Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Little story time I hope Ford management are
reading this post....

I order two bronco on the first night of the bronco launch it was difficult with their server crashing but I got two reservation by 10pm
One for me and the other one for my wife. At the begging we want 2 door and 4 door.

When it time to convert our reservation reservation we decide to only convert one reservation and let another early reservation Bronco enthusiasts have a chance to get a bronco instead of me buying two and reselling the other one for profit.... I rather have another enthusiasts be able to enjoye their bronco earlier.....

My earlier reservation number... I did not like my the dealership in Jacksonville for many reason adm etc.... But the dealer of my wife reservation in New syrmrna Beach was very nice and no bs no adm.... we decide to keep only that reservation and cancel the other in Jacksonville....

The dealership in Jacksonville convert my reservation without my consent 3 days before the deadline.... when I received email about my reservation in Jacksonville was convert without my consent I contact the dealership immediately and told them I did not agree to convert this reservation and I ask my refund .... I also try to reach Ford corporate about it and my refund .... but waist a lot of time on the phone and got no where...

But recently I received my Vin by email from Ford for the reservation in Jacksonville dealership.... what a coincidence the next day I received email from the Jacksonville dealership the about my order been cancel and received my 100$ refund..... probably when the Vin is assign if some cancel after the dealership will have a Bronco to sell and prevent bronco enthusiasts who have a Reservation to received their.

My reservation number at my other dealership is very close to the other one I am expecting to received a Vin from New symrna Beach soon ...

I found it very unfair how some dealership do business .....

I hope Ford management reach out to me....
I have a lot of email and communication to show the wrong doing of their Jacksonville dealership.....

I am curious of what people think about this....
You wrote:
" The dealership in Jacksonville convert my reservation without my consent 3 days before the deadline.... when I received email about my reservation in Jacksonville was convert without my consent I contact the dealership immediately and told them I did not agree to convert this reservation and I ask my refund .... I also try to reach Ford corporate about it and my refund .... but waist a lot of time on the phone and got no where... "

Many people on this forum, including myself, had their reservations converted to orders without consent. I contacted Ford and they had me create a new order at a different dealer and moved my timestamp to that order. Many people did exactly the same and everything was/is fine. You could/should have done the same thing. Sounds like you gave up and didn't get sh_t resolved. That's on you.

Were I you, I certainly would have moved the reservation to the dealer I liked. I also would have placed both orders at that dealer. This way you could 1) buy both 2) sell one 3) let the dealer keep the 2nd.

At this point, you could probably still buy the Bronco from the dealer who converted your order. It's got your name on it.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The point is I did not convert the Jacksonville reservation to a order
They did without my consent I notify them ....
They still keep my reservation alive ....
For them to a bronco in their inventory...
If they did cancel my reservertion or did not convert my this reservation .... that will mean another bronco enthusiasts will have their custom bronco .... instead of the dealer have one to sell for the highest biddier....
Bronco enthusiast? Any joe shmoe could have made a reservation. Reservation is just reservation. Some reservation holder "enthusiasts" will be driving Sas Broncos exclusively to the grocery store, lol. I hope as the months go by, Broncos start becoming available outside of the reservation system for regular buyers - which include Bronco enthusiasts.

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wait, was the second Bronco for your wife, or were you planning on flipping it?

If the latter, now you're mad about the dealership flipping it instead?

I'm having a hard time feeling bad for the OP. On the "List of Dastardly Dealerships," this one ranks pretty low.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could have applied 99 code to your second reservation, delaying it until MY22. This would give you some time until next year to make a decision; at least the dealer would not have the right to take it in the meantime.

OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you get your $100 back?
They convert my reservation. Without my consent I notify Jacksonville dealership immediately I did not agree and want my deposit back......

They only cancel and issue my 100$ refund after Vin for the reservation was issue...

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They convert my reservation. Without my consent I notify Jacksonville dealership immediately I did not agree and want my deposit back......

They only cancel and issue my 100$ refund after Vin for the reservation was issue...
I’m sorry, I don’t fully understand what your saying.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That was a crappy thing for your dealership to do, despite all the other comments on here about "dealership allocation" blah blah blah.

You're right. The dealer is getting a Bronco, will sell it at a huge profit, and delay someone else's who actually had a reservation.

Thanks for posting. This is one reason the dealership model is broken and slowly being replaced. I predict a whole different car buying environment within five years that doesn't look anything like what we see today. Too many ways for dealerships to screw customers and too little oversight by Ford.

OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You could have applied 99 code to your second reservation, delaying it until MY22. This would give you some time until next year to make a decision; at least the dealer would not have the right to take it in the meantime.
When I contact ford corporate I could reach nobody easily who know what to do to fix it and get the refund and all told me the delearship have to cancel it in their system ... big waist of time for 100$....

But I did not worrie I have my other Reservation active at good dealership with very early timestamp I should received my Vin soon the timestamp number was 800 apart between both reservation

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
The point is I did not convert the Jacksonville reservation to a order
They did without my consent I notify them ....
They still keep my reservation alive ....
For them to a bronco in their inventory...
If they did cancel my reservertion or did not convert my this reservation .... that will mean another bronco enthusiasts will have their custom bronco .... instead of the dealer have one to sell for the highest biddier....
You are over thinking it. It was not "your" Bronco anymore after you canceled it. It became the dealership's. That Bronco will still get built and sold by the dealership you ordered from. Sucks that you have to get the update emails, but that Bronco is now part of that dealership's allocation and will be on the lot for the highest bidder. I know it sounds and feels a little shady, but sadly it is normal. Sorry. Hope you get a vin on your second one soon.

OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That was a crappy thing for your dealership to do, despite all the other comments on here about "dealership allocation" blah blah blah.

You're right. The dealer is getting a Bronco, will sell it at a huge profit, and delay someone else's who actually had a reservation.

Thanks for posting. This is one reason the dealership model is broken and slowly being replaced. I predict a whole different car buying environment within five years that doesn't look anything like what we see today. Too many ways for dealerships to screw customers and too little oversight by Ford.
Finally someone understand why I share my story.....

Reactions: sjp

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You are over thinking it. It was not "your" Bronco anymore after you canceled it. It became the dealership's. That Bronco will still get built and sold by the dealership you ordered from. Sucks that you have to get the update emails, but that Bronco is now part of that dealership's allocation and will be on the lot for the highest bidder. I know it sounds and feels a little shady, but sadly it is normal. Sorry. Hope you get a vin on your second one soon.
I guess you don't get it
They convert my reservation without my consent..... few days before the deadline for the convertion... I caught them do it and I told them to issue a refund despite all that they still to their Shenanigan that give them more allocation for their dealership and they know how to trick them system 'loophole' cancel the order after Vin was issued..... no need to be rocket scientist to see how shaddy they operate....

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is like everything that is wrong with the reservation klugefest. Some Hyundai Tucson driving guy reserves "his and her" Broncos ... because. And now is upset one of the reservations he doesn't even want anymore, will not be used as he desires. And you're suggesting he should have bogarted the reservation. Nice. ;)

Ford if you're listening, I look forward to the end of this reservation cr*p and the horse it road in on, when you start selling cars and not reservations ... to regular buyers who also happen to include Bronco fans.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would say that if you walked on the reservation, just don't look back. As long as you have your $100, don't waste any more emotional capital.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I guess I'm confused. I was in a similar situation. I didn't get any pricing info from my first dealer so made a second reservation with Granger. I went into the Ford system and cancelled my first reservation. Got my $100 back almost immediately. System showed reservation as cancelled so the dealer didn't have a chance to pull any shinanigans.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.