Sponsored

Ford, please provide more information about the 10R60 transmission!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have also seen and read this. But there is no definitive information that tells us which transmission these vehicles actually have in them. Back to my original point, if these vehicles were manufactured before Ford made the decision to switch from the 10R80 to the 10R60, then they very well could have the 10R80 transmission and still be considered "stock". Again, it would be really nice if Ford would just clear up the confusion by releasing this information.
I don’t think there was ever a “decision” to switch. An Ford person misspoke...Ford never ever said it was the 80 in any release or document. There is no confusion. Stock tranny is the 60; and has always been. Confusion here was based on speculation and false assumptions which became “fact”.
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think they’ve produced sufficient information. It has 10 speeds, and shifts itself. Bam.

OP
OP
sledboy

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think there was ever a “decision” to switch. An Ford person misspoke...Ford never ever said it was the 80 in any release or document. There is no confusion. Stock tranny is the 60; and has always been. Confusion here was based on speculation and false assumptions which became “fact”.
Your "speculation and assumptions" may be correct and I hope they are. At this point, making assumptions is the only thing any of us can do because Ford continues to me mum on the subject. I find it interesting however that every media outlet, large and small, reported for months that the Bronco was going to have the 10R80 transmission in it. If your assumption is correct, I wonder why Ford never corrected any of that false information. :unsure:

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
every media outlet, large and small, reported for months that the Bronco was going to have the 10R80 transmission
Yeah sorry but I don’t even think the BIGGEST auto media outlets reported on the specific model number of the Bronco automatic transmission? Feel free to drop a MT or C&D link here as an example.

Online forums, that’s another story.

OP
OP
sledboy

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah sorry but I don’t even think the BIGGEST auto media outlets reported on the specific model number of the Bronco automatic transmission? Feel free to drop a MT or C&D link here as an example.

Online forums, that’s another story.
You are correct, I misspoke. Not EVERY media outlet reported on the Bronco having the 10R80 transmission. What I should have said is that every media outlet that reported what transmission the Bronco would have, stated that it would be the 10R80. A simple Google search will result in a lot of examples. The links below are just a few of the examples and they all state that the the Bronco will have the 10R80 tranny. But my point is the same. I wonder why Ford never corrected this information if they knew it was wrong.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...rting-march-29th-tipster-suggests-156888.html
https://carbuzz.com/news/the-2021-ford-bronco-is-officially-getting-a-v6-turbo
https://www.sae.org/news/2020/07/2021-ford-bronco-reveal
https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/...eed-manual-will-boast-a-low-range-crawl-gear/
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.