIN or something, but you’ll likely never see them again. I’m sure there will be some form of aftermarket locking option. I’m wondering if you can install a bolt on one of the holes with a security nut, like I have on my light bar.

Also, if someone can’t easily steal them, they might just get annoyed and snap it off to “prove a point” - Some people are so stupid and disrespectful of peoples property.

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am hoping to use this as my theft prevention
Ford Bronco Flare theft deterrence 1622728536343

If you don't have flares, they can't be stolen
🤣
Man I hope someone actually makes these.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

That's a much better idea than mine. I was just going to strategically place boogers on the fasteners as a deterrent.

Ford Bronco Flare theft deterrence 1622728564968

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am aware of the 4wp ones, but am not really interested.
I want something that looks more retro and opens up the wheel well more.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve never seen so much concern over something that has yet to happen once. 😂 Nobody cares about your fender flares. Broncos have been traveling all over the country for over a year now and nobody has messed with them yet.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

No one is stealing your flares. Or mine.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will just glue the little levers down, don't intend to ever take them off. They won't be cheap, I doubt a set will sell for less than 300-500. Not something that'll create a huge profitable market, but some asshole that scratched theirs up might just want to swap them out for nicer ones in the parking garage. Or get a set of my Sasquatch ones for cheap...

As for the rear tire, mine will have at least two different security lugnuts on them to make that less easy for the casual thief. All wheels will also have two different ones and the keys will be hidden in the Bronco somewhere, not with the lift/tools in the trunk.

I live in a really nice area with (in the mean time, not when we bought) not a single house under $1 million. That attracts scum. Recently somebody had all 4 tires stolen off their car - some Honda or similar, nothing even special. Don't have time for nonsense like that. Have had wheel locks on my Taco since I got it too.

Best theft prevention is always to make it less attractive/easy. Move on to the next (easier) target.
Sponsored