Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, GMC At4, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

so how many have been delivered? Why can't ford do a better job of notifying customers a real time frame?

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, Ford Isn't a Meme Stock. Two Reasons Shares Are Soaring. -- Barrons.com
BY Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
— 5:36 PM ET 06/03/2021
Al Root

Shares of Ford Motor ( F ) raced higher again on Thursday but the car company hasn't become a meme stock. Two positive data points illustrate how much is going right these days.

Shares were up 7.7% in late trading to $16.04, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500 had both fallen. Ford stock closed at $15.99, up 7.2%.
For starters, Ford launched a compact pickup truck called the Maverick, calling it "the vehicle you didn't see coming" in Thursday ads that promise more details in about a week. The company has a point: Investors didn't see the launch coming.

The second dose of good news came from May delivery statistics, also released Thursday. Sales of electrified vehicles, a category that includes hybrids, grew 184% year over year. The all-electric Mustang Mach E and the hybrid F- 150 led the way.

Ford delivered 1,945 Mach E vehicles and 2,852 hybrid F-150s. Total U.S. truck sales came in at 75,665 units. Ford's total sales came in at 161,725 vehicles, up about 4% compared with May 2020.

With Thursday's gains, Ford stock is now up more than 80% year to date and up more than 140% over the past 12 months. Thursday trading also represents a new intraday 52-week high. Shares are up more than 160% from an intraday 52- week low of $5.74 hit in July.

Barron's recently wrote positively about Ford stock, saying new management could reinvigorate product development and improve profit margins. Since that article appeared in November, shares are up about 76%. We didn't see things happening so rapidly, but new CEO Jim Farley is moving fast, introducing products such as Maverick, and pushing his company into EVs.

Investors are reacting to his speed.

Write to Al Root at [email protected]

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
06-03-21 1736ET
Copyright (c) 2021 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
The above is fabulous news for shareholders, but guess what suffers when you are speedily rolling out more lines of cars at higher profit margins.

I like to think positive, but this does not bode well for Ford's quality across future vehicles. Hope I'm wrong.

Sponsored

BK1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, GMC At4, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Because they truly have absolutely no idea, it sucks…but it’s the truth
yeah, but they have a time stamped reservation and order list. They can send out updates to let folks know where they stand, an estimated date of production, I reserved 1am as soon as I could get a connection, tell me what I can change to secure a 21 or tell me it will be a 22.

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

yeah, but they have a time stamped reservation and order list. They can send out updates to let folks know where they stand, an estimated date of production, I reserved 1am as soon as I could get a connection, tell me what I can change to secure a 21 or tell me it will be a 22.
your questions are valid but have been talked about NUMEROUS times on this site, the whole res/time stamp thing is out the window, people who reserved at later dates are getting VINS before day 1 res holders. It’s just a shitty combination of Covid, Ford’s lack of insight, parts constraints and who else knows at this point. At this time, just sit back and try to enjoy the wait if you can

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So, even with the 2 week shutdown, they produced over 1000 Bronco's in May. I guess that's something.
Good article, but do these news people really think a new CEO pops open a spigot and new models crank out in 6-8 months. :ROFLMAO:
This follows the ramp up cycle for every new model. They are also training employees, solidifying the assembly line process and ironing out minor issues that come from developing a new model while ramping up.

I don't know about you guys, but the first time I do something is seldom the best time I do something. Aside from sex, of course....

These units must be built, and they serve a purpose beyond getting cupholders into the demanding hands of B6g typists.

Wow only 89 more months until my build will be scheduled!
Ranger scaled up on an order of magnitude as it transitioned from the "crusher" builds to customer builds. And on the forums everyone transitioned from crying wolf, to insulting the 5 new people who took delivery of a truck with similar build, but they knew for sure their order should have been made first.

Within a few months there were hundreds of new members per week to plug the gaping tailgate holes of those complaining and the non-stop gripe-train was finally derailed. This will be more of the same here.

Unless you think this process should go "2 million units produced first month, zero units built month 3, let them sit on lots"?

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only about 124,000 more to go!

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought the Ford GT was limited edition, they're still making them?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This follows the ramp up cycle for every new model. They are also training employees, solidifying the assembly line process and ironing out minor issues that come from developing a new model while ramping up.

I don't know about you guys, but the first time I do something is seldom the best time I do something. Aside from sex, of course....

These units must be built, and they serve a purpose beyond getting cupholders into the demanding hands of B6g typists.

Ranger scaled up on an order of magnitude as it transitioned from the "crusher" builds to customer builds. And on the forums everyone transitioned from crying wolf, to insulting the 5 new people who took delivery of a truck with similar build, but they knew for sure their order should have been made first.

Within a few months there were hundreds of new members per week to plug the gaping tailgate holes of those complaining and the non-stop gripe-train was finally derailed. This will be more of the same here.

Unless you think this process should go "2 million units produced first month, zero units built month 3, let them sit on lots"?
Spot on, I was speaking more about the standard 3-5 years it takes for new model developments, not the 6-8 months the press thinks it takes to develop them.

bgmort

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good for them, because Ford is saying many dealerships will be out of cars this month and it'll last a while. My current dealer is trying to find some way to keep its sales staff employed despite not having any decent vehicles for sale. They are only surviving due to the used market.
Holy cow! This explains why some huge dealers in my area only have 25 new vehicles on the lot. Where can I read about this? A particular website/story I can google?
Sponsored