Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

G
So I went out looking for where the Broncos are being stored once they come off the line at MAP. And I hit the jackpot.

First up, the yard in Canton. (just west of the MAP). The yard is associated with a trucking company. There were a bunch of Broncos, mostly 4 doors with soft tops and a few Sasquatch builds. See the videos below. I also took a few pics of the 2 door velocity blue Base since we donā€™t see many bases. And far behind them were hundreds more in the back. And lots of room in between for more.

Then I went over to MAP to see if any Broncos were in the yards there (a few weeks ago there werenā€˜t many) And I stumbled upon a continuous flow of Broncos coming off the line and being driven to a yard on the east side of the plant. Every few minutes another one would come out of the lot and drive half a mile down to the yard. And the yard had hundreds - maybe even a thousand - Broncos accumulating back there. I couldnā€™t get any pics since it was all so dynamic and the cars in the yard were so far back. But in the 20 mins I was hanging around, I saw at least 20 drive by. It was amazing.

Curiously, one of the 4 door soft tops had ā€œRTPā€ and ā€œhard topā€ written on the driverā€˜s window. I assume the soft top will be swapped out for a hard top at some point when available, but does anyone know what RTP means?

Anyone in the Detroit area looking to see Broncos, I highly recommend heading down there. It was such a blast!

C8C880B7-EAE3-4ABA-A204-F4A7E1CA4E2A.jpeg

CC1E0200-CA7B-47B7-AC1F-318F040850F7.jpeg
41C4525E-FA3F-4B43-942B-11B3918DC229.jpeg
F976D0AC-701A-49B8-B1CC-92BD4958ABA2.jpeg
rea

PLindsey725

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you for the close ups of the Base VB!!

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great thanks for the pictures only 100,000 units to go for me there is a light at end of tunnel
125k orders (plus another maybe 1500 VIP orders), if the OP's estimate of 1000 is correct... That is 0.8% of the orders right there. (Sure, they mostly need roofs, but still...). Only took about a month. At this rate, they have the initial orders done in 10.6 years! I can practically taste it!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So they are spending resources and time to build demos so people who have not bothered to place a reservation or order can go and test drive, all the while those who did pony up the money for the reservation and the corresponding order are told to stand in the corner and wait. Great business strategy. Sure gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling while I enjoy perpetual limbo. Meanwhile, over at the MIC manufacturing facilityā€¦.lol
Ford Bronco SPOTTED: Thousands of Broncos! My trip to the Bronco holding pens (MAP & Canton) 24875963-7850-4FAA-A99A-0E409B7B5613

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great job, thanks for posting. Now all we need is for FORD to open the pens and let those Broncos free!

Ford Bronco SPOTTED: Thousands of Broncos! My trip to the Bronco holding pens (MAP & Canton) 1623327191305

Last edited:

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
....... those who did pony up the money for the reservation and the corresponding order are told to stand in the corner and wait. Great business strategy. Sure gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling while I enjoy perpetual limbo. Meanwhile, over at the MIC manufacturing facilityā€¦.lol
Ford Bronco SPOTTED: Thousands of Broncos! My trip to the Bronco holding pens (MAP & Canton) 1623327191305

You nailed my dilemma, every time I read some feel good news it's offset by the nagging feeling that for the majority of us, our Bronco is not coming any time soon. It's very frustrating

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So they are spending resources and time to build demos so people who have not bothered to place a reservation or order can go and test drive, all the while those who did pony up the money for the reservation and the corresponding order are told to stand in the corner and wait. Great business strategy. Sure gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling while I enjoy perpetual limbo. Meanwhile, over at the MIC manufacturing facilityā€¦.lol
Yeah seriously! Ford spending all this time Marketing a vehicle they can't make, meanwhile they have 200, 000 people that have already ordered one.And I thought I read some dealers are getting loners.

how many middle fingers does Ford Have?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

125k orders (plus another maybe 1500 VIP orders), if the OP's estimate of 1000 is correct... That is 0.8% of the orders right there. (Sure, they mostly need roofs, but still...). Only took about a month. At this rate, they have the initial orders done in 10.6 years! I can practically taste it!
Thats about what I have left to retirement so works for me. Anyways these pics prove things are moving at least.

ssbronco

Base
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the pics & video!! Appreciate the pics of the 2 door base; our build (though in shadow black).

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021, 2-door, Badlands, Manual, Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I went out looking for where the Broncos are being stored once they come off the line at MAP. And I hit the jackpot.

First up, the yard in Canton. (just west of the MAP). The yard is associated with a trucking company. There were a bunch of Broncos, mostly 4 doors with soft tops and a few Sasquatch builds. See the videos below. I also took a few pics of the 2 door velocity blue Base since we donā€™t see many bases. And far behind them were hundreds more in the back. And lots of room in between for more.

Then I went over to MAP to see if any Broncos were in the yards there (a few weeks ago there werenā€˜t many) And I stumbled upon a continuous flow of Broncos coming off the line and being driven to a yard on the east side of the plant. Every few minutes another one would come out of the lot and drive half a mile down to the yard. And the yard had hundreds - maybe even a thousand - Broncos accumulating back there. I couldnā€™t get any pics since it was all so dynamic and the cars in the yard were so far back. But in the 20 mins I was hanging around, I saw at least 20 drive by. It was amazing.

Curiously, one of the 4 door soft tops had ā€œRTPā€ and ā€œhard topā€ written on the driverā€˜s window. I assume the soft top will be swapped out for a hard top at some point when available, but does anyone know what RTP means?

Anyone in the Detroit area looking to see Broncos, I highly recommend heading down there. It was such a blast!

Are all of these Broncos in addition to the 1069 something produced in may or part of that amount?

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That would be awesome. Seeing all those new cars reminds me of my first job working at a new car dealership doing new car inventory. When the carrier would deliver a truck full of new cars, often after hours, the truck driver definitely wouldn't put all the keys to the car in the glove box and leave the cars on the lot all night, unlocked. That never happened all the time. One would think Ford isn't doing that... but hey, maybe stop by tomorrow and see if you can get a free test drive!
I used to provide security officers for a company that received cars from overseas for distribution. It was not uncommon for them to have tens of thousands of cars sitting in every empty lot at the pier they could find. Every single one of them was unlocked with the keys inside. It was fairly common for the local police to call with the location of one that had ā€œwandered offā€.
Sponsored