Namrekcad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota, xt4, Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
At most, offer a half cab conversion or optional prep kit. No need to completely redesign the thing for a handful of buyers that are into that kind of stuff.
Agree
They need to rework integral roll bar frame for half cab options aftermarket. Then have bolt on roll bars for std 2 door and 4 door

this way aftermarket or ford can sell half cab top, bulkhead ect.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sighting a Gladiator doesn't mean squat for new model development. They are just testing the competition, even models where there is no specific match.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My opinion that makes no since to make a Bronco truck. if you want a truck buy a truck don't change he Bronco.

OP
OP
mds5917

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I found it odd (other than for testing the competition) but wanted to post it as it was "Bronco related news" and I was shocked It was not up here already. Thankfully somebody posted it into the correct forum (I was on my phone and didn't even realize we had a 'pickup' discussion) and re-titled it.

It made all the sense for Jeep to develop an offering (pickup) they did not have, on essentially an elongated platform (wrangler) they did have. As has been noted, nobody who really needs a pickup is going to buy something with that short of a bed, and nobody who is serious crawling is going to use the Gladiator for that. Ford already has the pickup world covered (even more so after the Maverick intro) and so you can get a "tough, off-roading pickup" without stretching the Bronco.

I do think the U14-type could attract a number of buyers at some point, but that is really just a mod on the current 2 or 4 door, no reason to extend the wheelbase. But, as always, the market will determine that, one way or the other...

Sponsored

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure that the Gladiator will even be around in 2025. They were hot for a few months after they came out, but soon after my local Jeep dealer was offering huge discounts to move them. Seems like its been a dud. It gets old reading on how many people think that the manufacturers are missing out by not producing 2 door / single cab trucks. There is a reason why the options are limited in this space, very few people actually buy them.

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Source: https://www.thedrive.com/news/40965/ford-testing-a-jeep-gladiator-adds-fuel-to-bronco-pickup-rumors

Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-Ford-Benchmarking-June-2021-001.jpg

Originally based on the Ranger, the new Bronco's platform isn't exactly the hardest for Ford to adapt back into a pickup. And by now, there's plenty of evidence to suggest Ford will do exactly that, with multiple reports indicating a launch no later than the model year 2025. In the same way the Bronco was supposed to buck the Jeep Wrangler off its high horse, its pickup derivative will seek triumph over the Gladiator, which is why Ford has reportedly been photographed benchmarking Jeep's truck.

Photos published by Ford Authority depict a Gladiator Mojave entering and leaving what's said to be Ford property wearing Michigan manufacturer plates. These plates are available exclusively to car companies, which use them on their pre-production prototypes, press cars, company cars, or bought-in models from rivals for testing.

If that's really a Ford facility this Jeep is visiting, it could imply that the Bronco Warthog may be aimed not at the crawling-tailored Gladiator Rubicon, but the desert-oriented Mojave.

First detailed last July, the Bronco pickup is reportedly expected to arrive as a 2023 to 2025 model with the Bronco's full range of powertrains (minus the 3.0-liter EcoBoost rumored to power the Warthog). In all likelihood, these will soon include an electrified option, probably a plug-in hybrid (PHEV) if the Bronco's owners' manual is anything to go by. (It probably is.)

As for an electric model, Ford has loosely hinted that it could happen, having showed a Bronco-like silhouette in an EV presentation last month. It bears saying, though, that the depicted vehicle appears more the size of a Bronco Sport than the larger, truck-based real deal. All that's certain is that with the smaller, hybridized Maverick below it and the F-150 Lightning above it, the Bronco pickup would be the black sheep of the electrified Ford truck family if it launched without a big old battery.

Going by the scale of Ford's electrification plans these next few years, that's not likely to happen.

Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-Ford-Benchmarking-June-2021-003.jpg
Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-Ford-Benchmarking-June-2021-002.jpg

Rendering of Bronco Pickup.

2025-Ford-Bronco-Pickup-Rendering-4-door-001.jpg
I think ford may be picking the right fight for the Bronco. I have a Mojave and I gotta tell ya, it is a freaking amazing machine. Don't tell my wife but this is my bridge vehicle. After driving the Mojave, the bar is set high for the Bronco. If the Bronco isn't my favorite? Well... Then it will be my bridge to the Gladiator 4xe in a couple years. Not really Wrangler guy, but I love my Mojave, and excited about the Bronco. Both the Bronco and the JTs are so rad.

The Bronco was going after the Wrangler and the Rubicon, but I think the IFS and wider stance is more suited for more ludicrous speed than crawling.

The coolest fight will be a Wildtrack Bronco/Truck Hybrid vs a Mojave Truck Hybrid in the Baja 1000.

Competition is good! Peace Bronco's and Jeepers!

Namrekcad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota, xt4, Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
My opinion that makes no since to make a Bronco truck. if you want a truck buy a truck don't change he Bronco.
It makes since to me for ford offered half cabs in gen 1
New version must offer half cab again in future
Trust me they will sell
IMO

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1) Ranger no removable top
2) Ranger no manual transmission
3) Bronco truck would likely tow more than regular bronco (longer wheelbase potentially and if they're making a truck model will likely give up a little offroad prowess for truck duties)
4) adding a truck bed to a bronco gives it a lot more utility
5) Gladiator sales have been good and continue to get better. Not sure why so many people think otherwise other than just from reading someone else's opinion that they aren't good.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Gladiator is fundamentally flawed with the ridiculous looking wheelbase and resulting break over angle and the crap departure angle. Those things can’t really be fixed.
Well I for one would rather they spend R&D resources trying something cool instead of on yet another compact crossover.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I for one would rather they spend R&D resources trying something cool instead of on yet another compact crossover.
No doubt...I'm with you there...no more crossovers, and no Gladiator type disasters.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It gets old reading on how many people think that the manufacturers are missing out by not producing 2 door / single cab trucks. There is a reason why the options are limited in this space, very few people actually buy them.
As a Regular cab Short bed F-150 owner who loves the truck I can attest. It doesn't get driven unless needed for a task because it doesn't have room for anything. Now I'm spoiled by my Super crew F-150 and SUV's so I get that. But there isn't a market for a 2 door truck IMO outside of very select retail buyers and fleets.

That said, I'd love a 4 door Bronco pickup with a top that comes off, that would be a swiss army knife for me. my 5-1/2' bed in my '11 F150 has hauled all kinds of things and proven to be very useful.

HeisenbergFX4

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 QX80 2021 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Gladiator is fundamentally flawed with the ridiculous looking wheelbase and resulting break over angle and the crap departure angle. Those things can’t really be fixed.
Thats why there are so many makes and models because, and I know this will be a shock to some people, some people have different tastes.

Personally I think Gladiators look badass
Sponsored