ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Had a lifted jk sport for 5 years, then bought a Jl rubicon unlimited with sky touch top. The sky touch top is awesome, but right now not thats all Jeep has to compete with this new Bronco. I been lurking here for a long time. Never thought I would like the Bronco. I was wrong. Ford hit a home run. Bases loaded home run.

I followed all the jl hype for years. The jl is good. It improved on the jk a lot, especially on the freeway. But, or should i say BUT! it could had been more. Rubicons has 33s(mine still has the 33s). 35s are no problem, in fact with a little spacer lift you can go 37s. But the Bronco can get 35 right off the bat. I like the sky top a LOT. Its great for little rides to town and put the top back. Right now that might be the only thing Jeep has over the Ford. I am curious about the modular top for the 2 door though(i reserved a 2 door)

The look of the Bronco is great. Some might say even cartoonish, but I think it looks unique. So heres one guy Jeep has lost, and I think they will be many more.
Sponsored

Hbass321

Outer Banks
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I tend to agree with you. Jeep could have done so much more. I love my JL, but they knew Ford was coming out with the Bronco while they were developing the JL. They had to have known Ford was gonna come out swinging. We'll see what happens in the next few years, but as of right now, Ford has a future owner here. ;)

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've been waiting for the reveal to make a decision. It's either the Rubicon (likely with skytouch) or the Bronco. I'm anxious to see more about tops too.

Bronco doesn't have fold-down windshield so that's one hit against it. Sounds like the 2 door doesn't have a soft top at this point, only a hard top.

I'd hope BestTop, or whomever, would make a sunrider to replace the "freedom panels" on the Bronco. Rented a JLU for a trip and while the freedom panels were nice, they took up a lot of room in the back. Sunrider top seems more convenient.

best top sunrider.jpg

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully GM is kicking themselves after releasing the disgraceful Blazer, seeing the reaction to the Bronco, and coming up with something of their own as well. The more competition, the better. As for me, I'll take the Bronco.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hopefully GM is kicking themselves after releasing the disgraceful Blazer, seeing the reaction to the Bronco, and coming up with something of their own as well. The more competition, the better. As for me, I'll take the Bronco.
I'm sure they're busy trying to figure out how to make the silverado's grill uglier.

Sponsored

PavementQueen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed man, I've bought 2 JKU's new. My 3rd Jeep in a row, 4th Mopar in a row since learning to drive. Loved my Jeeps. I had been set for YEARS to get the pickup when it released. Love the Gladiator. Haven't actually used the SkyTouch top but I saw it and it's a must have if buying a new JLU. But, I spent 13 hours driving last weekend and I'm STILL walking like an 80 year old man. Really hoping the power seats and IFS help the ride quality in the Bronco. I understand the reasoning for not having good, comfortable seats in a Wrangler, and I wish I didn't need them. I want something as cool and practical year round as a Wrangler or Bronco that rides like a Cadillac..but alas, here I am, just hoping power seats will help.

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also hope this pushes Toyota to do more with the 4Runner and possibly bring back an updated FJ.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not a hard core rock crawler, so I prefer the Bronco's IFS, that is unless Jeep actually sells that 392. That 392 might be enough for me to go back to Jeep's poor quality and wandering steering. (I drove a JKUR for 6 years.)

ThinkadgroupDerek

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 4door, 1996 Bronco XLT,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Had a lifted jk sport for 5 years, then bought a Jl rubicon unlimited with sky touch top. The sky touch top is awesome, but right now not thats all Jeep has to compete with this new Bronco. I been lurking here for a long time. Never thought I would like the Bronco. I was wrong. Ford hit a home run. Bases loaded home run.

I followed all the jl hype for years. The jl is good. It improved on the jk a lot, especially on the freeway. But, or should i say BUT! it could had been more. Rubicons has 33s(mine still has the 33s). 35s are no problem, in fact with a little spacer lift you can go 37s. But the Bronco can get 35 right off the bat. I like the sky top a LOT. Its great for little rides to town and put the top back. Right now that might be the only thing Jeep has over the Ford. I am curious about the modular top for the 2 door though(i reserved a 2 door)

The look of the Bronco is great. Some might say even cartoonish, but I think it looks unique. So heres one guy Jeep has lost, and I think they will be many more.
I have really enjoyed my 2018 JL Rubicon 4dr I leased it in 2018 knowing that the Bronco would be out sometime in 2020 or 2021. I got lucky and got the First Edition Bronco reserved so I will definitely be trading in the Rubicon when it gets here in the spring.

I also just picked up a 1 owner 1996 Bronco that I'm restoring, so it looks like I'll be a Bronco guy for awhile.
Sponsored