Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone here done it yet? Is it allowed?

If you have ordered and didn't have a reservation, when did you order? Were you told when to expect your Bronco?
Sponsored

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone here done it yet? Is it allowed?

If you have ordered and didn't have a reservation, when did you order? Were you told when to expect your Bronco?
Anyone can place an order without a reservation. It just isn't going to get built until they're done with reservation holder orders. Basically, see ya in 2024 when dealer stock gets fulfilled.

I'm having such fun converting my reservation to an order (sarcasm) that I'm pretty sure my current order isn't attached to my reservation and that it will be unscheduled in the Ford system until dealer stock is being built... Basically, I'll see ya in 2024.

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For one, no. Just no.

For two. There is a way to order one right now. Place a new reservation and get a dealership to place an order on that reservation number.

But why would you? There is no chance for you to get a 2021 at this point. So why order it now when all you need is a reservation? Just go get a reservation already, and wait until 2022 B&P shows up, then place an order.

Reservations are still active: (Just need scroll down a bit)

Review and Reserve Here

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
For one, no. Just no.

For two. There is a way to order one right now. Place a new reservation and get a dealership to place an order on that reservation number.

But why would you? There is no chance for you to get a 2021 at this point. So why order it now when all you need is a reservation? Just go get a reservation already, and wait until 2022 B&P shows up, then place an order.

Reservations are still active: (Just need scroll down a bit)

Review and Reserve Here
Someone at Ford needs to update this on their website.

Ford Bronco Ordering without a reservation? 1623252563663

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Everyone who’s saying you can’t get a newly ordered bronco until 2024 is completely wrong.

As has always been the case, if you order a completely non-constrained config with a low take rate (e.g. 4d soft top 4cyl auto mid etc etc), you will jump in front of tens of thousands of earlier reservation holders, as example

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone who’s saying you can’t get a newly ordered bronco until 2024 is completely wrong.

As has always been the case, if you order a completely non-constrained config with a low take rate (e.g. 4d soft top 4cyl auto mid etc etc), you will jump in front of tens of thousands of earlier reservation holders, as example
If by always, you mean after allocations were added and Ford admitted they could not build the most popular ordered combinations eight months post launch (going as far as offering incentives for folks to swap to MIC roofs), then yes, we are agreed.

The next obvious question is will Ford offer incentives for existing orders to swap to soft tops or will they completely screw the reservationists and build dealer stock instead?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
will Ford offer incentives for existing orders to swap to soft tops
The incentive is the increased likelihood of receiving your bronco earlier, and yes Ford has offered that by informing everyone it is the case. If someone doesn’t switch, they’re choosing to wait for the configuration they want, allowing those whose configurations can be readily manufactured to come first in the name of preference.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The incentive is the increased likelihood of receiving your bronco earlier, and yes Ford has offered that by informing everyone it is the case.
Have they, though? I looked back at my emails from Ford corporate, and none of them said you can accelerate your Bronco by switching from the MIC to a soft top. I know some dealers have told reservation holders that, but my dealer hasn't said squat.

And although there were news stories, as well as inside scoops on this forum, I believe the first direct communication from Ford that MIC tops were constrained was the email at the end of May that was supposed to contain a build date estimate.
Sponsored