First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep XJ (original owner), 2012 Ford Expeditio
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a July 18 reservation and a Feb 25 (PC 19) conversion for a 2 door Badlands, 2.3 Manual Transmission, Area 51, with tow package.

Yesterday I had an email from my dealer (Mullinax Ford in New Smyrna Beach, Florida) to "call about your Bronco Order". I generally feel I know more than the dealership. Today was different -- his comment - drop the tow package and I should be able to get in line.

I wanted everything to be turnkey and stock from the factory but I went ahead and dropped the two package, if I had to give up anything that seemed like an easy choice.

Wanted to post here so if I get an email with a VIN it is documented.

JOHN
Sponsored

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mid, high or lux? I have same build with lux, kept the tow and received my vin already with pushed back to July 19 build. If you really want tow package I wouldn’t sacrifice it just to receive the Bronco a couple months earlier.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mid, high or lux? I have same build with lux, kept the tow and received my vin already with pushed back to July 19 build. If you really want tow package I wouldn’t sacrifice it just to receive the Bronco a couple months earlier.
Canada ordering / VIN selection doesn’t apply here. I guarantee you the scheduling rules are different. Please don’t take this the wrong way cause I love Canada, I’m just stating this based on observations form reading thousands of posts here and seeing who got what from where. It seems like many Canadians got their VINs early while here in US you need priority from the dealer, have an early FE or super early res with low commodities (like removing tow) to get scheduled. Pretty sure the first few VINs on this site we’re from Canada and that’s really odd when Canada is probably 1% of all orders.

OP, youre chances are way higher to get scheduled removing the tow.

OP
OP
G8Rengineer

G8Rengineer

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mid package.

Tow package - my understanding is it is nothing more than the hitch and wiring harness, easy enough to pick up in the aftermarket. I was not considering giving up anything but if this gets me in the queue I can sacrifice it for now. My concern was being a PC 19 and getting pushed to 2022 (assuming the 19 means I am at the back of the line at my dealer).

On a side note -- I did sign up for Austin this past week and am going to Roadeo Aug 6. can't wait to actually drive a Bronco!

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in a similar situation. I understand the tow package is low commodity but the hard top is much more effected. I decided to keep my build as is. If I keep it long term is will be a low volume option list.

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I want what I want and I won’t sacrifice it. If that means I wait another 6 months, so be it. I have a VIN since April.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a July 18 reservation and a Feb 25 (PC 19) conversion for a 2 door Badlands, 2.3 Manual Transmission, Area 51, with tow package.

Yesterday I had an email from my dealer (Mullinax Ford in New Smyrna Beach, Florida) to "call about your Bronco Order". I generally feel I know more than the dealership. Today was different -- his comment - drop the tow package and I should be able to get in line.

I wanted everything to be turnkey and stock from the factory but I went ahead and dropped the two package, if I had to give up anything that seemed like an easy choice.

Wanted to post here so if I get an email with a VIN it is documented.

JOHN
I have orders for a base and a FE, neither has the option of getting the tow package. From what I have been gathering there is more to the tow package than just the receiver and harness. The factory accessory harness appears to only be a 4 wire hookup. No one seems to know for sure what the Bronco will come with from the factory when no tow package is ordered. I wish I could get the factory installed tow package and if I could I would wait for it.

OP
OP
G8Rengineer

G8Rengineer

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was a tough call. I have an expedition with factory tow.

But, in the end row for me is for a bike rack or extended cargo rack to throw a cooler and gear on. At 3500 lbs on a small wheel base it will be used for jet skis or a uhaul, something light.

I still feel it will be several more weeks before a VIN and I’m betting October for delivery. We will see as there seems to be no logic to the process.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep the tow. You should be in good shape. But if you had the LUX or SAS then those will likely delay it. But not so much the tow.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On Friday May 21 I called to drop the tow package on my 4dr 2.3/auto Badlands with MIC top and Lux package, and the following Thursday the 27th I got my VIN. 7/13 reservation.
Could’ve been coincidence but I only intend to use the hitch for a bike rack anyway so I’ll just add it when I get the vehicle with a July 19 build week.
I think the moral to the story is that everyone is full of misinformed, bad advice so stick with what you can live with and don’t sacrifice too much based on all of this speculation.

Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I want what I want and I won’t sacrifice it. If that means I wait another 6 months, so be it. I have a VIN since April.
If you have a vin then what are you worried about. Yours will be built this year.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Honestly, I wish Ford would send an email letting you know what the constraints were holding up your particular build so you could decide to keep them and wait, or drop them in lieu if getting your vehicle faster.

I imagine vague emails and rumors are causing most of the frustration felt by their customers at the moment.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mid package.

Tow package - my understanding is it is nothing more than the hitch and wiring harness, easy enough to pick up in the aftermarket. I was not considering giving up anything but if this gets me in the queue I can sacrifice it for now. My concern was being a PC 19 and getting pushed to 2022 (assuming the 19 means I am at the back of the line at my dealer).

On a side note -- I did sign up for Austin this past week and am going to Roadeo Aug 6. can't wait to actually drive a Bronco!
Priority codes don’t work that way with the Bronco. Anything 10-19 are the same priority, instead Ford is using timestamp for ranking.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel the same way and I ordered the same as you in a two door. Did you get a two door? Or four door with soft top?

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly, I wish Ford would send an email letting you know what the constraints were holding up your particular build so you could decide to keep them and wait, or drop them in lieu if getting your vehicle faster.

I imagine vague emails and rumors are causing most of the frustration felt by their customers at the moment.
EXACTLY. The vague mass emails give us no guidance whatsoever. When I told my dealer I would drop tow to get a build date he laughed. But then again they’ve been useless.
Sponsored