Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Modulus of elasticity, tensile strength and yield strength. Maybe I can compare to other materials from there.
Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What I’d like to see is a mounting solution for a winch to the mod bumper. Ford has stated it doesn’t plan to sell the mounting plate separate from the winch kit, which means that those of us bringing winches over from other vehicles or not wanting to purchase the winch package are SOL until a mounting solution and/or better bumpers come out.

Also: brackets that mount important equipment like Maxtraxx and Rotopax without needing a roof rack. +1 for cutout panels replacing the side glass of the top for storage.

Adding you to our thread tracking aftermarket mfg’s developing Bronco-specific parts:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-specific-gear-in-development.10626/page-2#post-519031

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

By the way - one cosmetic thing people will probably be all over is CF (or even just paintable) roadster doors:

Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING is moving into BRONCO parts picture_2291

And I bet a tailgate conversion (drop down gate and swing-away tire) would be pretty popular too. That one would be a lot of engineering but I guarantee the first person to come up with a good solution is going to sell a LOT of them.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
By the way - one cosmetic thing people will probably be all over is CF (or even just paintable) roadster doors:

Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING is moving into BRONCO parts picture_2291

And I bet a tailgate conversion (drop down gate and swing-away tire) would be pretty popular too. That one would be a lot of engineering but I guarantee the first person to come up with a good solution is going to sell a LOT of them.
Liabilities associated with the roadster doors will definitely need to be looked at. Totally doable. That isn't an issue. For the tailgate, I'd need to get my eyes on the real deal to deem how feasible a drop down tailgate would be. I'll put that idea in the 'field verify' column.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What I’d like to see is a mounting solution for a winch to the mod bumper. Ford has stated it doesn’t plan to sell the mounting plate separate from the winch kit, which means that those of us bringing winches over from other vehicles or not wanting to purchase the winch package are SOL until a mounting solution and/or better bumpers come out.

Also: brackets that mount important equipment like Maxtraxx and Rotopax without needing a roof rack. +1 for cutout panels replacing the side glass of the top for storage.

Adding you to our thread tracking aftermarket mfg’s developing Bronco-specific parts:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-specific-gear-in-development.10626/page-2#post-519031
I ordered our Bronco with the winch. That should give me all the information I need to make a retrofit part or an improved mount altogether. I'll also be looking at SEMA to see what's available from Ford for bumper data.

Sponsored

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Liabilities associated with the roadster doors will definitely need to be looked at. Totally doable. That isn't an issue. For the tailgate, I'd need to get my eyes on the real deal to deem how feasible a drop down tailgate would be. I'll put that idea in the 'field verify' column.
Might as well pile on the electric rear window. So practical. Not thrilled to swing the tire out everytime you access the back. Would be a nod to the 90s models as well.

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Might as well pile on the electric rear window. So practical. Not thrilled to swing the tire out everytime you access the back. Would be a nod to the 90s models as well.
Yes, spare tire delete would be really cool, see how to keep the camera and light in a unique way.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@EIGHTLUG - Loving these application ideas. I, for one, being an experienced off road enthusiast for over four decades can tell you that I see the practical application benefits.

One of the things I have always looked for was ways of reducing overall weight in our vehicles.

What I'm looking:
  • Lightweight Quarter Panels. The front and rear fenders are easily removable and I'm wondering what it might take to make a lighter version, if that's possible with this material.
  • Lightweight Hood replacement.
  • Lightweight Replacement for rear window glass. People don't realize how heavy the extra glass actually is. Possibly with mounts for recovery tracks and fuel canisters built in.
  • Tube Doors made from this material. Can this material be made into circular tubes formed into a door frame?
Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING is moving into BRONCO parts message-editor_1597333611816-sideviewbronco2doortubedoor

• Plastic Bumper replacement with a modular design. Plastic isn't that heavy, but it seems like this material would be stronger and lighter than what it being offered from the factory. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • A step and slide rail combination. I'm wondering if it would be possible to take an existing frame mounted rail and apply the material underneath or a complete fabrication that has an aluminum step built in?
  • Bash Plates. There's a whole discussion about their effectiveness, but the bottom line for me is: If they can protect vital components as effectively or better than factory while ditching some weight, I'm sold.
I'm sure there's a half dozen more things I've thought and forgotten at this point, but I can see some real world cases where this lighter weight becomes desirable in off-roading.

Looking forward to what comes next for you in this market. Hopefully I'll be buying a good bit of my aftermarket parts replacements from you. đź‘Ť

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
Admins,

If this post needs to be moved, that's fine. If I need to register as a vendor, let me know. Thanks!

Hello! I'm Curtis. Long time forum reader and YouTube video watcher on all things new Bronco. I'm the owner of ARCHETYPE RACING. Currently we specialize in highly bespoke aero parts and hardware for the GT350, GT500, and other S550 Mustangs. I have a FE Bronco inbound from Upland Ford in Upland, CA. I'm super excited to get this project going! Once I have the new Bronco in my hands, I'll be 3D scanning and modeling as much as I can into Solidworks to develop high quality aftermarket billet aluminum, carbon composite, and carbon fiber parts for it.

https://www.archetyperacing.com/

We'll be machining all of the aluminum parts, in house. The list of new components on my want list is quite expansive. I definitely want to leverage every aspect of the modular front bumper. Additional mounting for lights, modular utility mounts, recovery points, off road flag mounts, the list goes on and on. As always, your input is always welcomed. All of the mounting bracketry for our diffusers, wings, and other components are 6061, 7075, or 17-4 stainless. Being able to make more functional parts for the Bronco will be super fun!

I also work in a very specialized thermally bonded carbon composite. Currently, I'm using this in my front splitters for race cars. It's near indestructible. A 10mm thick piece is bulletproof against handgun rounds and subsonic rifle rounds. I'll start employing this same material in belly pans, rock sliders and skid plates. That is this material's initial use case, when the Gov't put the RFQ out for the design of this carbon composite. It was to line the bottom of APCs, MRAPs, and various other vehicles in war zones against IEDs. It does that job extremely well. It's extremely robust and lightweight. Why not use it for bash plates?
Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING is moving into BRONCO parts message-editor_1597333611816-sideviewbronco2doortubedoor

Lastly, there's traditional carbon fiber. All of my carbon fiber parts are made nearby in oh so sunny Georgetown, WA. Replacement body panels, fender flares, interior bits and bobs. All of the typical uses for carbon fiber. With the ability to remove and replace fenders on the Bronco, this seems like a no brainer.

And this is where this community comes in. I'm an enthusiast, like you all. The reason I started ARCHETYPE was because no one was making the parts I wanted or it was being made and it was substandard and manufactured overseas. I'm an Air Force Veteran, small business owner, and I keep all of my manufacturing in the US. I am as passionate about producing a great product, as you are about your vehicle's modifications. It's always humbling to see my parts in pictures on instagram and the owner showing them off. Besides just looking good, they are always super functional.

Aside from my personal list of parts for the Bronco, I'd like the community to drive the direction of what's produced. Many of the components I make for the GT350 and GT500 were because the community asked for it. Group buys, deep discounts, early adopters, all of that is in play. ARCHETYPE can scan, model, produce amazing parts, and ship them direct to you.

ARCHETYPE RACING is also a dealer for Addictive Desert Design and Baja Designs. For Bronco6G Members, there's a standing 10% discount and $100 flat rate shipping on ADD parts and 15% discount and free shipping on Baja Designs. Just PM me your Name/email/Shipping Address/Ph#/and what you'd like and we'll get it going.

Can you post pics of your Bronco when your picking it up from the dealer ? Also as your putting your new parts on it. It will be fun to see your build.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Admins,

If this post needs to be moved, that's fine. If I need to register as a vendor, let me know. Thanks!

Hello! I'm Curtis. Long time forum reader and YouTube video watcher on all things new Bronco. I'm the owner of ARCHETYPE RACING. Currently we specialize in highly bespoke aero parts and hardware for the GT350, GT500, and other S550 Mustangs. I have a FE Bronco inbound from Upland Ford in Upland, CA. I'm super excited to get this project going! Once I have the new Bronco in my hands, I'll be 3D scanning and modeling as much as I can into Solidworks to develop high quality aftermarket billet aluminum, carbon composite, and carbon fiber parts for it.

We'll be machining all of the aluminum parts, in house. The list of new components on my want list is quite expansive. I definitely want to leverage every aspect of the modular front bumper. Additional mounting for lights, modular utility mounts, recovery points, off road flag mounts, the list goes on and on. As always, your input is always welcomed. All of the mounting bracketry for our diffusers, wings, and other components are 6061, 7075, or 17-4 stainless. Being able to make more functional parts for the Bronco will be super fun!

I also work in a very specialized thermally bonded carbon composite. Currently, I'm using this in my front splitters for race cars. It's near indestructible. A 10mm thick piece is bulletproof against handgun rounds and subsonic rifle rounds. I'll start employing this same material in belly pans, rock sliders and skid plates. That is this material's initial use case, when the Gov't put the RFQ out for the design of this carbon composite. It was to line the bottom of APCs, MRAPs, and various other vehicles in war zones against IEDs. It does that job extremely well. It's extremely robust and lightweight. Why not use it for bash plates?
IMG-1193.jpg

Lastly, there's traditional carbon fiber. All of my carbon fiber parts are made nearby in oh so sunny Georgetown, WA. Replacement body panels, fender flares, interior bits and bobs. All of the typical uses for carbon fiber. With the ability to remove and replace fenders on the Bronco, this seems like a no brainer.

And this is where this community comes in. I'm an enthusiast, like you all. The reason I started ARCHETYPE was because no one was making the parts I wanted or it was being made and it was substandard and manufactured overseas. I'm an Air Force Veteran, small business owner, and I keep all of my manufacturing in the US. I am as passionate about producing a great product, as you are about your vehicle's modifications. It's always humbling to see my parts in pictures on instagram and the owner showing them off. Besides just looking good, they are always super functional.

Aside from my personal list of parts for the Bronco, I'd like the community to drive the direction of what's produced. Many of the components I make for the GT350 and GT500 were because the community asked for it. Group buys, deep discounts, early adopters, all of that is in play. ARCHETYPE can scan, model, produce amazing parts, and ship them direct to you.

ARCHETYPE RACING is also a dealer for Addictive Desert Design and Baja Designs. For Bronco6G Members, there's a standing 10% discount and $100 flat rate shipping on ADD parts and 15% discount and free shipping on Baja Designs. Just PM me your Name/email/Shipping Address/Ph#/and what you'd like and we'll get it going.

IMG-1515.JPG
IMG_1027.JPG
Did this get vapored? Was wondering if @EIGHTLUG was still around after seeing all the cool stuff here, I'd hate for nothing to come of it. I want some bash plates and a dif case made of this stuff!

Sponsored
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did this get vapored? Was wondering if @EIGHTLUG was still around after seeing all the cool stuff here, I'd hate for nothing to come of it. I want some bash plates and a dif case made of this stuff!
Still here. Still waiting for our R&D Bronco to arrive. All of the plans are still front burner, once the rig shows up!

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I do not know if you have seen the saleen bronco render but i would love to see some fenders similar to those and possible skid plate up front.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I do not know if you have seen the saleen bronco render but i would love to see some fenders similar to those and possible skid plate up front.
Are these the renderings you’re talking about? If so, that’s absolutely doable. I’m moving forward with the SEMA data that’s available to begin R&D work. As the projects get rolling, I’ll share out some teasers.
Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING is moving into BRONCO parts 84F76A20-1C50-4D5C-9347-49FC39F255B7
Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING is moving into BRONCO parts 526F3E4A-C1E3-4FCB-87EA-A07372488ABD

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are these the renderings you’re talking about? If so, that’s absolutely doable. I’m moving forward with the SEMA data that’s available to begin R&D work. As the projects get rolling, I’ll share out some teasers.
Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING is moving into BRONCO parts 526F3E4A-C1E3-4FCB-87EA-A07372488ABD
That’s them! If you bring something I can afford to market I will absolutely get them

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Admins,

Your composite bash plates sound like a good upgrade over the steel one that come with my Badlands. I look forward to seeing what you produce and pricing. Good to have you onboard!
Sponsored