Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 7/13 reservation and I am number 1 among 120+ orders at my dealer.
Dealer got many Broncos scheduled including wildtracks Badlands with MIC… except mine.
I have a Lux Badlands Auto with MIC.

I am guessing tow package is what kills it. Are we fairly confident there will be aftermarket tow hitch available right at release? I just need it for a bike rack.
For what it's worth I have a VIN with a 7/13 reservation - Badlands/MIC/7MT/HIGH/TOW

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently deleted tow from my badlands build. Like you, I don't need the harness (at least not soon), I just need the hitch for a bike rack and a cargo carrier.

I expect that the tow package will not be a limited commodity for very long. I expect these commodity shortages are pretty fluid, and that builds that get scheduled later in the year won't have a problem with the tow package, so I'm probably going to add it back in if I still don't have a VIN in August.

JPMonahasn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently deleted tow from my badlands build. Like you, I don't need the harness (at least not soon), I just need the hitch for a bike rack and a cargo carrier.

I expect that the tow package will not be a limited commodity for very long. I expect these commodity shortages are pretty fluid, and that builds that get scheduled later in the year won't have a problem with the tow package, so I'm probably going to add it back in if I still don't have a VIN in August.
that is exactly my plan. I want to factory tow, but I need my Bronco in October, so I took off the tow

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would love to see how a Ford Scheduling exec would react at the deli counter of a supermarket with the next number to be called. In comes Tom Cruise, Blake Shelton and 10 other Hollywood stars, they get to skip the line. Then, they tell the Ford exec. that they ran out of Turkey, Ham and Bologna because the stars bought the rest.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don't need the wiring, drop towing yesterday. Hitches will be easy to get and install. The wiring was the only reason I paid up for towing, I didn't want to have to hack something in later.

This is what kills me. Why can’t Ford send you a very direct message saying “hey if you drop tow now, we can push you forward” instead of leaving you guessing. Limbo is def the best way to describe it. Good luck!
It's unrealistic to expect Ford to review 200k orders and make suggestions to move them up. Not to mention why would they suggest dropping options, that costs them money.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For what it's worth I have a VIN with a 7/13 reservation - Badlands/MIC/7MT/HIGH/TOW
Have you received any other updates after the schedule for production/VIN email? Im scheduled for 6/28 with no other updates, which might be a good thing. Also, Ford did say - those with a VIN and scheduled build week are "ok".

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you received any other updates after the schedule for production/VIN email? Im scheduled for 6/28 with no other updates, which might be a good thing. Also, Ford did say - those with a VIN and scheduled build week are "ok".
I was scheduled for 6/28 originally and I had to call the hotline to get an update that I was pushed to 7/19. No communication about reschedules from Ford or dealer to that point.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was scheduled for 6/28 originally and I had to call the hotline to get an update that I was pushed to 7/19. No communication about reschedules from Ford or dealer to that point.
Ah, ok. I called the hotline on Monday - they asked me if I got the dreaded email from 5/28, which I didn't. I re iterated that my build is 6/28 and that I obviously have a VIN too. I asked them if they could give me an exact build date of that week and they said they don't have any further info. So, since I haven't received any other updates, I'm still under them assumption that 6/28 is still my build week.

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's my order except Lux & 2 door, 7/13 res but no Vin )-; trying to be patient and live vicariously through everyone who has a vin and build date. Congrats to you my friend

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems that orders with tow pkg will eventually be prioritized above non-tow, since it is a profitable item for Ford. We just don't know when.

I think the biggest problem now is dealer mix. If you are at a dealer with lots of late orders or low-option orders, Ford will cherry-pick the low-option builds ahead of the 7/13 orders so they can reserve the rarer commodities for dealers with only high-option builds remaining. That is currently how they can ensure each dealer gets their allocation and delay the start of dealer stock builds.

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don't need the wiring, drop towing yesterday. Hitches will be easy to get and install. The wiring was the only reason I paid up for towing, I didn't want to have to hack something in later.

It's unrealistic to expect Ford to review 200k orders and make suggestions to move them up. Not to mention why would they suggest dropping options, that costs them money.
I think a computer program can categorize and count orders based on builds with very little effort " I know my bank dose it with my checking account". Ford is not losing money buy telling you hoe to get your order pushed along, they have been doing that for some time now. Ford needs to get as many MY21 Broncos out as possible and minimize the back up as much as possible. That is costing Ford way more then people dropping a tow package. At this point they just want to get Broncos on the road.

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I say hold the line, I have the same build as you, no vin yet.

These are mass produced vehicles, everyone will have one that wants one. They will be everywhere! Get it the way you want it, even if it takes a few more weeks to get it that way

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think a computer program can categorize and count orders based on builds with very little effort " I know my bank dose it with my checking account". Ford is not losing money buy telling you hoe to get your order pushed along, they have been doing that for some time now. Ford needs to get as many MY21 Broncos out as possible and minimize the back up as much as possible. That is costing Ford way more then people dropping a tow package. At this point they just want to get Broncos on the road.
Ford's rockstars aren't writing that program. They struggle with B&P.