First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve stuck with my current dealer because I am hoping I am keeping my place in line. But if I haven’t and I get bumped to MY22 I am done with them.

This is not a complaint about Ford and the roll out of the Bronco. It has had it issues but it is far from the clusterfuck a lot of the self-entitled people cry about. But about my crappy dealer.

I’ve bought cars from them before and it has always been a fine experience. Not great nor bad. Just a transaction. Service has also been good. Both warranty and out of warranty.

However ordering my Bronco has sucked.

Backstory. I was a day 1 reservation (not that that really means much) but a somewhat late conversion as my salesman would call and not leave a VM and I work nights and it just showed as quasi-local wireless caller. That is on me for not following up when I knew the conversions were starting. My 4-door has no contratraints on it as far as commodities. Only possible issues with chips is the built in navigation.

My issues begin with when I finally made contact with the dealer to convert to an order. My salesman said there is a $7500 “market adjustment” for all orders. I told them to get bent and I will not pay that. The manager called me back a day later with “good news” that they would drop it to only $5000. I told them I would contact Ford and move my reservation to another dealer. I didn’t really follow up on that that day other than start to look into how I would do it.

The next Monday (2-3 days later) a different manager calls me and says they are not doing any markups on reservations and I can come in and convert to an order. But my original reservation was cancelled… however he swore up and down that he can get “my time stamp” back and I wouldn’t lose my place. The next day I went in and placed my order on a second reservation number. Signed the contract for MSRP and left.

Two days later he calls me again apologizing like mad that “something happened” with the second reservation and it too was cancelled. I need to make a 3rd and this one will still get the same original “day 1” position. I told him I thought it was horse shit but I did the 3rd reservation and this one actually converted.

My prior two reservations, including Day 1, show as cancelled. The 3rd, super late in the game, shows as converted. No build date or anything but that’s life.

I’ve asked my dealer where I am in their allotments… as in what position am I in for their amount allotted orders and they have simply not given me a straight answer. Other than to say I am still in my original spot. Which doesn’t really answer the question nor do I believe them.

At this point I really don’t have any skin in the game other than the $300 for the reservations so I will ride it out and see where the chips land but if I get bumped to MY22 then this dealer can go get *+%#ed.

End of mini-rant. Anyone else not care for how their DEALER, not Ford, has handled this? And yes some of this is self inflicted upon myself I know.
Sponsored

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s a video going around right now about how in Europe or some countries a Market Value Adjustment is illegal. We need those laws here. The dealer near me had a $50K market adjustment on a $80K mustang. I get it might be a GT350 or GT500 but anyone willing to pay $130K for that is stupid. I hear they stopped making them until the new mustang comes out next year but still might as well get the Mach 1.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If your first 2 reservations were canceled, you should get that $200 refunded to the credit card used to make the reservations. I’d get Ford involved to ensure your 3rd reservation actually replaced your first one. Also they should be able to tell you what happened to your first reservation.

What a mess. Good luck

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My dealership isn't exactly stellar, either.
First: They did NOT call me to convert my Bronco reservation to an order in January. I saw posts on reservations being converted here and I had to go to the dealership to get them to convert it over two weeks later (this is also why I don't expect mine to preview soon - late conversion.)
Second: They insisted on a $1K ADM. I didn't mind it at the time, but the more I learn, the more it makes me angry. Add in the doc fees money grab (even if no actual vehicle discount, why not X-plan just to cap this?!?! That alone would be a huge plus!), and moving it to SAG alone would save me a chunk of change equal to more than I paid for all of the accessories sitting in my garage right now and then some.
Third: On the Mavericks, they had NO CLUE orders were open. Two days AFTER they opened. What does it say about your dealership when your customer has to tell YOU that you can take orders now? They had to call someone, and then acted like they were informing me "On your reservation, we can actually place the order today!". No homie, you don't insist you can't order it then come back like you're doing me a favor. This torqued me to no end, but I also know that guy was kind of new, so I didn't "call it" right then and there. I am giving them one last chance at redemption.

This is the plan I have in mind: Tell the dealership to drop the ADM, and they get to keep both orders. I spent part of today checking on what it would take to move my order. Not a great process, but very doable. If they refuse to budge, then the Bronco order moves, and the Maverick order goes with it, and they also have to refund me my deposit which wasn't exactly the tiniest, but not huge. In this market, losing 2 new vehicle sales AND having to refund a deposit isn't what I would think a small town dealership would want to do.

Monday is going to be brutal. :)

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a local dealers ad on a XLT F150.

Ford Bronco Changing Dealers if Bumped to MY22… HATE my Dealer 1623408918367

Everyone is aware of the supply issues but really? How you going to look at someone with a straight face knowing they just put the buyer in a negative equity position for the next 10 years. Shame on the lender that funds this deal, they are just as guilty.

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

20k dealer markup for the most common truck in the US? I think even someone with a 10 million dollar net worth would rather laugh at them then pay for that “convenience”.

Then again there is a sucker born every minute and it’s obvious the average car buyer buys twice as much as they can responsibly afford(probably 3x for the average bronco6g member) and overpays on top of that through dealer markup and bad financing.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is a local dealers ad on a XLT F150.

1623408918367.png

Everyone is aware of the supply issues but really? How you going to look at someone with a straight face knowing they just put the buyer in a negative equity position for the next 10 years. Shame on the lender that funds this deal, they are just as guilty.
Dayum, 62K minus 2K equals 83K. That must be some of that common core math. SMH

OP, good luck. It's amazing how some of these dealerships even stay in business.

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Should have gone with Stephens or granger depending on your geography.

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is exactly why I went with Stephens in WV as soon as I got the sense ordering would be a s—show. All that was reaffirmed when I recently tried to upgrade to a newer Ranger here locally and got the run around with local dealers sneaking in undisclosed dealer add-ons once we started talking numbers like $500 wheel well liners, etc. I doubt I ever buy a car local again now that my eyes have been opened by this message board.

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone think the high volume dealers will open up for switching again when B/P opens up for those of us getting pushed to my22?

I'd probably switch as well, especially if there's a reduction in price incentive.