Sponsored

Deleted member 18388

Immediately went right to this section:
1622844924568.png

Anyone have a PERMANENT solution to disabling this, that won't break a warranty?
Do all broncos have this feature? This may be enough for me to throw in the towel and get a super duty.
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This was the definitive answer I was waiting for (not hoping for). I always wondered why no roof rack on SAS. It is a bummer, and has me re-considering SAS of the car is rated at no load for the roof. I had no plans to have a tent on top. I really just wanted a ski rack, and a couple of bike racks. But I can easily do a hitch mounted bike rack. I'll look around for a hitch ski rack, but I prefer them on the roof so they don't get smacked by road debris.
this was the main reason I didn't get a Sad, the roof option.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think what they are trying to say, without sayinā€™ is if the transmission grinds when you are putting it into crawl (because you didnā€™t let the rpms drop enough), push the clutch in, and try again.

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
1st, Thanks for the link, OP.

2nd, I'm now 100% Wildtrack.

3dr, Why?... Sport Modes.

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a service guy it brings a tear to my eye to see so many people actually reading the owners manual. For any other vehicle I can think of, the manual is nothing more than something that eventually gets thrown away or a place to keep your insurance and registration information. Probably why Ford decided to quit printing them.

This will be rather rare but key fob/remote batteries do die from time to time. When this happens the in vehicle antenna can't see the key to allow it to start. If this happens there is a spot in the bottom of the center console you put the fob and it will allow the vehicle to start.
If you are considering the in console vault this may be an issue. I need to contact my accessory distributor to see if the bottom is open for the slot or if they tested it to confirm it will still function correctly. Since the vault bolts in it would be a real bad day if you had to use the backup and didn't have tools to take the vault out.

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can't believe there is no option to disable auto start stop other than every time you start it up. Even the shit box Mini Cooper I just picked up has a switch and it stays off until you decide you want it to work again if ever. Have to buy a bypass harness I guess but it stinks.

Sponsored

B Wants A Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2. To get max rock crawl you need to be in C gear and 4L. Rock crawl mode will automatically select 4L, and do other things to throttle and steering Iā€™m guessing, but in terms of gearing thatā€™s all itā€™s doing (selecting 4L). You could use 4L in first gear Iā€™m sure, itā€™ll just be a little less ā€˜low ranngey.ā€™ My understanding is you can use C in 4L, 4H or 2H. Itā€™s just another gear in the transmission. Being so low however, you probably do have to be completely stopped to select it. Kind of how you can only select first when your ā€˜almostā€™ at a stop, but for C youā€™ll need to be fully stopped or itā€™ll grind.

3. For everyday driving you can certainly leave it in 4A.

Just my take.
Sponsored