First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have to finance longer than 48 months you should be looking at a less expensive vehicle.
These are my favorite posts 🤣

This is such bad financial advice. Car interest is so low that wasting your money to try and get 48 months is hilarious. You’re better off investing that money and making a return on it.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
WE NEED TO START A PETITION ASKING FORD TO OFFER FINANCING INCENTIVES DUE TO THE COMPLICATIONS THEYVE HAD CONCERNING THE PRODCUTION AND DELIVERY OF THE NEW FORD BRONCO. ZERO PERCENT FOR 60 MONTHS, 1.9% FOR 72 MONTHS AND 3.9% FOR 84 MONTHS. YOUR THOUGHTS?
I'LL GIVE YOU THE SHORT ANSWER TO THIS:

no

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why, they have sold every single one they can build for 3 years.
They will sell all of the 20,000 , or less, they will build this year and into 2023.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
These are my favorite posts 🤣

This is such bad financial advice. Car interest is so low that wasting your money to try and get 48 months is hilarious. You’re better off investing that money and making a return on it.
You're so dumb.

Everyone knows you take just one single data point from the year 1973 and you never, ever, ever, evereverever, deviate from that! You NEVER adjust strategy, or take other variables into consideration.

Following this sort of advice has served me well because not only is there no replacement for displacement, but i'm still using the 50 gallon fuel drums in my back yard that finally rusted out after the gasoline crisis of '73 resolved itself. That's what I call "gasoline futures", and last month I saved enough to hit the roller boogie TWICE.

Any fool knows this to be true!

Taco_Sexual

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Frankly, 5% APR is insulting to those who have stuck it out. Bought my wife a new Telluride, which was hard to find and procure, at 1.9% through Kia. I have reached out to banker in town to see what financing rates are available, to avoid 5%.
Out of curiosity, what trim did you get and did you pay MSRP? My wife is wanting a Telluride but all of the dealerships up here in the Northwest are listing the SX for $61/$62k. I've even seen some dealers list used 2020's with ~20k miles for $58k. While we can afford it there's no way I'm paying that much over sticker for a Kia. The used prices are laughable. To each their own but paying $58k for a two-year old Telluride seems about the worst financial decision someone could make.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here, let me help.

That is 100% correct. However if you cannot afford to pay it off in under 48 months you can't afford it. The 2020 Audi I bought last year was $62K. I was able to get .9% for 36/mo. I could have paid cash. I chose to finance half at .9% and invested the other $31k. So far I am making more than the depreciation and putting money in my pocket. The end game is time vs money. If you extend your loan duration too long the depreciation will eat up your investment profits.
Here, let me help.

That is 100% correct. However if you cannot afford to pay it off in under 48 months you can't afford it. The 2020 Audi I bought last year was $62K. I was able to get .9% for 36/mo. I could have paid cash. I chose to finance half at .9% and invested the other $31k. So far I am making more than the depreciation and putting money in my pocket. The end game is time vs money. If you extend your loan duration too long the depreciation will eat up your investment profits.
Once again your generalization of millions of Americans and how they should approach their car buying needs to say if you go over 48 months you can’t afford it is well bullshit advice.

I’m going back to my scotch and cigar but thanks for playin.

Here’s the best advice- don’t take random internet strangers advice and take it as fact...

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your entire argument is wrong. With rates as low as they are currently you are better off keeping your cash in hand and investing it in something else. Argue all you want but thems the facts. Maybe you dont understand time value of money.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

there going be a lot of people who be bing that should not but thats always been the case

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your entire argument is wrong. With rates as low as they are currently you are better off keeping your cash in hand and investing it in something else. Argue all you want but thems the facts. Maybe you dont understand time value of money.
You are missing a key piece of this puzzle. Depreciation. Your investment must out pace the depreciation of the financed asset. Take advantage of the cheap loan rates but you must consider the depreciation for the equation to work.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Once again your generalization of millions of Americans and how they should approach their car buying needs to say if you go over 48 months you can’t afford it is well bullshit advice.

I’m going back to my scotch and cigar but thanks for playin.

Here’s the best advice- don’t take random internet strangers advice and take it as fact...
What are you drinking? Not a cigar fan but I do enjoy a nice scotch.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sound financial advice is boomer thinking? LMAO
nope, but thinking about finances the old way is. I have a guy I work with that gives me grief about paying for everything with a CC while he uses cash. Not only am I paying ZERO in interest but the CC company has paid me THOUSANDS in the last several years just to use their card. Not only that but there is the positive of not having to handle filthy ass cash that's been under sweaty titties and everywhere else.

Like I said earlier if you can get a good rate then use the banks money and invest your own. It's like the moron that could have gotten an F-150 at 0% but brags about "paying cash". GG genius, you cost yourself money.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We got a brand-new S. I searched nationwide because dealers within a decent radius had nothing coming except pre-ordered, spoken-for units, and ordering takes a couple months. Finally, luckily, the dealer nearest us got one in exactly like we wanted. Price was around $38k or so, which included a $3,500 “market fee” due to demand, which pissed me off but we got the exact package and color scheme we wanted as close to our home as possible and didn’t have to travel somewhere.

Used ones on Carmax are around $47k.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you have to finance longer than 48 months you should be looking at a less expensive vehicle.
For shits n giggles I went to the b&p and put in my intended down payment (which ain't no small bloodletting) and used your philosophy

Ford Bronco Ford should offer 0% Financing for 60 months Screenshot_20210604-175313_Edge

Ford Bronco Ford should offer 0% Financing for 60 months raw (8)
Sponsored