Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have to finance longer than 48 months you should be looking at a less expensive vehicle.
So, if I have $55K of dedicated cash in the bank should I:

1. Pay cash for the Bronco
2. Invest the $55K and finance the Bronco (any interest rate lower than my expected return on investment)
3. Buy a different car because I should really have $300K of dedicated cash to buy a Bronco
4. Not take finance advice from some guy on a forum

My vote is for 4.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First off you are talking about a very small percentage of people that actually have and are willing to risk that much money. Most will finance and if they have the equivalent in value In cash it will likely stay in a bank account and not invested. Second doesn't matter what you say financing at 2% on a depreciating asset is the opposite of wealth generation. And third if one can pay 50k+ cash they probably have plenty of money and appreciating assets, if not they are just stupid.
The asset is depreciating regardless of being paid in cash or not so let's set that aside. If your invested money is outpacing that 2% from the vehicle financing that is a net positive and helps alleviate some of the loss from the depreciation of that asset.

If you can pay cash, cool but to dump on people playing smart with their money, not so much. Not that I'm saying you specifically, but just in general.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

WE NEED TO START A PETITION ASKING FORD TO OFFER FINANCING INCENTIVES DUE TO THE COMPLICATIONS THEYVE HAD CONCERNING THE PRODCUTION AND DELIVERY OF THE NEW FORD BRONCO. ZERO PERCENT FOR 60 MONTHS, 1.9% FOR 72 MONTHS AND 3.9% FOR 84 MONTHS. YOUR THOUGHTS?
I would love to use someone else's money at 0%.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are you drinking? Not a cigar fan but I do enjoy a nice scotch.
I like a lot of bourbons and whiskeys but growing up in a Scottish heritage household my pops taught me the deep appreciation of Scotch.
So tonight as I puff a cigar of Cuban decent sitting on my deck in the well deserved 95 degree Iowa Summer I sip on a little Glennfiddich...

Thinking of Broncos, Colorado Mountains and campfires...
Peace.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Can't take it with you when you get hit by a bus 😜

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you're buying it outright do you get the insurance that replaces in kind at full value ?

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you're buying it outright do you get the insurance that replaces in kind at full value ?
It'll be interesting. Until late '22, If in a wreck, challenge your insurance company to replace your early '21 Bronco at any price...

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It'll be interesting. Until late '22, If in a wreck, challenge your insurance company to replace your early '21 Bronco at any price...
I think depending on severity I would be very interested in buying it back and just making it safe enough to operate until parts become available. An ugly Bronco would be better than no Bronco.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like reading the threads talking about finance. I get amused by people telling us poors what we can afford or do with what little money we have. I am looking at a six year note at around 3% with 10% down to keep my payment in the mid $600's. I have been a cop for 27 years. A divorce crushed me financially and I ended up raising two kids by myself for ten plus years. I am close to retirement. I am hoping the Bronco gets here way before I have had enough of working the job. Pay for it more with salary and less with my retirement. It won't though. I am on my last leg as far as dealing with work stress. So I need to stretch a payment out to keep the monthly low. I guess I made poor life decisions and as a result I don't deserve to own a Bronco?

I have never owned a new vehicle. I have leased two VW because their lease rates are very affordable. I want the Bronco. I can fit it into my retirement budget. F you if you think I shouldn't buy it because I can't pay cash or pay it off in 4 years. I'll probably drive it until they bury me so who cares how long the term is?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ARE THOSE THE APRS FOR PEOPLE WITH POOR CREDIT?
Seriously! My bank was offering 2.19% with 0 down to finance a Bronco for 60 months. That was without even trying to shop around. Honestly, I plan to pay off the vehicle much sooner than that, but 2.19% in the face of the inflation we're about to see is nothing. Now perhaps I could have gotten a marginally lower rate, but I wanted to be locked in. My vehicle is all paid for and I am just waiting on the production, there will be no shenanigans on the price because the balance due is now $0.00!
Sponsored