First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had one set of Terra Grapplers that I could not wait to replace, one of the worst tires I've ever owned and I only ran them in the summer. Few times I got caught in snow/ice they were like racing slicks (from new). The G2 wasn't any better, lets hope they did something different with these.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

what load range if anyone knows?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I had one set of Terra Grapplers that I could not wait to replace, one of the worst tires I've ever owned and I only ran them in the summer. Few times I got caught in snow/ice they were like racing slicks (from new). The G2 wasn't any better, lets hope they did something different with these.
Just the opposite for me, run Terra Grapplers on the FJ and they're great for dry and wet but can't speak to ice/snow.

Sponsored

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed Terra grappler is hot dog shit. Terrible dry, worse wet/snow, noisy.

The ridge grappler is an excellent tire though. Hopefully this AT version is too.

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a good set of TG's (1st gen) on my ram 2500 and grand cherokee, then tried some G2's and they were too squirmy and soft for the ram. G2s were fine on the jeep.

Next set for the 2500 were ridge grapplers 18' great load rating (F!) but lost wet traction as they aged 1-2yrs. Also tried a set of RGs on the grand cherokee. They were ok on the light jeep, but would hydroplane/tug in the puddles even when new.

These recon grapplers have more void area in the center, which should help wet performance. If they can improve that, and keep the toughness f the RG/trail grappler, this should be a good tire.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Toyo AT3's look good too. They are lighter than the Nitto counter parts which I find interesting.
Funny you mention the Toyos. After living through 5 summers of absolute hell with my Nitto Terra Grapplers on my F-150 I replaced them with Toyo AT3's and I'm on my second summer with them and could not be happier. Dry, Wet traction is good and even ice/snow is pretty good for a non-dedicated snow tire (which I run half the year). My old Nittos sucked at everything...never had a tire that bad at everything before or after.

OP
OP
VelocityBrew

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny you mention the Toyos. After living through 5 summers of absolute hell with my Nitto Terra Grapplers on my F-150 I replaced them with Toyo AT3's and I'm on my second summer with them and could not be happier. Dry, Wet traction is good and even ice/snow is pretty good for a non-dedicated snow tire (which I run half the year). My old Nittos sucked at everything...never had a tire that bad at everything before or after.
You know Nitto is owned by Toyo, right? Not trying to be rude. That's why I was comparing the two.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You know Nitto is owned by Toyo, right? Not trying to be rude. That's why I was comparing the two.
100% know that, my buddy that ownes the tire store I buy from says it to me every time I tell him I'll never buy another Nitto again. Can't tell you why but the toyo AT3 is a 150% better tire than the Terra Grappler. I'm a Cooper guy myself, but they didn't make a 33" A/T 22" tire either time I went to buy.

OP
OP
VelocityBrew

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100% know that, my buddy that ownes the tire store I buy from says it to me every time I tell him I'll never buy another Nitto again. Can't tell you why but the toyo AT3 is a 150% better tire than the Terra Grappler. I'm a Cooper guy myself, but they didn't make a 33" A/T 22" tire either time I went to buy.
Interesting. I wonder if users running 16/17/18" tires have similar reviews. All good info for future purchases.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wonder if sidewall flex, or lack there of, contributes to your poor experience with the Terra Grapplers? Since I don't run larger wheels, I'm just asking if that is a contributing factor?

I always run 17" wheels and tires for the better sidewall flex, compliance and comfort they give me. In fact, I've changed my two current cars from the factory 18" wheels to 17" wheels as I prefer the less bouncy ride they give.
Sponsored