G Watkins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Altho hopefully overblown, the concerns expressed re flare theft has me considering:
- plan to shallowly engrave my phone number into the underside of mine which may make sale on eBay more problematic. If others did the same might make flare thefts less of a thing if the ne’er-do-wells are aware of this trend amongst owners.

Anyone have any other thoughts on marking or other means to mitigate this issue?
I'm more concerned for the catalytic converter.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm more concerned for the catalytic converter.
on the 2.7 it seems to be tucked up behind the engine by the firewall. That's safe enough for my taste, would be very hard (if not impossible) to cut that out. At least judging from the one photo I saw somewhere on this site. Don't know where it is for the smaller engine.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Actually, CLEARLY engrave your State, DL#, X.....example NC74367854X

That is what cops are trained to look for and the scrap yard won't touch it. They might even call for police. If caught police have your contact information for prosecution. The X at the end is to prevent crooks from adding extra digits. Good advise for all property actually.

New dealer add-on, flare engraving! $499.99

Sponsored

G Watkins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
on the 2.7 it seems to be tucked up behind the engine by the firewall. That's safe enough for my taste, would be very hard (if not impossible) to cut that out. At least judging from the one photo I saw somewhere on this site. Don't know where it is for the smaller engine.
Awesome. I'm going to look into that. Great info!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my thought. Seems like there are several "extra" holes in the fender/rear quarter

Ford Bronco Flare theft deterrence tenor[1]
Don't even need to drill the sheet metal, bonus!

RoadKiller

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk-Wife gets new and I get left over
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will just glue the little levers down, don't intend to ever take them off. They won't be cheap, I doubt a set will sell for less than 300-500. Not something that'll create a huge profitable market, but some asshole that scratched theirs up might just want to swap them out for nicer ones in the parking garage. Or get a set of my Sasquatch ones for cheap...

As for the rear tire, mine will have at least two different security lugnuts on them to make that less easy for the casual thief. All wheels will also have two different ones and the keys will be hidden in the Bronco somewhere, not with the lift/tools in the trunk.

I live in a really nice area with (in the mean time, not when we bought) not a single house under $1 million. That attracts scum. Recently somebody had all 4 tires stolen off their car - some Honda or similar, nothing even special. Don't have time for nonsense like that. Have had wheel locks on my Taco since I got it too.

Best theft prevention is always to make it less attractive/easy. Move on to the next (easier) target.
I'm with you GLUE EM. If I need to take off it will if I need to replace one for one reason or another.

GrimTripper

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Altho hopefully overblown, the concerns expressed re flare theft has me considering:
- plan to shallowly engrave my phone number into the underside of mine which may make sale on eBay more problematic. If others did the same might make flare thefts less of a thing if the ne’er-do-wells are aware of this trend amongst owners.

Anyone have any other thoughts on marking or other means to mitigate this issue?
Spray paint the underside color of choice

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every time I see a post about potential theft I can't help but think about how I don't even remember the last time I locked my truck.
That's because you live in a free state as in free to keep your own stuff safe.

Hopefully that doesn't change.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Every time I see a post about potential theft I can't help but think about how I don't even remember the last time I locked my truck.
Same here. My keys are usually in it too lol.
Sponsored