The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
40mpg for the Hybrid. Anyone know the MPG for the 2.0 Ecoboost gas engine?
Also does the Hybrid mainly run on gas still with electric back up? Where is the charging connection at on the truck?
Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also does the Hybrid mainly run on gas still with electric back up? Where is the charging connection at on the truck?

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Day one reservation on the Maverick. My girlfriend is a fly fishing guide in Colorado and this is ideal for her.

Heres the build we’re thinking.
-XLT AWD
-luxury package
-hard 3 fold tonneau to lock in gear
-360 safety package
-400w outlet package
-upgraded a/t tires-I believe they’re Falken Widlpeaks
-tow package
That's basically the build I'd go with - going Lariat is just going to hurt your depreciation for little gain. XLT/lux is where it's at. I'd probably add FX4 though. Only $800 gets you skid plates and the Lariat gauge cluster screen, plus tow hooks and some heavy duty cooling. I'd bet skid plates on the aftermarket would be at least $400-500 so you might as well go factory.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looking at it, its the 2.5L Atkinson setup similar to the Fusion or even the Escape Hybrid.
Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Pickup Revealed! Standard Hybrid, 40MPG City, Under $20k Starting Price! 1623331187701

This is the vehicle-charged Hybrid setup. Mostly used at lower torque. Note the Power Gauge:
Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Pickup Revealed! Standard Hybrid, 40MPG City, Under $20k Starting Price! 1623331250417

These rely on regenerative and regular electrical to recharge the battery. Maybe in the next generation/MY they may have a plug-in version.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This reservation isn't quite like the Bronco or Lightning reservations. It's more of a "Hey, dealer, I'm interested! Contact me!" 😄

No reservation deposit, no place in line or anything like that. Basically just a way of being contacted to be an early buyer.
Which has me a little concerned about the price since the Maverick could be a very in-demand vehicle.

Sponsored

maximus3686

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The 2.0 Ecoboost gets 21 city 26 highway 23 combined in the Bronco Sport, I would assume the Maverick would be similar.

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's basically the build I'd go with - going Lariat is just going to hurt your depreciation for little gain. XLT/lux is where it's at. I'd probably add FX4 though. Only $800 gets you skid plates and the Lariat gauge cluster screen, plus tow hooks and some heavy duty cooling. I'd bet skid plates on the aftermarket would be at least $400-500 so you might as well go factory.
Yes!! Definitely adding FX4 I forgot to mention that, it’s a no brainer for the money

sjjohnny

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Black Diamond, '00 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It may be time to give up the old Tacoma. Crazy thing is, these first gen Tacos are popular and easy to sell.

Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Pickup Revealed! Standard Hybrid, 40MPG City, Under $20k Starting Price! Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 10.22.04 AM

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looking at it, its the 2.5L Atkinson setup similar to the Fusion or even the Escape Hybrid.
Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Pickup Revealed! Standard Hybrid, 40MPG City, Under $20k Starting Price! Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 10.22.04 AM

This is the vehicle-charged Hybrid setup. Mostly used at lower torque. Note the Power Gauge:

These rely on regenerative and regular electrical to recharge the battery. Maybe in the next generation/MY they may have a plug-in version.
I'm not familiar with any of this. Lol. So you don't have to plug it in? It just charges itself?

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm not familiar with any of this. Lol. So you don't have to plug it in? It just charges itself?
Yep. Charges as you drive/brake through regenerative charging.

KingWillard

Black Diamond
First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This does seem like a pretty nice vehicle and really practical for a lot of people. The thought of going for one of these even crossed my mind since I could get a totally decked out Maverick for less than the Bronco I ordered. However, the Bronco is what I WANT. Even if the Maverick would meet my needs and I don’t use the Bronco to its fullest potential, I know I’ll be happier in the Bronco. Plus, you can’t take the top off the Maverick. Now, if they’d just build my Bronco…..

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I must've got lucky with my wife then, after having my Race Red Mustang for a few years, when we finally bought her a Jeep she went with Firecracker Red or whatever it's called (similar to race red).

I honestly think it's one of those colors that you don't really like UNTIL you have it. And once you have it, you just can't go back to anything else 🤷‍♂️

Throw in the fact it gets tons of compliments, you'd be surprised how many people (on a weekly basis) say to me "Nice car!". And it's only a 2012 Mustang V6 🤣🤣 the color is what does it ;)

Oh yeah babe, I was in there with the cool kids like Evil from day one. That was until the wife stepped in, and said "I like the Area 51". I was a bit sad, but what the heck, I'll still get the Bronco. I do have a Torch Red GM plastic car in the garage. So, I guess one can say I'm a half way cool kid. :)